independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 19th Mar 2019 3:16am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > 15 Years on The Org
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/19/19 2:44am

thisbediscream

avatar

15 Years on The Org

I can't believe that in a couple of days, I will hit my 15 year Org birthday! This site has come a long way.

2004 was the year of Musicology.

Favorite Prince song at that time? For some reason, it was In This Bed Eye Scream (hence the screen name, I guess.)

What were you doing in 2004?

_________________________________________
"Dream, if U can, a courtyard... An ocean of violets in bloom... Animals strike curious poses... They feel the heat, the heat between me and U"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/19/19 6:07am

EmmaMcG

avatar

I was 14. Just started going out with the boy who would go on to introduce me to Prince's music.

Also, I don't mean to make anyone feel old, but 15 years is more than half my life. I have no point to make.... I just thought I'd mention that. biggrin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/19/19 10:27am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Then who the hell are u?

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/19/19 11:34am

poppys

hmmm, could be read as This Bed Is Cream. cool Happy fifteenth birthday! cake

[Edited 1/19/19 12:27pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/19/19 2:04pm

JoeyC

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

I was 14. Just started going out with the boy who would go on to introduce me to Prince's music. Also, I don't mean to make anyone feel old, but 15 years is more than half my life. I have no point to make.... I just thought I'd mention that. biggrin


Forever seize the day !! Lord knows i wish i could go back and be 20, 30, 40...shit, even 45, again. I turned 51 not too long ago and I'm like...damn. disbelief All the things i didn't do...



Anyway, congrats to thisbediscream. Fifteen years is a long time.

Rest in Peace Bettie Boo. See u soon.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/19/19 2:46pm

MoBettaBliss

2freaky4church1 said:

Then who the hell are u?



have you been living under a rock?... seriously... what is wrong with you freaky?

how can you not remember thisbediscream's wild org antics?

there was 2008... when he ran naked through the associated artists forum

2010... he tried to start a mutiny and have the mods overthrown

july 2012 ... he got drunk and posted pics of him and his aunt beryl mud wrestling

feb 2013... he snuck into ben's house and stole his passport.... then flew around the world telling people he was ben and sleeping on orger's sofas

the list goes on

just because someone doesn't spend their time bitchin' in the politics and religion forum, doesn't mean they don't exist freaky.... pay attention

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/19/19 2:47pm

MoBettaBliss

EmmaMcG said:

Also, I don't mean to make anyone feel old,



of course not lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/20/19 7:13am

Empress

MoBettaBliss said:



EmmaMcG said:


Also, I don't mean to make anyone feel old,



of course not lol


I think some of the younger generation think they have something up on us older folks when in fact it's quite the opposite. I'm 55 and am very grateful and proud to say it. I feel that I grew up in such a wonderful time before all the social media, internet crap took over the lives of so many young people. A time when we had jobs available to us everywhere we looked and could actually afford to buy a home. I feel so fortunate to have reached 55 when so many have not. Each year that I grow older, I feel even more fortunate to have made it this far. I'm hoping to make it well into my 80's and I will be proud and grateful for it every step of the way. No one is making me feel old, I'm loving it.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/20/19 7:30am

poppys

Empress said:


EmmaMcG said:

Also, I don't mean to make anyone feel old,

MoBettaBliss said:



of course not lol


I think some of the younger generation think they have something up on us older folks when in fact it's quite the opposite. I'm 55 and am very grateful and proud to say it. I feel that I grew up in such a wonderful time before all the social media, internet crap took over the lives of so many young people. A time when we had jobs available to us everywhere we looked and could actually afford to buy a home. I feel so fortunate to have reached 55 when so many have not. Each year that I grow older, I feel even more fortunate to have made it this far. I'm hoping to make it well into my 80's and I will be proud and grateful for it every step of the way. No one is making me feel old, I'm loving it.

highfive

Younger people get a lot of Prince stuff wrong because they don't have the age & times frame of reference. When they are older, with the memories of things and people from "their time" they will have the same experience.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/20/19 8:35am

littlemissG

avatar

Your membership level is member, and you've been a registered user for 13 years 6 months 9 days.

