independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 13th Dec 2017 3:06am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Prince's JW faith & 3rd Eye teachings.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/17/17 8:41am

Monarch

avatar

Prince's JW faith & 3rd Eye teachings.

Although I'm not a Jehovah's witness nor do I claim to fully understand all of their theology, I haftowonder why Prince openly forwarded an Eastern mystical teaching. He could have gotten ex communicated from the organization over this. Prince did several things that could have gotten him in trouble with the church over the years. Possibly some of it was forgiven because he was new in the church at the time or letting things slide due to his celebrity. The 3rd eye stuff was after he had been in the church many years & I just can't see the organization letting this one slide. Does anyone know for sure where he was spiritually those last few years? I'm curious did he start to stray maybe.

To this day I will never understand his conversion to JW. I had read it was his mom's dying wish, but I've seen other sources saying she wasn't JW. Prince was supposedly a "free thinker". Why didn't he independently research the watchtower society? Mayte's book is making it out that this was no long process between Prince & Larry Graham, this was just a few meetings & Prince was hooked.

Was he technically still a JW those last few years?
Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/17/17 10:20am

PurpleSpirit31
9

He did a LOT of things that go against the JW faith!! I should know because my whole family are JWs(I am an excommunicated one myself), so I know about all their beliefs and everything!!! I bet they didnt like him getting involved with a lot of social causes, like the Black Lives Matter movement by doing the Rally4Peace Concert, as well as being friends with people like Van Jones and other political figures, because one of their beleifs is that they stay as seperate from the world as possible and not to get involved in the world and its political and religious affairs as they beleive that the only hope for all mankind and the worlds troubles is Gods Kingdom, because no man is capable of ruling over mankind(The reason why they dont vote for any political party)!! And if he was a TRUE JW then he would have known that and refused to get involved, even though it might have cost him a few friends in high places!!

Also, a lot of his humanitarian and philanthropic works(if u can call sitting behind a plush desk in a plush office writing checks out as a humanitarian/philanthropic work, that is!!!) wouldnt have gone down well with them either!!

Yes, I always managed how he was able to fuse together the JW teachings as well as certain Eastern teachings(hence the Third Eye) as that is totally contrary to their beliefs!!

I suppose in my opinion, they kept a lot of things quiet and overlooked a lot of things that he did, because, after all, they would have hated to lose their prize convert!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/17/17 12:45pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

He obviously screwed around.

DJ is da man
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/17/17 10:00pm

PURplEMaPLeSyr
up

avatar

i will be interested to read the replies that more exactly address your question, but just felt it might be interesting to point out that a lot of the bible, without using the term 'third eye', is still talking about using the third eye, and i think prince was hinting at the connection. prophets are 'seers' and we know their 'sight' is of the spiritual 3rd eye kind instead of physical sight. faith enables spiritual sight. i recall benni mentioning something about the 3rd eye area being the seat of the christ consciousness, and i've been meaning to research that. i just think its cool to make connections.

flowing through the veins of the tree of life...purplemaplesyrup
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/18/17 3:44am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

Back at NPGMC I was friends with someone with connection to someone at PP. They sent a picture of Prince's next planned project and it was Prince looked like he was in Egypt wearing a large 3rd eye on his forehead. Think it was around NEWS. I think he had a plan to have an all girl rock group a long time ago. The picture was posted recently in the Prince forum. I would not be shocked if he had the 3EG idea years before it came to be. I always seen 3rd eye as reference to how he wanted his band to play.

You better Watch Out! I'm a WAR MACHINE!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/18/17 9:20am

purplepoppy

PurpleSpirit319 said:

He did a LOT of things that go against the JW faith!! I should know because my whole family are JWs(I am an excommunicated one myself), so I know about all their beliefs and everything!!! I bet they didnt like him getting involved with a lot of social causes, like the Black Lives Matter movement by doing the Rally4Peace Concert, as well as being friends with people like Van Jones and other political figures, because one of their beleifs is that they stay as seperate from the world as possible and not to get involved in the world and its political and religious affairs as they beleive that the only hope for all mankind and the worlds troubles is Gods Kingdom, because no man is capable of ruling over mankind(The reason why they dont vote for any political party)!! And if he was a TRUE JW then he would have known that and refused to get involved, even though it might have cost him a few friends in high places!!

