independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 24th May 2017 10:34am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Erdogan Security Forces attack protestors
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/17/17 6:50pm

benni

Erdogan Security Forces attack protestors

https://www.nytimes.com/2....html?_r=0

11 people were injured, including 1 police officer. This happened outside of the Turkey Ambassador's residence in Washington.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/17/17 10:39pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

benni said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2....html?_r=0

11 people were injured, including 1 police officer. This happened outside of the Turkey Ambassador's residence in Washington.


disbelief

"When you have people who don't know about science standing in denial of it and rising to power - that is a recipe for the complete dismantling of our informed democracy" - Neil de Grasse Tyson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/18/17 7:50am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

They also have immunity, the fucks.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/19/17 7:08am

TweetyV6

avatar

Footage of the fight in this tweet.:


https://twitter.com/Tarek...9688258560

The 'suits' are Erdogans Security people. They attack the protestors because they're Kurds.




In this video it looks like Erdogan, who's sitting in the back of the Mercedes, gives orders to one of his bodyguards to attack the protestors. That bodyguard relays the order to another bodyguard in front of him (at 0:12") he then storms towards the protestors and the fight begins.
At 1:13" we see Erdogan exiting the car.

That Erdogan motherfucker ought to be shot.



.

[Edited 5/19/17 7:13am]

___________________________________________________________________________________

All thinking men are Atheists - Hemingway

P.s. If you find spelling errors, you may keep them
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/19/17 8:11am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

I do not know the full context, I am not sure it matters. I will say that when you choose to protest and we are all aware of what kind of stuff happens sometimes... sometimes the people react. The lesson here may well be that Not Everyone is going to let you get away with stuff...

As I have said choosing to protest or take on some activism comes with the possibility of such a reaction. the individual has to understand this and accept it (to some degree) if it happens. Rosa Parks understood this when she did what she did. To her, it was worth it.

[Edited 5/19/17 10:09am]

I Stand United with Manchester!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/19/17 9:56am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

You need to reread that dreck you just wrote. John McCain said the Turkish ambassador should be kicked out of the country. amen

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/19/17 10:07am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

You need to reread that dreck you just wrote. John McCain said the Turkish ambassador should be kicked out of the country. amen

and? so what does that have to do with what I said... or rather how does what McPain said contradict what I said?

I Stand United with Manchester!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/19/17 10:11am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Say what they did was wrong and that protest is sacred.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/19/17 10:31am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Say what they did was wrong and that protest is sacred.

I am not sure it was, but the same rule applies to them... you choose to take an action and you may face consequences. Of course, if they were diplomats they can not be charged unless their government approves it...but they can be expelled. There is a theory that a person can have their Diplomatic Immunity revoked and if they chose to stay here (say they stay in a recognized consulate or embassy) after some time passes and if they were to leave they could be arrested and charged. But I suspect most nations would not do that as to not put their diplomats at risk)

But just like if some people were protesting outside my place. I might have enough and choose to take the risk to take some action. But that is my risk. Just like that is a risk they took.

Now that is not to say I can take such action without being punished.

And I do not know if protest is scared. I am not sure what you mean. But I am going to say they are not. I suspect you are confusing the first amendment right with this issue. Which is common and I am sure I have done the same. But a clear thinker should be able to see the difference and agree that Protests are Not Sacred.

I Stand United with Manchester!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/22/17 3:10am

TweetyV6

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

I do not know the full context.


Then don't write the crap you did.



Protest took place in Washington. AFAIK you're free to protest anything in the US (correct me if I'm wrong)
The big issue is, that Erdogan is a visiting foreign head of state (President of Turkey, in case you don't know)

He orders an attack on protesting US citizens on US soil. Who the fuck does he think he is?

He (Erdohitler) should have been kicked out for this and McCain is right, the Turkish ambasador should be kicked out of the US as well.

___________________________________________________________________________________

All thinking men are Atheists - Hemingway

P.s. If you find spelling errors, you may keep them
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/22/17 5:22am

Pokeno4Money

avatar

TweetyV6 said:

He orders an attack on protesting US citizens on US soil. Who the fuck does he think he is?


I don't know who he thinks he is, but I know I'm someone who doesn't judge without having context around the incident.

