independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 25th Sep 2017 2:33am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > USA and North Korea Part II
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/04/17 1:57am

Astasheiks

avatar

USA and North Korea Part II

North Korea is now claiming to have the Hydrogen bomb....

That prompted:

"US Defense Secretary James Mattis told reporte...hite House that any threat to the United States, its allies or its territories "will be met with a massive military response, a response both effective and overwhelming." He added: "Kim Jong Un should take heed of the United Nations Security Council's unified voice. All members unanimously agreed on the threat North Korea poses and they remain unanimous in their commitment to the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula ... We are not looking to the total annihilation of a country, namely North Korea, but as I said, we have many options to do so."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/03/asia/north-korea-nuclear-test/index.html

Is Kim Jong Un Cruising for a brusing?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/04/17 6:50am

poppys

So many problems. We don't know if it is a hydrogen bomb. We can't take out NK without harming other countries. We have an idiot president with no experience as an adult, much less commander in chief.

I suggest everybody revisit what we did to Japan in WWII and see if they think bombing them into oblivion is really a good idea, or even a solution at all.

Kick the old-school joints. For the true funk soldiers.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/04/17 12:19pm

Astasheiks

avatar

US Ambassador to UN: Nikki Haley says Kim Jong Un 'Begging For War'!....

"US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said Monday that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un was "begging for war" as she urged the UN Security Council to adopt the strongest sanctions measures possible to stop Pyongyang's nuclear program.

Speaking at a Security Council emergency meeting, Haley said North Korea's sixth nuclear test was a clear sign that "the time for half measures" from the UN had to end.
"Enough is enough," Haley said. "We have taken an incremental approach, and despite the best of intentions, it has not worked."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/04/politics/haley-north-korea-united-nations/index.html
1999 eye crysball
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/04/17 2:11pm

MoBettaBliss

the guy is a nutjob

yet whatever happens... people will blame trump

this WILL come to a head... and everyone better hope that he's dealt with quickly and definitively

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/04/17 3:39pm

morningsong

avatar

Man, you all must have been acting a pure fool to make that other thread disappear?



Sad that America's greatness is based on our ability to kick NKs azz. We ain't been doing that well with these itty bitty countries over these decades. I'd really hate Putin to one up the States by "appearing" to be the one to defuse the situation. At this point I'd rather Trump defuse it but not overly confident in that department. I seriously feel someone else is going to step into that gap for all the world to see.
“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/04/17 4:41pm

poppys

Astasheiks said:

US Ambassador to UN: Nikki Haley says Kim Jong Un 'Begging For War'!....

"US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said Monday that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un was "begging for war" as she urged the UN Security Council to adopt the strongest sanctions measures possible to stop Pyongyang's nuclear program.

Speaking at a Security Council emergency meeting, Haley said North Korea's sixth nuclear test was a clear sign that "the time for half measures" from the UN had to end.
"Enough is enough," Haley said. "We have taken an incremental approach, and despite the best of intentions, it has not worked."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/04/politics/haley-north-korea-united-nations/index.html
1999 eye crysball

What exactly does that mean, "begging for war"? I'm not sure she should be saying that. It puts the focus on him for begging, but doesn't it make our role the giver of what he wants?

Kick the old-school joints. For the true funk soldiers.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/04/17 9:33pm

sonshine

avatar

poppys said:

So many problems. We don't know if it is a hydrogen bomb. We can't take out NK without harming other countries. We have an idiot president with no experience as an adult, much less commander in chief.

I suggest everybody revisit what we did to Japan in WWII and see if they think bombing them into oblivion is really a good idea, or even a solution at all.



Welp, it was effective. Right? :boxed:

Not that i condone our actions at all. I watched a documentary on that particular event and it was absolutely horrific learning the after effects. My heart was broken and couldn't get it off my mind for days.

It seems as tho the two countries are on a collision course. I've been nauseous ever since hearing the recent developments and statements.
Have you had your plus sign (+) today?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/04/17 9:45pm

Astasheiks

avatar

MoBettaBliss said:

the guy is a nutjob

yet whatever happens... people will blame trump

this WILL come to a head... and everyone better hope that he's dealt with quickly and definitively

a nutjob, seems to be a understatement. And I also believe this Will come to a head...

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/04/17 9:50pm

Astasheiks

avatar

morningsong said:

Man, you all must have been acting a pure fool to make that other thread disappear? Sad that America's greatness is based on our ability to kick NKs azz. We ain't been doing that well with these itty bitty countries over these decades. I'd really hate Putin to one up the States by "appearing" to be the one to defuse the situation. At this point I'd rather Trump defuse it but not overly confident in that department. I seriously feel someone else is going to step into that gap for all the world to see.

