independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 20th Nov 2017 7:26am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Rate The Last TV Series You Watched
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/01/17 10:11am

sexton

avatar

Rate The Last TV Series You Watched


300

The Deuce - Season 1

The writing, acting and art direction are all outstanding. The complexity, subtelty and overall richness reminded me a lot of Mad Men. 5/5

[Edited 11/1/17 21:19pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/01/17 10:17am

morningsong

avatar

Related image
The Collection

3/5 but I've only started watching it. It is very visually pleasing.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/01/17 1:34pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

Sons of Anarchy.

Started off good - some dudes sold some guns to some other dudes, and left a third set of dudes to collect the money, but the third set of dudes got blown away by the gun purchasers. Who didn't see that coming? That's what guns are for!

But then it got boring, as the story devolved into some kind of custody issue between the President of the United States of Amer...I mean, the President of the Sons of Anarchy (I knew he was the president because there was a patch on his vest that said "President"), and some woman who I assume was his wife/baby momma. She was going to testify against the President for some reason or other.

Meanwhile, Jimmy Smits showed up. He is a member of the group of dudes who blew away the third set of dudes above, although Smits himself did no shooting. In fact, Smits was against the shooting because he is in love with Peggy Bundy, who is the mother of the President. Since these two factions are at war with one another, we have a real Romeo and Juliet situation brewing.

After a lot of hemming and hawing, Peggy Bundy got drunk and killed the President/her son's woman. But unbeknownst to Peggy Bundy, her son and the woman had agreed on a deal with the feds whereby the President turned himself in for some heinous crime, which would send him to prison and therefore keep his kids from growing up like him. When Peggy Bundy found that out, she became bummed out. Then, about five different people showed up, including a cop who was shot to death by a Sons of Anarchy guy who, if I heard right, was actually a turncoat or something.

What I never get about these kinds of shows is that all the bad guys live like cockroaches. You would think that screwing dudes out of guns, killing them and keeping all the money for yourself, would at least allow you to move out of your mobile home and into a nice ranch-style McMansion. But no.

Despite some much-needed gratuitous killing, I give Sons of Anarchy a rating of 2 worn-out leather vests out of a possible 5 worn-out leather vests. I think I'll pass on this one.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/01/17 4:42pm

logger

Stranger Things Season 2 6.5 / 10

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/01/17 7:03pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

I finally binge-watched the last four episodes of The Sinner. Great slow build up of suspense and character revelation in the first seven; the actors were all terrific in my opinion and the flashbacks were handled well with the in-the-moment scenes. The big climax at the end of episode six was let down by episode seven, which felt rushed and was a real anti-climax for the whole series IMO. Despite that, I really enjoyed this mini-series and feel that it is worth watching. Four stars out of five.

Related image

Find strength in that which remains...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/01/17 7:10pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

Sons of Anarchy.

Started off good - some dudes sold some guns to some other dudes, and left a third set of dudes to collect the money, but the third set of dudes got blown away by the gun purchasers. Who didn't see that coming? That's what guns are for!

But then it got boring, as the story devolved into some kind of custody issue between the President of the United States of Amer...I mean, the President of the Sons of Anarchy (I knew he was the president because there was a patch on his vest that said "President"), and some woman who I assume was his wife/baby momma. She was going to testify against the President for some reason or other.

Meanwhile, Jimmy Smits showed up. He is a member of the group of dudes who blew away the third set of dudes above, although Smits himself did no shooting. In fact, Smits was against the shooting because he is in love with Peggy Bundy, who is the mother of the President. Since these two factions are at war with one another, we have a real Romeo and Juliet situation brewing.

After a lot of hemming and hawing, Peggy Bundy got drunk and killed the President/her son's woman. But unbeknownst to Peggy Bundy, her son and the woman had agreed on a deal with the feds whereby the President turned himself in for some heinous crime, which would send him to prison and therefore keep his kids from growing up like him. When Peggy Bundy found that out, she became bummed out. Then, about five different people showed up, including a cop who was shot to death by a Sons of Anarchy guy who, if I heard right, was actually a turncoat or something.

What I never get about these kinds of shows is that all the bad guys live like cockroaches. You would think that screwing dudes out of guns, killing them and keeping all the money for yourself, would at least allow you to move out of your mobile home and into a nice ranch-style McMansion. But no.

Despite some much-needed gratuitous killing, I give Sons of Anarchy a rating of 2 worn-out leather vests out of a possible 5 worn-out leather vests. I think I'll pass on this one.

Man, I really wanted to like this show. I watched a few episodes and just couldn't connect to it. It sure ain't The Sopranos...

Find strength in that which remains...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/01/17 9:07pm

sexton

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

Sons of Anarchy.

