independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 15th Jan 2019 3:00pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Star Trek thread
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 01/08/19 7:40pm

kpowers

avatar

dsc-s1dvd-448x640.jpg

Ok watched the first 4 episodes. OK overall I do like it but I do have issues as well.

5454136ef94ba498_dsc_105_5.jpg

I like Michael Burnham

110387-0393b.jpg

HATE THE NEW LOOK OF THE KLINGONS (YES THOSE ARE KLINGONS)

netflix_captain_georgiou_command.0.jpg

Honestly I have a problem with Michelle Yeo acting. It also feels forced when she keeps calling Burnham number 1 all the time. I think she would have been better in a smaller role, maybe like an Admiral who pops up every once in awhile.

Star%2BTrek%2BDiscovery%2B%25233%2BContext%2Bis%2Bfor%2BKings%2Bscreencap%2BLandry.jpg

One of my biggest complaints is who is the main crew? I'm on episode 4 and I have no idea who the doctor is. Have to say every other series you know who is who? I thought comander Landry was a main cast member but she died (I liked her). Well if that is the writers trying to be cleaver by adding a little mystery well knock that shit off.

star-trek-saru-main-ca9f.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=644%2C351

I like Saru, he was the one of the few characters in which I knew he was going to be a main crew member. My only problem is the introducing new Aliens when they make a prequel.

star-trek-discovery-jason-isaacs-as-captain-lorca.jpg?itok=wpQuaBT6

I like the Captain Lorca. Still his introduction took awhile which I didn't care for.

star-trek-enterprise.jpg

From what I read the Discovery takes place 12 years before the original series. They mentioned they have not encounter Klingons in over a 100 years. If so that conflicts with enterprise. I have a feeling Discovery will disregard Enterprise time line as well.

uniform-design-1495111019.jpg

I like the set design (way better than the JJ "Let's blow up Vulcan" Abrams movie sets) however there's always a shiny light which I find very distracting

discovery-Airiam1.jpg

Who's this? What race? Once hate introducing new Alien races in prequels

star-trek-discovery-upfront2017-trailer-045.jpg

I hate communicating by hologram. Find it also distracting. It feels more Star Wars than Star Trek. They did that on DS9 as well and also didn't like it.

latest?cb=20080920012948&path-prefix=enPalpatine-hologram-700x300.jpg




[Edited 1/9/19 10:41am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 01/09/19 2:09pm

kpowers

avatar

50 Years ago this week

Image result for star trek let that be your last battlefield

Image result for star trek let that be your last battlefieldImage result for star trek let that be your last battlefieldRelated imageImage result for star trek let that be your last battlefield

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 01/09/19 2:16pm

kpowers

avatar

45 years ago this week

Image result for star trek the eye of the beholder

Image result for star trek the eye of the beholderRelated imageRelated imageImage result for star trek the eye of the beholder

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 01/09/19 2:21pm

kpowers

avatar

30 years ago this week

Image result for star trek loud as a whisper

Related imageRelated imageImage result for star trek loud as a whisperRelated image

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 01/09/19 2:25pm

kpowers

avatar

20 years ago this week

Image result for star trek prodigal daughter

Image result for star trek prodigal daughterRelated imageRelated image

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 01/09/19 2:31pm

kpowers

avatar

20 years ago this month

Image result for star trek voyager latent image

Image result for star trek voyager latent imageImage result for star trek voyager latent imageImage result for star trek voyager latent imageRelated image

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 01/09/19 2:35pm

kpowers

avatar

15 years ago this week

Image result for star trek chosen realm

Related imageRelated imageImage result for star trek chosen realmRelated image

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 01/09/19 2:43pm

kpowers

avatar

1 year ago this week

Image result for star trek despite yourself

Image result for star trek despite yourselfRelated imageImage result for star trek despite yourselfRelated image

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 01/09/19 7:17pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

kpowers said:

Ok watched the first 4 episodes.

Finally!! biggrin

OK overall I do like it but I do have issues as well.

Agreed.

I like Michael Burnham

Agreed.

HATE THE NEW LOOK OF THE KLINGONS (YES THOSE ARE KLINGONS)

Agreed. Unnecessary. Unwanted. Unsuccessful.

Honestly I have a problem with Michelle Yeo acting. It also feels forced when she keeps calling Burnham number 1 all the time. I think she would have been better in a smaller role, maybe like an Admiral who pops up every once in awhile.

