independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 17th Jan 2018 6:38am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Star Trek thread 3.0
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 01/08/18 4:34pm

kpowers

avatar

Didn't like what they did with Thomas Riker on DS9

Image result for thomas riker ds9Image result for thomas riker ds9

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 01/08/18 5:30pm

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

Didn't like what they did with Thomas Riker on DS9

Image result for thomas riker ds9Image result for thomas riker ds9



It's been a long time since I've seen the episode where the event happened, but I do remember the episode where they discovered he was duplicated. I think this is when cloning was talked about a lot in pop culture. I think Jonathan holds the record for someone who has starred in ST and directed several episodes, I see he's even directed at least one episode of DSC.

I see Nerys is behind him so I guessing his end came on a DS9 episode. I was watching First Contact and I see they had the Defiant commanded by Worf in that, and I think but I'm not sure they piped in Sisko's voice he was commanding another ship I'm assuming at the moment it was the Sao Paulo but have to go back and tie all this back together.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 01/08/18 6:07pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

kpowers said:

Didn't like what they did with Thomas Riker on DS9

Image result for thomas riker ds9Image result for thomas riker ds9



It's been a long time since I've seen the episode where the event happened, but I do remember the episode where they discovered he was duplicated. I think this is when cloning was talked about a lot in pop culture. I think Jonathan holds the record for someone who has starred in ST and directed several episodes, I see he's even directed at least one episode of DSC.

I see Nerys is behind him so I guessing his end came on a DS9 episode. I was watching First Contact and I see they had the Defiant commanded by Worf in that, and I think but I'm not sure they piped in Sisko's voice he was commanding another ship I'm assuming at the moment it was the Sao Paulo but have to go back and tie all this back together.

A distortion field surrounds a planet, giving one chance every eight years to visit the surface. Riker once had a mission there and their equipment was deserted in an effort to flee from the planet before the distortion returned. Having returned to the planet, he runs into another version of himself...marooned there eight years previous The Enterprise retrieves data left eight years ago by Federation scientists evacuating from Nirvala 4. Commander William T. Riker, who was one of them, is part of an away team using a rare window in the planet's distortion field to transport them there, hoping to retrieve the database. HOwever, they find the facilities in a bad state, and one survivor, which cannibalized it to survive. Genetically identical to Riker, this survivor was created by the 'old-fashioned' transporter when the safety double of his genetic pattern was reflected by the distortion field.Lieutenant Thomas Riker (yellow uniform)

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 01/08/18 6:11pm

kpowers

avatar

8.0/10
828

Defiant

Thomas Riker, impersonating Will Riker, steals the Defiant in order to fight with the Maquis. Sisko assists Gul Dukat on Cardassia Prime to prevent the ship from entering Cardassian territory. Thomas Riker ends up a prisoner of the Cardassians.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 01/08/18 7:14pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

kpowers said:

Phishanga said:

Man, this new show sucks so bad. mad neutral

Have not seen Discovery yet. So far haven't heard anything good.


My nitpicks aside, I like it.

This week's episode, a trip to the Mirror Universe directed by Jonathon Frakes, was pretty good.


[Edited 1/8/18 19:15pm]

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 01/08/18 7:17pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

kpowers said:

8.0/10
828

Defiant

Thomas Riker, impersonating Will Riker, steals the Defiant in order to fight with the Maquis. Sisko assists Gul Dukat on Cardassia Prime to prevent the ship from entering Cardassian territory. Thomas Riker ends up a prisoner of the Cardassians.


Have to disagree with you there. I liked Defiant.

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 01/08/18 7:22pm

kpowers

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

kpowers said:

8.0/10
828

Defiant

Thomas Riker, impersonating Will Riker, steals the Defiant in order to fight with the Maquis. Sisko assists Gul Dukat on Cardassia Prime to prevent the ship from entering Cardassian territory. Thomas Riker ends up a prisoner of the Cardassians.


Have to disagree with you there. I liked Defiant.

Don't like it because they never said what happen to Thomas Riker. Was he ever set free??????

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 01/09/18 11:35am

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

djThunderfunk said:


Have to disagree with you there. I liked Defiant.

Don't like it because they never said what happen to Thomas Riker. Was he ever set free??????



One of many storylines left dangling. The war with the Dominion took up all their time. But we can probably guess if he didn't escape, then he died, the Cardassian empire was in very bad shape at the end of DS9, doubt they had the resources to maintain those type of prisons. Then again maybe the Cardassians released him and maybe he joined Section 31.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 01/09/18 11:49am

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

kpowers said:

Don't like it because they never said what happen to Thomas Riker. Was he ever set free??????