I can’t believe it either!
Congratulations!
No More Haters on the Internet.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/20/19 1:33pm

XxAxX

avatar

biggrin congratulations! rose rose rose

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/24/19 2:02pm

kpowers

avatar

MoBettaBliss said:

2freaky4church1 said:

Then who the hell are u?



have you been living under a rock?... seriously... what is wrong with you freaky?

how can you not remember thisbediscream's wild org antics?

there was 2008... when he ran naked through the associated artists forum

2010... he tried to start a mutiny and have the mods overthrown

july 2012 ... he got drunk and posted pics of him and his aunt beryl mud wrestling

feb 2013... he snuck into ben's house and stole his passport.... then flew around the world telling people he was ben and sleeping on orger's sofas

the list goes on

just because someone doesn't spend their time bitchin' in the politics and religion forum, doesn't mean they don't exist freaky.... pay attention

Where to start falloff

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/25/19 12:15pm

purplepolitici
an

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Then who the hell are u?

He waited 4 his anniversary 2 make this thread, of course hmph!. 11 years, 6 months, 17 days 4 me, btw smile mushy.

Listen to who? Let's get what?

Can't nobody... fuck wit us.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/25/19 12:16pm

purplepolitici
an

avatar

purplepolitician said:

2freaky4church1 said:

Then who the hell are u?

He waited 4 his anniversary 2 make this thread, of course hmph!. 11 years, 6 months, 17 days 4 me, btw smile mushy.

oh shit dancing jig doh!

Listen to who? Let's get what?

Can't nobody... fuck wit us.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/25/19 3:39pm

onlyforaminute

MoBettaBliss said:

2freaky4church1 said:

Then who the hell are u?



have you been living under a rock?... seriously... what is wrong with you freaky?

how can you not remember thisbediscream's wild org antics?

there was 2008... when he ran naked through the associated artists forum

2010... he tried to start a mutiny and have the mods overthrown

july 2012 ... he got drunk and posted pics of him and his aunt beryl mud wrestling

feb 2013... he snuck into ben's house and stole his passport.... then flew around the world telling people he was ben and sleeping on orger's sofas

the list goes on

just because someone doesn't spend their time bitchin' in the politics and religion forum, doesn't mean they don't exist freaky.... pay attention



There were times around here, I swear all this could have happened. lol Almost.

Year of Return 2019
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/27/19 10:06pm

benni

avatar

thisbediscream said:

I can't believe that in a couple of days, I will hit my 15 year Org birthday! This site has come a long way.

2004 was the year of Musicology.

Favorite Prince song at that time? For some reason, it was In This Bed Eye Scream (hence the screen name, I guess.)

What were you doing in 2004?


2004? For some reason, that doesn't feel like it's been that long ago, until I realize that it was 15 years. It just doesn't seem like it's been that long! I've been around the org, off and on, under various names since 1998. I first found the org then, purple and black days! But was mainly involved with The Holy River. Wow, that's been 21 years! eek

In 2004, I had my daughter and was going to grad school for social work. My daughter was born a few weeks after that semester started, I missed one week of class, and was finished out that semester. I took a year off from school to stay home with my daughter after that semester. (She'll be 15 on Feb. 12th). I attended the Musicology concert on 4/21/04. (I really hate that date.)

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/29/19 10:40am

PurpleJedi

avatar

party

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/29/19 12:42pm

endymion

avatar

benni said:



thisbediscream said:


I can't believe that in a couple of days, I will hit my 15 year Org birthday! This site has come a long way.


2004 was the year of Musicology.



Favorite Prince song at that time? For some reason, it was In This Bed Eye Scream (hence the screen name, I guess.)



What were you doing in 2004?




2004? For some reason, that doesn't feel like it's been that long ago, until I realize that it was 15 years. It just doesn't seem like it's been that long! I've been around the org, off and on, under various names since 1998. I first found the org then, purple and black days! But was mainly involved with The Holy River. Wow, that's been 21 years! eek

In 2004, I had my daughter and was going to grad school for social work. My daughter was born a few weeks after that semester started, I missed one week of class, and was finished out that semester. I took a year off from school to stay home with my daughter after that semester. (She'll be 15 on Feb. 12th). I attended the Musicology concert on 4/21/04. (I really hate that date.)




The Holy River...Seems like yesterday


wave
What you don't remember never happened
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > 15 Years on The Org