I like her.

One of my biggest complaints is who is the main crew? I'm on episode 4 and I have no idea who the doctor is. Have to say every other series you know who is who? I thought comander Landry was a main cast member but she died (I liked her). Well if that is the writers trying to be cleaver by adding a little mystery well knock that shit off.

Give it time.

I like Saru, he was the one of the few characters in which I knew he was going to be a main crew member. My only problem is the introducing new Aliens when they make a prequel.

Agreed and agreed.

I like the Captain Lorca. Still his introduction took awhile which I didn't care for.

zipped

From what I read the Discovery takes place 12 years before the original series. They mentioned they have not encounter Klingons in over a 100 years. If so that conflicts with enterprise. I have a feeling Discovery will disregard Enterprise time line as well.

I like the set design (way better than the JJ "Let's blow up Vulcan" Abrams movie sets) however there's always a shiny light which I find very distracting

Who's this? What race? Once hate introducing new Alien races in prequels

I hate communicating by hologram. Find it also distracting. It feels more Star Wars than Star Trek. They did that on DS9 as well and also didn't like it.

Agreed. It's also tech they shouldn't have yet. I like continuity.

Looking forward to hearing your comments on the rest, and then having to wait again for season 2. wink


Don't listen to the newly leaked Louis C.K. bootleg if you're offended by stuff. ANY stuff.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 01/09/19 7:38pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

Lots of Star Trek news (and rumors) this week, too much to type it all here right now but there are new details on the Picard show, the animated show, and some are saying that JJ Trek 4 is dead and Bad Robot has until July to start filming or lose the contract for Trek.

Too sleepy for details, ask google... biggrin

Don't listen to the newly leaked Louis C.K. bootleg if you're offended by stuff. ANY stuff.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 01/09/19 9:51pm

kpowers

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

Lots of Star Trek news (and rumors) this week, too much to type it all here right now but there are new details on the Picard show, the animated show, and some are saying that JJ Trek 4 is dead and Bad Robot has until July to start filming or lose the contract for Trek.

Too sleepy for details, ask google... biggrin

I'm ok with that.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 01/10/19 5:31am

djThunderfunk

avatar

kpowers said:

djThunderfunk said:

Lots of Star Trek news (and rumors) this week, too much to type it all here right now but there are new details on the Picard show, the animated show, and some are saying that JJ Trek 4 is dead and Bad Robot has until July to start filming or lose the contract for Trek.

Too sleepy for details, ask google... biggrin

I'm ok with that.


Knew you would be, LOL! I liked Beyond enough to be down for one more, especially the time travel story they were talking about. I was kind of hoping it would end with fixing the timeline. I don't believe this hogwash that Nero's actions created an "alternate" timeline. That's not how it works in Star Trek. Changing the past ERASES the existing timeline. The City On The Edge Of Tomorrow, Yesterday's Enterprise and ever other time travel episode prove this.

Don't listen to the newly leaked Louis C.K. bootleg if you're offended by stuff. ANY stuff.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 01/10/19 10:30am

kpowers

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

kpowers said:

I'm ok with that.


Knew you would be, LOL! I liked Beyond enough to be down for one more, especially the time travel story they were talking about. I was kind of hoping it would end with fixing the timeline. I don't believe this hogwash that Nero's actions created an "alternate" timeline. That's not how it works in Star Trek. Changing the past ERASES the existing timeline. The City On The Edge Of Tomorrow, Yesterday's Enterprise and ever other time travel episode prove this.

Yes I liked Beyond too and also hope they would fix the time line as well

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 01/10/19 11:10am

onlyforaminute

djThunderfunk said:

kpowers said:

I'm ok with that.


Knew you would be, LOL! I liked Beyond enough to be down for one more, especially the time travel story they were talking about. I was kind of hoping it would end with fixing the timeline. I don't believe this hogwash that Nero's actions created an "alternate" timeline. That's not how it works in Star Trek. Changing the past ERASES the existing timeline. The City On The Edge Of Tomorrow, Yesterday's Enterprise and ever other time travel episode prove this.



I don't think that's how it works.