One of many storylines left dangling. The war with the Dominion took up all their time. But we can probably guess if he didn't escape, then he died, the Cardassian empire was in very bad shape at the end of DS9, doubt they had the resources to maintain those type of prisons. Then again maybe the Cardassians released him and maybe he joined Section 31.

And we don't know if Sisko ever returned from the prophets.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 01/09/18 12:02pm

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

morningsong said:



One of many storylines left dangling. The war with the Dominion took up all their time. But we can probably guess if he didn't escape, then he died, the Cardassian empire was in very bad shape at the end of DS9, doubt they had the resources to maintain those type of prisons. Then again maybe the Cardassians released him and maybe he joined Section 31.

And we don't know if Sisko ever returned from the prophets.



I guess not.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 01/09/18 10:04pm

kpowers

avatar

Related image

Anybody else wish saavik was in the last 2 Star Trek movies?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 01/10/18 1:25am

kpowers

avatar

Ok mention Data reminds me of Michael Myers, but in episode "Phantasms" he really does

Related imageImage result for halloween michael myers stabbing gif

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 01/10/18 6:21pm

kpowers

avatar

Image result for kirsten dunst star trek

Episode: Dark Page

On season 7, do not remember this episode at all. The alien race young Kirsten Dunst plays were gross looking with their brains exposed. Have to say it looks really cheap, like it would have fallen off Kirsten head.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 01/11/18 10:21am

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

Image result for kirsten dunst star trek

Episode: Dark Page

On season 7, do not remember this episode at all. The alien race young Kirsten Dunst plays were gross looking with their brains exposed. Have to say it looks really cheap, like it would have fallen off Kirsten head.



That's the race that doesn't normally communicate through speech, they have advanced telepathy.
That's the episode where the little girl reminded Lwaxana about the suppressed memory of the death of her first daughter.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 01/11/18 4:42pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

kpowers said:

Image result for kirsten dunst star trek

Episode: Dark Page

On season 7, do not remember this episode at all. The alien race young Kirsten Dunst plays were gross looking with their brains exposed. Have to say it looks really cheap, like it would have fallen off Kirsten head.



That's the race that doesn't normally communicate through speech, they have advanced telepathy.
That's the episode where the little girl reminded Lwaxana about the suppressed memory of the death of her first daughter.

Yes as the episode went on I remember about Lwaxana daughter had died, felt very sorry for her. Haven't seen this episode since it aired.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 01/11/18 4:54pm

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

morningsong said:



That's the race that doesn't normally communicate through speech, they have advanced telepathy.
That's the episode where the little girl reminded Lwaxana about the suppressed memory of the death of her first daughter.

Yes as the episode went on I remember about Lwaxana daughter had died, felt very sorry for her. Haven't seen this episode since it aired.



I hardly saw anything when it actually aired, everything for me is after the fact. Now I've seen many episodes a few times, but I think I'm still missing 1 or 2 here and there, depending on distractions and what not.

It might be time to pull out my StarGate stuff again for another viewing.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 01/11/18 5:13pm

morningsong

avatar





Star Trek: Discovery
costume designer Gersha Phillips was recognized for her work creating the new wardrobe for the freshman Trek series.

Nominated by the Costume Designers Guild in the category of Excellence in Sci-Fi/Fantasy Television, Phillips is going up in competition against Game of Thrones (HBO), Once Upon a Time (ABC), Sleepy Hollow (FOX), and coincidentally, the “USS Calister” episode of Black Mirror (Netflix).




In addition, IDW Publishing comic series Star Trek: The Next Generation — Mirror Broken picked up two nominations from the 2017 Diamond Gem Awards, which are selected by comic book specialty retailers and celebrated within the comic book industry as an important award honoring sales success.

Written by Scott and David Tipton with art by J.K. Woodward, the debut issue released in May was nominated for “2017 Best Free Comic Book Day Book,” and Mirror Broken #1 has been nominated as “2017 Comic Book of the Year” for issues priced under $3.99.



here’s a new video detailing the behind-the-scenes process into developing this new iteration of Terran Empire garb.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 01/11/18 5:19pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:





Star Trek: Discovery
costume designer Gersha Phillips was recognized for her work creating the new wardrobe for the freshman Trek series.

Nominated by the Costume Designers Guild in the category of Excellence in Sci-Fi/Fantasy Television, Phillips is going up in competition against Game of Thrones (HBO), Once Upon a Time (ABC), Sleepy Hollow (FOX), and coincidentally, the “USS Calister” episode of Black Mirror (Netflix).




In addition, IDW Publishing comic series Star Trek: The Next Generation — Mirror Broken picked up two nominations from the 2017 Diamond Gem Awards, which are selected by comic book specialty retailers and celebrated within the comic book industry as an important award honoring sales success.