Also, a lot of his humanitarian and philanthropic works(if u can call sitting behind a plush desk in a plush office writing checks out as a humanitarian/philanthropic work, that is!!!) wouldnt have gone down well with them either!!

Yes, I always managed how he was able to fuse together the JW teachings as well as certain Eastern teachings(hence the Third Eye) as that is totally contrary to their beliefs!!

I suppose in my opinion, they kept a lot of things quiet and overlooked a lot of things that he did, because, after all, they would have hated to lose their prize convert!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin


Yes that is exactly what I call it. He sought out grassroots causes and paid medical bills for individuals that no one else cared about. He funded chidren's musical educations etc and on and on and on.

Brand new boogie without the hero.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/18/17 10:18am

PurpleSpirit31
9

purplepoppy said:

PurpleSpirit319 said:

He did a LOT of things that go against the JW faith!! I should know because my whole family are JWs(I am an excommunicated one myself), so I know about all their beliefs and everything!!! I bet they didnt like him getting involved with a lot of social causes, like the Black Lives Matter movement by doing the Rally4Peace Concert, as well as being friends with people like Van Jones and other political figures, because one of their beleifs is that they stay as seperate from the world as possible and not to get involved in the world and its political and religious affairs as they beleive that the only hope for all mankind and the worlds troubles is Gods Kingdom, because no man is capable of ruling over mankind(The reason why they dont vote for any political party)!! And if he was a TRUE JW then he would have known that and refused to get involved, even though it might have cost him a few friends in high places!!

Also, a lot of his humanitarian and philanthropic works(if u can call sitting behind a plush desk in a plush office writing checks out as a humanitarian/philanthropic work, that is!!!) wouldnt have gone down well with them either!!

Yes, I always managed how he was able to fuse together the JW teachings as well as certain Eastern teachings(hence the Third Eye) as that is totally contrary to their beliefs!!

I suppose in my opinion, they kept a lot of things quiet and overlooked a lot of things that he did, because, after all, they would have hated to lose their prize convert!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin


Yes that is exactly what I call it. He sought out grassroots causes and paid medical bills for individuals that no one else cared about. He funded chidren's musical educations etc and on and on and on.

I am more of a "boots on the ground" person when it comes to humanitarian and philanthropy!! Actually going to the "ground zero" of a disaster, cause or whatever!! Being there to hand out parcels of food, water, medical stuff, donning hygenic hairnets and gloves and being behind counters serving food, getting your hands dirty to actually rebuild or even just BEING THERE to be a shoulder for someone to cry on or going to hospitals, schools, etc,!!! Writng checks out is so easy and takes no effort at all, IMO!!!

I could never ever imagine Prince doing that!!!

I never ever bought any of his humanitarian and philanthropy!! Any idiot can write checks out, IMO!!

[Edited 4/18/17 10:20am]

[Edited 4/18/17 10:22am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/18/17 10:23am

purplepoppy

PurpleSpirit319 said:

purplepoppy said:


Yes that is exactly what I call it. He sought out grassroots causes and paid medical bills for individuals that no one else cared about. He funded chidren's musical educations etc and on and on and on.

I am more of a "boots on the ground" person when it comes to humanitarian and philanthropy!! Actually going to the "ground zero" of a disaster, cause or whatever!! Being there to hand out parcels of food, water, medical stuff, donning hygenic hairnets and gloves and being behind counters serving food, getting your hands dirty to actually rebuild or even just BEING THERE to be a shoulder for someone to cry on or going to hospitals, schools, etc,!!! Writng checks out is so easy and takes no effort at all, IMO!!!


Yes, but somebody's buying all that stuff for you to help with. Everybody does their part. Prince standing in a sandbag line may not be the best use of his gifts. Prince was nothing if not about effort imo. He had no trouble door knocking from what I've read.