If, for instance, the protesters started throwing punches first, then security had every right to fight back.

But again, based on that video, we have no clue what happened.

"As a team, we have chosen to stand and interlock arms in unity. We honor those who have fought for the freedom we cherish. And we stand to ensure the riches and freedom and the security of justice for all people." --- Doug Baldwin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/22/17 5:32am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

TweetyV6 said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

I do not know the full context.


Then don't write the crap you did.



Protest took place in Washington. AFAIK you're free to protest anything in the US (correct me if I'm wrong)
The big issue is, that Erdogan is a visiting foreign head of state (President of Turkey, in case you don't know)

He orders an attack on protesting US citizens on US soil. Who the fuck does he think he is?

He (Erdohitler) should have been kicked out for this and McCain is right, the Turkish ambasador should be kicked out of the US as well.

interesting, basically you did what you just told me not to do...as you clearly do not know the whole story either.



Yes, we are free to protest, as long as it is peaceful. The right to protest would also apply to a counter protest. The fact that it got physical and that some simply assume that Erdogan Security was totally (Or mostly) in the wrong is just that...


I came in with zero agenda and watched the clip and read the story and what I said is valid and stands.

I Stand United with Manchester!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/22/17 5:35am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Pokeno4Money said:

TweetyV6 said:


I don't know who he thinks he is, but I know I'm someone who doesn't judge without having context around the incident.

If, for instance, the protesters started throwing punches first, then security had every right to fight back.

But again, based on that video, we have no clue what happened.

Yup! The funny part is how TweetyV6 told me not to post unless I know all the facts... funny how I cover both of the 2 most likely cases and said what TweetyV6 said as well

I Stand United with Manchester!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/22/17 6:11am

benni

According to what was reported, the protestors were protesting. There were police officers between them and the Turkish government and the protestors were not getting out of hand. There is other video that shows it from the Turkish side, and you can see someone in the car talking with one of the security guards around the car, who then talks with another security guard, who nods, and then takes off towards the protestors. The Turkey president gets out of the car only after the scuffle is underway with the protestors, which you can see in the background, and he even looks over at the security guards and the protestors and watches what is going on before turning away and heading in.

Trump hasn't said anything about this, has he? I've not found any statement from him.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/22/17 6:24am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

benni said:

According to what was reported, the protestors were protesting. There were police officers between them and the Turkish government and the protestors were not getting out of hand. There is other video that shows it from the Turkish side, and you can see someone in the car talking with one of the security guards around the car, who then talks with another security guard, who nods, and then takes off towards the protestors. The Turkey president gets out of the car only after the scuffle is underway with the protestors, which you can see in the background, and he even looks over at the security guards and the protestors and watches what is going on before turning away and heading in.

Trump hasn't said anything about this, has he? I've not found any statement from him.

^ Nope. But he was honored to meet Erdogan.

"When you have people who don't know about science standing in denial of it and rising to power - that is a recipe for the complete dismantling of our informed democracy" - Neil de Grasse Tyson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/22/17 6:39am

benni

DiminutiveRocker said:

benni said:

According to what was reported, the protestors were protesting. There were police officers between them and the Turkish government and the protestors were not getting out of hand. There is other video that shows it from the Turkish side, and you can see someone in the car talking with one of the security guards around the car, who then talks with another security guard, who nods, and then takes off towards the protestors. The Turkey president gets out of the car only after the scuffle is underway with the protestors, which you can see in the background, and he even looks over at the security guards and the protestors and watches what is going on before turning away and heading in.

Trump hasn't said anything about this, has he? I've not found any statement from him.

^ Nope. But he was honored to meet Erdogan.


I didn't think he did, but it was possible that I missed something while I was working. With this presidency, if you blink you can miss a new breaking story. eek

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/22/17 3:38pm

Pokeno4Money

avatar

benni said:

According to what was reported


That's your first mistake.

Never trust what was "reported" unless they provide evidence to support it.

"As a team, we have chosen to stand and interlock arms in unity. We honor those who have fought for the freedom we cherish. And we stand to ensure the riches and freedom and the security of justice for all people." --- Doug Baldwin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Erdogan Security Forces attack protestors