Time travel to the future of a timeline could create an alternate future, where the time traveler had never returned back to the past from the future. Such was the case, for example, when the USS Enterprise-C traveled from 2344to 2366 through a temporal rift. (TNG: "Yesterday's Enterprise"; DS9: "The Visitor"; ENT: "Shockwave", "Shockwave, Part II") This however did not always occur, such as in the case when Samuel Clemens visited the 24th century through a temporal distortion created by the Devidians.

Sometimes, the original version of the future would come to be regarded as an alternate timeline after changes to history were made. For example, Kes of 2376 in the original timeline damaged USS Voyager, murdered B'Elanna Torres, and vanished by traveling 5 years into the past. Her presence in the past altered the future, creating a new timeline where, at the time of Kes's return, Captain Janeway prevented harm from coming to her crew, and Kes returned to Ocampa instead of time traveling


"The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble.

- Somebody
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 01/10/19 11:34am

djThunderfunk

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

djThunderfunk said:


Knew you would be, LOL! I liked Beyond enough to be down for one more, especially the time travel story they were talking about. I was kind of hoping it would end with fixing the timeline. I don't believe this hogwash that Nero's actions created an "alternate" timeline. That's not how it works in Star Trek. Changing the past ERASES the existing timeline. The City On The Edge Of Tomorrow, Yesterday's Enterprise and ever other time travel episode prove this.



I don't think that's how it works.

Time travel to the future of a timeline could create an alternate future, where the time traveler had never returned back to the past from the future. Such was the case, for example, when the USS Enterprise-C traveled from 2344to 2366 through a temporal rift. (TNG: "Yesterday's Enterprise"; DS9: "The Visitor"; ENT: "Shockwave", "Shockwave, Part II") This however did not always occur, such as in the case when Samuel Clemens visited the 24th century through a temporal distortion created by the Devidians.

Sometimes, the original version of the future would come to be regarded as an alternate timeline after changes to history were made. For example, Kes of 2376 in the original timeline damaged USS Voyager, murdered B'Elanna Torres, and vanished by traveling 5 years into the past. Her presence in the past altered the future, creating a new timeline where, at the time of Kes's return, Captain Janeway prevented harm from coming to her crew, and Kes returned to Ocampa instead of time traveling



In TCOTEOF & Yesterday's Enterprise, when events in the past changed things, reality changed around those in the current timeline. In The City On..., Kirk & Spock were unaffected because of their proximity to the portal but their reality ceased to exist. In Yesterday's, we see reality change around the bridge crew.


Don't listen to the newly leaked Louis C.K. bootleg if you're offended by stuff. ANY stuff.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 01/10/19 1:19pm

kpowers

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

djThunderfunk said:


Knew you would be, LOL! I liked Beyond enough to be down for one more, especially the time travel story they were talking about. I was kind of hoping it would end with fixing the timeline. I don't believe this hogwash that Nero's actions created an "alternate" timeline. That's not how it works in Star Trek. Changing the past ERASES the existing timeline. The City On The Edge Of Tomorrow, Yesterday's Enterprise and ever other time travel episode prove this.



I don't think that's how it works.

Time travel to the future of a timeline could create an alternate future, where the time traveler had never returned back to the past from the future. Such was the case, for example, when the USS Enterprise-C traveled from 2344to 2366 through a temporal rift. (TNG: "Yesterday's Enterprise"; DS9: "The Visitor"; ENT: "Shockwave", "Shockwave, Part II") This however did not always occur, such as in the case when Samuel Clemens visited the 24th century through a temporal distortion created by the Devidians.

Sometimes, the original version of the future would come to be regarded as an alternate timeline after changes to history were made. For example, Kes of 2376 in the original timeline damaged USS Voyager, murdered B'Elanna Torres, and vanished by traveling 5 years into the past. Her presence in the past altered the future, creating a new timeline where, at the time of Kes's return, Captain Janeway prevented harm from coming to her crew, and Kes returned to Ocampa instead of time traveling


as long as it erases JJ Abrams movies I'm fine with that

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 01/10/19 5:33pm

onlyforaminute

djThunderfunk said:

onlyforaminute said:



I don't think that's how it works.

Time travel to the future of a timeline could create an alternate future, where the time traveler had never returned back to the past from the future. Such was the case, for example, when the USS Enterprise-C traveled from 2344to 2366 through a temporal rift. (TNG: "Yesterday's Enterprise"; DS9: "The Visitor"; ENT: "Shockwave", "Shockwave, Part II") This however did not always occur, such as in the case when Samuel Clemens visited the 24th century through a temporal distortion created by the Devidians.