Brand new boogie without the hero.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/22/17 6:30am

FunkOnTheOne

PurpleSpirit319 said:

purplepoppy said:


Yes that is exactly what I call it. He sought out grassroots causes and paid medical bills for individuals that no one else cared about. He funded chidren's musical educations etc and on and on and on.

I am more of a "boots on the ground" person when it comes to humanitarian and philanthropy!! Actually going to the "ground zero" of a disaster, cause or whatever!! Being there to hand out parcels of food, water, medical stuff, donning hygenic hairnets and gloves and being behind counters serving food, getting your hands dirty to actually rebuild or even just BEING THERE to be a shoulder for someone to cry on or going to hospitals, schools, etc,!!! Writng checks out is so easy and takes no effort at all, IMO!!!

I could never ever imagine Prince doing that!!!

I never ever bought any of his humanitarian and philanthropy!! Any idiot can write checks out, IMO!!

[Edited 4/18/17 10:20am]

[Edited 4/18/17 10:22am]

If no-one is there to write the checks please can you explain just what it is you would be handing out?

Without funding, your efforts would amount to very little indeed. Prince did far more good by donating to the experts in these areas rather than by offereing a pair of hands.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/22/17 6:34am

FunkOnTheOne

PurpleSpirit319 said:

purplepoppy said:


Yes that is exactly what I call it. He sought out grassroots causes and paid medical bills for individuals that no one else cared about. He funded chidren's musical educations etc and on and on and on.

I am more of a "boots on the ground" person when it comes to humanitarian and philanthropy!! Actually going to the "ground zero" of a disaster, cause or whatever!! Being there to hand out parcels of food, water, medical stuff, donning hygenic hairnets and gloves and being behind counters serving food, getting your hands dirty to actually rebuild or even just BEING THERE to be a shoulder for someone to cry on or going to hospitals, schools, etc,!!! Writng checks out is so easy and takes no effort at all, IMO!!!

I could never ever imagine Prince doing that!!!

I never ever bought any of his humanitarian and philanthropy!! Any idiot can write checks out, IMO!!

[Edited 4/18/17 10:20am]

[Edited 4/18/17 10:22am]

Firstly the third eye concept is not exclusively an Eastern concept.

Secondly, I have no idea whatsoever why you think that JW's would be against charity. They don't vote, that's fine but they do believe that you should do some good in the world, which is what Prince did.

By writing checks, what you are doing is essentially giving up the time that you spent aquring that money in the first place. Sadly, in a capitalistic society one person writing checks can effect more change than a 1000 people with little income.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/22/17 8:55am

morningsong

avatar

PurpleSpirit319 said:



purplepoppy said:




PurpleSpirit319 said:


He did a LOT of things that go against the JW faith!! I should know because my whole family are JWs(I am an excommunicated one myself), so I know about all their beliefs and everything!!! I bet they didnt like him getting involved with a lot of social causes, like the Black Lives Matter movement by doing the Rally4Peace Concert, as well as being friends with people like Van Jones and other political figures, because one of their beleifs is that they stay as seperate from the world as possible and not to get involved in the world and its political and religious affairs as they beleive that the only hope for all mankind and the worlds troubles is Gods Kingdom, because no man is capable of ruling over mankind(The reason why they dont vote for any political party)!! And if he was a TRUE JW then he would have known that and refused to get involved, even though it might have cost him a few friends in high places!!



Also, a lot of his humanitarian and philanthropic works(if u can call sitting behind a plush desk in a plush office writing checks out as a humanitarian/philanthropic work, that is!!!) wouldnt have gone down well with them either!!



Yes, I always managed how he was able to fuse together the JW teachings as well as certain Eastern teachings(hence the Third Eye) as that is totally contrary to their beliefs!!



I suppose in my opinion, they kept a lot of things quiet and overlooked a lot of things that he did, because, after all, they would have hated to lose their prize convert!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin





Yes that is exactly what I call it. He sought out grassroots causes and paid medical bills for individuals that no one else cared about. He funded chidren's musical educations etc and on and on and on.




