independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 20th Nov 2018 7:26pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > The Venus Project (a future society without money)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/05/18 7:11am

domainator2010

The Venus Project (a future society without money)

I came across this, which looks Highly intriguing, and thought you guys should take a look as well. This person's ideas are somewhat similar to thoughts I've been having myself, to wit....what will our lives be like after the full extent of computers+robots+internet-ising have been unleashed on humanity? I'd appreciate all of yours' opinion on it:

https://www.thevenusproject.com/

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/05/18 8:57am

EmmaMcG

I'll be long dead before the full extent of "computers+robots+internet-using" is unleashed on humanity so as much as I'm interested in how yesterday's science fiction is today's science fact, it's kind of pointless for me to think of what the future holds when I'll never see it anyway.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/05/18 9:55am

Genesia

avatar

The idea that there will ever be a world without currency of some kind is a pipe dream. You think the robots won't want to be paid? Guess again.

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/05/18 10:01am

domainator2010

EmmaMcG said:

I'll be long dead before the full extent of "computers+robots+internet-using" is unleashed on humanity so as much as I'm interested in how yesterday's science fiction is today's science fact, it's kind of pointless for me to think of what the future holds when I'll never see it anyway.


The hell are you talking about - it's going on right now!! Check out a TV show called "BBC Click", it's really cool.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/05/18 10:05am

domainator2010

Genesia said:

The idea that there will ever be a world without currency of some kind is a pipe dream. You think the robots won't want to be paid? Guess again.

The first statement: Yes, that was initially my reaction as well - like, how do you measure *Work*? Through currency, right? If people can just *get* whatever they want without paying, then they'll just.....Do Nothing, rest of their lives......? That system can't work.....?

And the second: Yes, I DO think the robots won't want to be paid, barring the cost to actually *make* them, cause......WE are the ones MAKING the damn things, and they'll be programmed to do what WE want them to do, otherwise there won't be much point making them!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/05/18 10:43am

EmmaMcG

domainator2010 said:



EmmaMcG said:


I'll be long dead before the full extent of "computers+robots+internet-using" is unleashed on humanity so as much as I'm interested in how yesterday's science fiction is today's science fact, it's kind of pointless for me to think of what the future holds when I'll never see it anyway.


The hell are you talking about - it's going on right now!! Check out a TV show called "BBC Click", it's really cool.



I'm 28 now. I'd say, if I'm lucky, I'll have another 40 - 50 years left. Technology does move fast but, as I said, by the time (and this is a quote from you) "the FULL EXTENT of computers+robots+internet-using is unleashed on humanity", I will be long dead. Because it will take a lot more than 40 - 50 years for that to happen. That's what "the hell I'm talking about".
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/06/18 12:15am

domainator2010

Internet-ISING, not USING.

This is but a small sample of articles in the Indian press that have been coming out recently. This is in today's paper:

https://blogs.timesofindi...to-growth/

And these are some more:


https://economictimes.ind...012490.cms


https://economictimes.ind...657981.cms



And this is what's happening abroad:

https://economictimes.ind...288378.cms

...and this is what's happening in YOUR part of the world:

https://www.youtube.com/w...PvjucZPZLM


See? A lot less than "40 -50 years", isn't it? smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/06/18 1:27am

EmmaMcG

domainator2010 said:

Internet-ISING, not USING.

This is but a small sample of articles in the Indian press that have been coming out recently. This is in today's paper:



https://blogs.timesofindi...to-growth/

And these are some more:




https://economictimes.ind...012490.cms




https://economictimes.ind...657981.cms





And this is what's happening abroad:



https://economictimes.ind...288378.cms




...and this is what's happening in YOUR part of the world:



https://www.youtube.com/w...PvjucZPZLM


See? A lot less than "40 -50 years", isn't it? smile



My phone auto-corrected it to "using" because "internet-ising" is not a word. But I know what you meant.

These links don't show anything close to the "FULL EXTENT" of technology being "unleashed on humanity". It will take a lot longer than 40 - 50 years for that.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/06/18 2:19am

JorisE73

domainator2010 said:

I came across this, which looks Highly intriguing, and thought you guys should take a look as well. This person's ideas are somewhat similar to thoughts I've been having myself, to wit....what will our lives be like after the full extent of computers+robots+internet-ising have been unleashed on humanity? I'd appreciate all of yours' opinion on it:

https://www.thevenusproject.com/


Been following this since 'Zeitgeist' in 2007. Look into Jaque Fresco (sadly he died last year) for some great insight.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/06/18 7:39am

domainator2010

Emma: OK, how would you define "FULL EXTENT"? What more would you have the computers do?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/06/18 7:46am

domainator2010

JorisE73 said:


Been following this since 'Zeitgeist' in 2007. Look into Jaque Fresco (sadly he died last year) for some great insight.


Yeah, I've been watching the documentary. (it came with Elive, if you know what that is smile )

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/06/18 7:50am

EmmaMcG

domainator2010 said:

Emma: OK, how would you define "FULL EXTENT"? What more would you have the computers do?



Full extent: when they have reached a point where there is no room for improvement.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/07/18 12:37am

domainator2010

What does that mean, exactly? What would they be doing at that point?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > The Venus Project (a future society without money)