Written by Scott and David Tipton with art by J.K. Woodward, the debut issue released in May was nominated for “2017 Best Free Comic Book Day Book,” and Mirror Broken #1 has been nominated as “2017 Comic Book of the Year” for issues priced under $3.99.



here’s a new video detailing the behind-the-scenes process into developing this new iteration of Terran Empire garb.

Next Generation is the only series that never dealt with the evil universe

Image result for star trek mirror universeRelated imageImage result for star trek voyager mirror universeImage result for star trek enterprise mirror universe

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 01/11/18 5:25pm

morningsong

avatar

I guess not. It would be hard, given that DS9 changed the power structure of that universe.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 01/11/18 5:35pm

kpowers

avatar

I think they could have written a good story for TNG

Image result for star trek enterprise mirror universeImage result for star trek enterprise mirror universeRelated imageRelated imageImage result for star trek voyager mirror universe episodeImage result for star trek voyager mirror universe episodeImage result for star trek ds9 mirror universe episodesImage result for star trek ds9 mirror universe episodesImage result for star trek continues mirror universe episodesImage result for star trek continues mirror universe episodes

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 01/11/18 5:47pm

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

I think they could have written a good story for TNG

Image result for star trek enterprise mirror universeImage result for star trek enterprise mirror universeRelated imageRelated imageImage result for star trek voyager mirror universe episodeImage result for star trek voyager mirror universe episodeImage result for star trek ds9 mirror universe episodesImage result for star trek ds9 mirror universe episodesImage result for star trek continues mirror universe episodesImage result for star trek continues mirror universe episodes



I don't know. I just remember that in DS9, the terrians were no longer a dominate race in the mirror universe, because of Spock, so I figure by the time of TNG crew terrians would have been slaves.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 01/11/18 5:59pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

kpowers said:

I think they could have written a good story for TNG

Image result for star trek enterprise mirror universeImage result for star trek enterprise mirror universeRelated imageRelated imageImage result for star trek voyager mirror universe episodeImage result for star trek voyager mirror universe episodeImage result for star trek ds9 mirror universe episodesImage result for star trek ds9 mirror universe episodesImage result for star trek continues mirror universe episodesImage result for star trek continues mirror universe episodes



I don't know. I just remember that in DS9, the terrians were no longer a dominate race in the mirror universe, because of Spock, so I figure by the time of TNG crew terrians would have been slaves.

I said good story, regardless of their situation. Maybe it would be like Star Wars where the Federation is like the rebels, heavily out gun and numbered. Wonder what evil Data would be like?

Related image

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 01/11/18 6:00pm

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

morningsong said:



I don't know. I just remember that in DS9, the terrians were no longer a dominate race in the mirror universe, because of Spock, so I figure by the time of TNG crew terrians would have been slaves.

I said good story, regardless of their situation. Maybe it would be like Star Wars where the Federation is like the rebels, heavily out gun and numbered. Wonder what evil Data would be like?

giphy.gif



Maybe. Obviously somebody figured out something for there to be a comic book. shrug

[Edited 1/11/18 18:01pm]

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 01/11/18 6:44pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

kpowers said:

I said good story, regardless of their situation. Maybe it would be like Star Wars where the Federation is like the rebels, heavily out gun and numbered. Wonder what evil Data would be like?

giphy.gif



Maybe. Obviously somebody figured out something for there to be a comic book. shrug

[Edited 1/11/18 18:01pm]

They look interesting

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 01/11/18 7:03pm

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

morningsong said:



Maybe. Obviously somebody figured out something for there to be a comic book. shrug

[Edited 1/11/18 18:01pm]

They look interesting




Data's actually being helpful here.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 01/11/18 7:34pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

kpowers said:

They look interesting




Data's actually being helpful here.

Looks like Data beat up a borg and took some of their parts lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 01/11/18 9:07pm

morningsong

avatar

kpowers said:

morningsong said:




Data's actually being helpful here.

Looks like Data beat up a borg and took some of their parts lol



He has a whole heck of more muscle mass too. *breaks in to Diane's "Muscles"*

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 01/12/18 10:37pm

kpowers

avatar

morningsong said:

kpowers said:

Looks like Data beat up a borg and took some of their parts lol



He has a whole heck of more muscle mass too. *breaks in to Diane's "Muscles"*

How does Data get muscle tone??? hmmm

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 01/15/18 5:37pm

Mach

avatar

~ Same as it ever was ...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 01/15/18 6:21pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

This week's episode of Discovery, still in the Mirror Universe... Loved it!

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Star Trek thread 3.0