I am more of a "boots on the ground" person when it comes to humanitarian and philanthropy!! Actually going to the "ground zero" of a disaster, cause or whatever!! Being there to hand out parcels of food, water, medical stuff, donning hygenic hairnets and gloves and being behind counters serving food, getting your hands dirty to actually rebuild or even just BEING THERE to be a shoulder for someone to cry on or going to hospitals, schools, etc,!!! Writng checks out is so easy and takes no effort at all, IMO!!!



I could never ever imagine Prince doing that!!!



I never ever bought any of his humanitarian and philanthropy!! Any idiot can write checks out, IMO!!


[Edited 4/18/17 10:20am]

[Edited 4/18/17 10:22am]



Eric, whatcha doin around these parts?
“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/22/17 9:22am

purplepoppy

PurpleSpirit319 said:

I am more of a "boots on the ground" person when it comes to humanitarian and philanthropy!! Actually going to the "ground zero" of a disaster, cause or whatever!! Being there to hand out parcels of food, water, medical stuff, donning hygenic hairnets and gloves and being behind counters serving food, getting your hands dirty to actually rebuild or even just BEING THERE to be a shoulder for someone to cry on or going to hospitals, schools, etc,!!! Writng checks out is so easy and takes no effort at all, IMO!!!

I could never ever imagine Prince doing that!!!

I never ever bought any of his humanitarian and philanthropy!! Any idiot can write checks out, IMO!!


People with your mindset who came down to NOLA after Katrina - we ended up feeding them. Where do you think all that "stuff" comes from?

And your take on Prince's humanitarianism - well that's on you. Try losing everything and then live without philanthropists writing checks. Mud balls for supper anyone? Shake.My.Damn.Head. disbelief




[Edited 4/23/17 12:24pm]

Brand new boogie without the hero.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/22/17 9:22am

Pokeno4Money

avatar

FunkOnTheOne said:

By writing checks, what you are doing is essentially giving up the time that you spent aquring that money in the first place.


That's an excellent point.

"As a team, we have chosen to stand and interlock arms in unity. We honor those who have fought for the freedom we cherish. And we stand to ensure the riches and freedom and the security of justice for all people." --- Doug Baldwin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/29/17 9:03pm

TonyVanDam

Monarch said:

Although I'm not a Jehovah's witness nor do I claim to fully understand all of their theology, I haftowonder why Prince openly forwarded an Eastern mystical teaching. He could have gotten ex communicated from the organization over this. Prince did several things that could have gotten him in trouble with the church over the years. Possibly some of it was forgiven because he was new in the church at the time or letting things slide due to his celebrity. The 3rd eye stuff was after he had been in the church many years & I just can't see the organization letting this one slide. Does anyone know for sure where he was spiritually those last few years? I'm curious did he start to stray maybe. To this day I will never understand his conversion to JW. I had read it was his mom's dying wish, but I've seen other sources saying she wasn't JW. Prince was supposedly a "free thinker". Why didn't he independently research the watchtower society? Mayte's book is making it out that this was no long process between Prince & Larry Graham, this was just a few meetings & Prince was hooked. Was he technically still a JW those last few years?


MEMO: Prince always had knowledge about occult science AND occult symbolism.

You can go back to the For You-era and find a few pictures of Prince with an Ankh around his neck.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/29/17 9:07pm

TonyVanDam

It's fair to say that Prince was using occult science the right way [TRANSLATION: the light side of the occult] by learning to use and control his 3rd eye. cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/30/17 4:49pm

Asenath0607

I thought most articles indicated that he had studied with Larry Graham for years before he joined the JW faith. I myself always wondered how he reconciled the prophecy postulated by the JW that Jesus was to visibly return (and did) in 1914.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/01/17 4:14am

FunkOnTheOne

Asenath0607 said:

I thought most articles indicated that he had studied with Larry Graham for years before he joined the JW faith. I myself always wondered how he reconciled the prophecy postulated by the JW that Jesus was to visibly return (and did) in 1914.

I'm not a JW but was under the impression that they beleived he came back to reign in Heaven from 1914, not visibly appear. Of course, it was also predicted that the end of this world would end in the 1970's.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/01/17 3:59pm

214

FunkOnTheOne said:

Asenath0607 said:

I thought most articles indicated that he had studied with Larry Graham for years before he joined the JW faith. I myself always wondered how he reconciled the prophecy postulated by the JW that Jesus was to visibly return (and did) in 1914.