That is what I was wondering, but I don't believe it was any of the others on here so far that was the cause of that but somebody or a few where. It sure wasn't me that cause it, haha

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/04/17 9:53pm

Astasheiks

avatar

poppys said:

Astasheiks said:

US Ambassador to UN: Nikki Haley says Kim Jong Un 'Begging For War'!....

"US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said Monday that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un was "begging for war" as she urged the UN Security Council to adopt the strongest sanctions measures possible to stop Pyongyang's nuclear program.

Speaking at a Security Council emergency meeting, Haley said North Korea's sixth nuclear test was a clear sign that "the time for half measures" from the UN had to end.
"Enough is enough," Haley said. "We have taken an incremental approach, and despite the best of intentions, it has not worked."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/04/politics/haley-north-korea-united-nations/index.html
1999 eye crysball

What exactly does that mean, "begging for war"? I'm not sure she should be saying that. It puts the focus on him for begging, but doesn't it make our role the giver of what he wants?

Does seem like strange wording but actually seem to fit him like somebody "barking up the wrong tree" magnified about a 100 times! biggrin

[Edited 9/4/17 22:12pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/04/17 9:59pm

Astasheiks

avatar

October 7-17 should be interesting...

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/05/17 5:45am

poppys

Astasheiks said:

poppys said:

What exactly does that mean, "begging for war"? I'm not sure she should be saying that. It puts the focus on him for begging, but doesn't it make our role the giver of what he wants?

Does seem like strange wording but actually seem to fit him like somebody "barking up the wrong tree" magnified about a 100 times! biggrin

If your 4 yr old is begging for something you diffuse it, not make it the theme of the day. I understand that he is more dangerous than a 4 yr old but how is it helping for Haley to say that? She needs to be the adult here, somebody does. "Begging for war" is rhetoric with a schoolyard flavor.

We need to avoid engaging with him in this way and keep working on other strategies, imo.

Kick the old-school joints. For the true funk soldiers.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/05/17 9:19am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

NK offered a peace treaty twice. Did you learn that anywhere?

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/05/17 9:21am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Morning Joe was like Alex Jones today. "What if Kim Jong Un nuked Seattle." "We need missile defense." "NK will change American Society." "Can we live with a Nuclear NK." How about peace you dolts!

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 09/05/17 9:23am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

We are going to sell arms to Japan and South Korea. We know what it is about. Sick.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 09/05/17 9:23am

Lianachan

avatar

USA and North Korea - two people of toddler mentality in posession of nuclear weapons and arguing. What could possibly go wrong.

A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 09/05/17 9:29am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/12102995/North-Korea-offers-to-stop-nuclear-tests-in-exchange-for-peace-treaty.html

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 09/05/17 10:38am

morningsong

avatar

North Korea: UN needs to discuss US-South Korea drills

UNITED NATIONS (AP) " North Korea wants to take its complaints about U.S. and South Korean military exercises to the U.N. Security Council, saying the annual maneuvers are recklessly provocative at a time when tensions are "like a time bomb" " a message delivered as the North continued launching missiles.

A letter from North Korea's U.N. ambassador, Ja Song Nam, dated Friday and released Monday, asked Egypt as Security Council president to schedule a discussion urgently.

It's like adding "fuel to open fire" that the U.S. is staging a "provocative and aggressive joint military exercise at this critical moment of the Korean Peninsula, where the situation is just like a time bomb" that nobody is sure "when to blow up," he wrote.


http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11913065&ref=rss




“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 09/05/17 10:49am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Let lil man talk shit. That's all he has.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 09/05/17 1:47pm

Astasheiks

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/12102995/North-Korea-offers-to-stop-nuclear-tests-in-exchange-for-peace-treaty.html

Is this for real, probably a scam trying to buy more time...

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 09/05/17 3:31pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

That was from 2016.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 09/06/17 1:14am

Lianachan

avatar

A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 09/06/17 6:13am

poppys

Everything you need to know. shocked

Kick the old-school joints. For the true funk soldiers.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 09/06/17 8:56am

jamesholver

I do not think that is serious

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 09/06/17 3:53pm

214

jamesholver said:

I do not think that is serious

Me neither.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 09/07/17 7:57am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Yea, it is powerfully silly. Worry about the hurricanes.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 09/07/17 2:52pm

lust

avatar

Donnie talk to Pyongyang before it's too late.


Actually flag that. He'll make things worse.
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 09/08/17 11:01am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Lust, I still think Israel is worse.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 09/08/17 12:10pm

lust

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Lust, I still think Israel is worse.



I wasn't asking but thanks for your opinion on an unrelated topic.....again.

Now be a good lad and get back in your box cockwomble.

wink
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 09/08/17 2:29pm

214

2freaky4church1 said:

Lust, I still think Israel is worse.

Agree, and don't get me started with the jews... (just kidding).

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > USA and North Korea Part II