Sometimes, the original version of the future would come to be regarded as an alternate timeline after changes to history were made. For example, Kes of 2376 in the original timeline damaged USS Voyager, murdered B'Elanna Torres, and vanished by traveling 5 years into the past. Her presence in the past altered the future, creating a new timeline where, at the time of Kes's return, Captain Janeway prevented harm from coming to her crew, and Kes returned to Ocampa instead of time traveling



In TCOTEOF & Yesterday's Enterprise, when events in the past changed things, reality changed around those in the current timeline. In The City On..., Kirk & Spock were unaffected because of their proximity to the portal but their reality ceased to exist. In Yesterday's, we see reality change around the bridge crew.




From what I remember from TNG and from what I've read it seems that there is a possibility for paralell timelines, not to complete erase it but alter it so that it split. They even had a Voyager in a separate timeline that was so close to the original they could communicate with each other if I remember correctly.

But when it's all said and done I'm sad not to see my McCoy again. bawl

[Edited 1/10/19 17:34pm]

"The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble.

- Somebody
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 01/11/19 5:42am

djThunderfunk

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

djThunderfunk said:


In TCOTEOF & Yesterday's Enterprise, when events in the past changed things, reality changed around those in the current timeline. In The City On..., Kirk & Spock were unaffected because of their proximity to the portal but their reality ceased to exist. In Yesterday's, we see reality change around the bridge crew.




From what I remember from TNG and from what I've read it seems that there is a possibility for paralell timelines, not to complete erase it but alter it so that it split. They even had a Voyager in a separate timeline that was so close to the original they could communicate with each other if I remember correctly.

But when it's all said and done I'm sad not to see my McCoy again. bawl

[Edited 1/10/19 17:34pm]


There are absolutely alternate realities/mirror universes in Star Trek, but, altering the past does not create them. Altering the past changes the main reality.

Don't listen to the newly leaked Louis C.K. bootleg if you're offended by stuff. ANY stuff.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 01/11/19 11:31am

kpowers

avatar

Trying to figure what effects happen when you go back in time

Image result for star trek i hate the time line gifRelated imageRelated imageImage result for star trek i hate the time line gif

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 01/11/19 12:06pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

lol Even thinking about time travel gave Janeway migraines.

Don't listen to the newly leaked Louis C.K. bootleg if you're offended by stuff. ANY stuff.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 01/11/19 12:10pm

kpowers

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

lol Even thinking about time travel gave Janeway migraines.

Yeah I remember her saying that, even Dr. Crusher

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 01/11/19 12:35pm

kpowers

avatar

Related image

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 01/12/19 1:38pm

kpowers

avatar

Well 2 former Star Trek Doctors guest starred on the last epiosode of the Orville

home-1.jpg?w=584Phlox.jpg?fit=1000%2C500&ssl=1

DwnsEshW0AAEv-5.jpg

[Edited 1/12/19 13:41pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 01/12/19 2:12pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

Picardo was on last season, too.

Don't listen to the newly leaked Louis C.K. bootleg if you're offended by stuff. ANY stuff.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 01/12/19 2:35pm

kpowers

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

Picardo was on last season, too.

Yup but the actress who plays his daughter has left the series. Might be his last appearance

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 01/12/19 4:04pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

He's on Space Command, too.



Don't listen to the newly leaked Louis C.K. bootleg if you're offended by stuff. ANY stuff.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 01/12/19 4:48pm

kpowers

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

He's on Space Command, too.



Never heard of it. A Youtube/Netflix/Internet series I guess

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 01/12/19 4:52pm

kpowers

avatar

On episode 5 now of Discovery. I guess I figured out the Doctor now. Not really digging him, may rank last of all the doctors for me.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 01/12/19 7:49pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

kpowers said:

djThunderfunk said:

He's on Space Command, too.



Never heard of it. A Youtube/Netflix/Internet series I guess


https://www.kickstarter.c...reator_nav

Don't listen to the newly leaked Louis C.K. bootleg if you're offended by stuff. ANY stuff.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 01/13/19 3:13am

kpowers

avatar

Wouldn't mind being on a 5-year mission with her

Image result for yaya han star trek

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Star Trek thread