I'm not a JW but was under the impression that they beleived he came back to reign in Heaven from 1914, not visibly appear. Of course, it was also predicted that the end of this world would end in the 1970's.

That's true.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/02/17 11:38am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

TonyVanDam said:

Monarch said:

Although I'm not a Jehovah's witness nor do I claim to fully understand all of their theology, I haftowonder why Prince openly forwarded an Eastern mystical teaching. He could have gotten ex communicated from the organization over this. Prince did several things that could have gotten him in trouble with the church over the years. Possibly some of it was forgiven because he was new in the church at the time or letting things slide due to his celebrity. The 3rd eye stuff was after he had been in the church many years & I just can't see the organization letting this one slide. Does anyone know for sure where he was spiritually those last few years? I'm curious did he start to stray maybe. To this day I will never understand his conversion to JW. I had read it was his mom's dying wish, but I've seen other sources saying she wasn't JW. Prince was supposedly a "free thinker". Why didn't he independently research the watchtower society? Mayte's book is making it out that this was no long process between Prince & Larry Graham, this was just a few meetings & Prince was hooked. Was he technically still a JW those last few years?


MEMO: Prince always had knowledge about occult science AND occult symbolism.

You can go back to the For You-era and find a few pictures of Prince with an Ankh around his neck.

But does that translate 'occult'?
I don't think many people think 'occult' when they see/wear that or Egyptian pieces.
I think they are just wearing something connecting with a culture.

Some people wear the cross/star of David etc like an occult symbol

the Italian horn that many Italians wear might have more meaning beyond Italian identity. But I doubt most wearing it would know.

I wore some Egyptian pieces and I think I had the Ashanti fertility pieces, but I didn't know the full knowledge of what they might have represented.

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/02/17 7:04pm

TonyVanDam

OldFriends4Sale said:

TonyVanDam said:


MEMO: Prince always had knowledge about occult science AND occult symbolism.

You can go back to the For You-era and find a few pictures of Prince with an Ankh around his neck.

But does that translate 'occult'?
I don't think many people think 'occult' when they see/wear that or Egyptian pieces.
I think they are just wearing something connecting with a culture.

Some people wear the cross/star of David etc like an occult symbol

the Italian horn that many Italians wear might have more meaning beyond Italian identity. But I doubt most wearing it would know.

I wore some Egyptian pieces and I think I had the Ashanti fertility pieces, but I didn't know the full knowledge of what they might have represented.

Occult means "hidden". Occult symbols are symbols with "hidden meanings".

The hidden meaning of the Ankh is "life". wink

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/02/17 8:07pm

IanRG

TonyVanDam said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

But does that translate 'occult'?
I don't think many people think 'occult' when they see/wear that or Egyptian pieces.
I think they are just wearing something connecting with a culture.

Some people wear the cross/star of David etc like an occult symbol

the Italian horn that many Italians wear might have more meaning beyond Italian identity. But I doubt most wearing it would know.

I wore some Egyptian pieces and I think I had the Ashanti fertility pieces, but I didn't know the full knowledge of what they might have represented.

Occult means "hidden". Occult symbols are symbols with "hidden meanings".

The hidden meaning of the Ankh is "life". wink

Not merely hidden but:

1. of or relating to magic, astrology, or any system claiming use or knowledge of secret or supernatural powers or agencies.

2. beyond the range of ordinary knowledge or understanding; mysterious.
3. secret; disclosed or communicated only to the initiated.
4. hidden from view.

It is openly and commonly understood that the ankh is an Egyptian symbol of life - Not hidden and not a good reason to assume Prince was practicing "occult science".

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 05/07/17 11:57pm

yxl1

avatar

I'm sure the amount of cash he was leaving in the "Contribution Box" more than allowed him to do pretty much whatever he liked. If a run of the mill JW did a fraction of the stuff he did, they'd be out on their butts in no time.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Prince's JW faith & 3rd Eye teachings.