Started off good - some dudes sold some guns to some other dudes, and left a third set of dudes to collect the money, but the third set of dudes got blown away by the gun purchasers. Who didn't see that coming? That's what guns are for!

But then it got boring, as the story devolved into some kind of custody issue between the President of the United States of Amer...I mean, the President of the Sons of Anarchy (I knew he was the president because there was a patch on his vest that said "President"), and some woman who I assume was his wife/baby momma. She was going to testify against the President for some reason or other.

Meanwhile, Jimmy Smits showed up. He is a member of the group of dudes who blew away the third set of dudes above, although Smits himself did no shooting. In fact, Smits was against the shooting because he is in love with Peggy Bundy, who is the mother of the President. Since these two factions are at war with one another, we have a real Romeo and Juliet situation brewing.

After a lot of hemming and hawing, Peggy Bundy got drunk and killed the President/her son's woman. But unbeknownst to Peggy Bundy, her son and the woman had agreed on a deal with the feds whereby the President turned himself in for some heinous crime, which would send him to prison and therefore keep his kids from growing up like him. When Peggy Bundy found that out, she became bummed out. Then, about five different people showed up, including a cop who was shot to death by a Sons of Anarchy guy who, if I heard right, was actually a turncoat or something.

What I never get about these kinds of shows is that all the bad guys live like cockroaches. You would think that screwing dudes out of guns, killing them and keeping all the money for yourself, would at least allow you to move out of your mobile home and into a nice ranch-style McMansion. But no.

Despite some much-needed gratuitous killing, I give Sons of Anarchy a rating of 2 worn-out leather vests out of a possible 5 worn-out leather vests. I think I'll pass on this one.


It's too late to pass on it, it sounds like you already watched the whole thing. lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/01/17 10:57pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

Stranger Things 2 (2017) It was better than the first season, and alot darker boxed omg 4.5 out of 5 popcorn #JusticeForMews


Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/02/17 8:01am

RodeoSchro

avatar

sexton said:

RodeoSchro said:

Sons of Anarchy.

Started off good - some dudes sold some guns to some other dudes, and left a third set of dudes to collect the money, but the third set of dudes got blown away by the gun purchasers. Who didn't see that coming? That's what guns are for!

But then it got boring, as the story devolved into some kind of custody issue between the President of the United States of Amer...I mean, the President of the Sons of Anarchy (I knew he was the president because there was a patch on his vest that said "President"), and some woman who I assume was his wife/baby momma. She was going to testify against the President for some reason or other.

Meanwhile, Jimmy Smits showed up. He is a member of the group of dudes who blew away the third set of dudes above, although Smits himself did no shooting. In fact, Smits was against the shooting because he is in love with Peggy Bundy, who is the mother of the President. Since these two factions are at war with one another, we have a real Romeo and Juliet situation brewing.

After a lot of hemming and hawing, Peggy Bundy got drunk and killed the President/her son's woman. But unbeknownst to Peggy Bundy, her son and the woman had agreed on a deal with the feds whereby the President turned himself in for some heinous crime, which would send him to prison and therefore keep his kids from growing up like him. When Peggy Bundy found that out, she became bummed out. Then, about five different people showed up, including a cop who was shot to death by a Sons of Anarchy guy who, if I heard right, was actually a turncoat or something.

What I never get about these kinds of shows is that all the bad guys live like cockroaches. You would think that screwing dudes out of guns, killing them and keeping all the money for yourself, would at least allow you to move out of your mobile home and into a nice ranch-style McMansion. But no.

Despite some much-needed gratuitous killing, I give Sons of Anarchy a rating of 2 worn-out leather vests out of a possible 5 worn-out leather vests. I think I'll pass on this one.


It's too late to pass on it, it sounds like you already watched the whole thing. lol



smile That was just one episode!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/02/17 9:37am

CynicKill

Right now I'm watching...

Image result for mr robot

-

It's an A+

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/02/17 9:48am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Goddess4Real said:

Stranger Things 2 (2017) It was better than the first season, and alot darker boxed omg 4.5 out of 5 popcorn #JusticeForMews


I want to adopt this cat. smile

Find strength in that which remains...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/02/17 1:08pm

morningsong

avatar

Been binging Offspring
Offspring Logo.jpg

Its Austrailian. On it's 7th season. comedy-drama, centered around an obstetrician, her family and friends. Kind of favors Greys Anatomy in feel but with a much smaller budget and less over the top drama, though it does have some.


“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/02/17 1:21pm

Phishanga

avatar

CynicKill said:

Right now I'm watching...

Image result for mr robot

-

It's an A+

Me too, just watched ep4 of the third season. It has a very unique and fascinating style, I think.

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 11/02/17 3:57pm

XxAxX

avatar

route 66 circa 1960.

interesting, enjoyable, but noticeably from a completely different era. there are manly fisticuffs in nearly every episode, and the women are dames and broads. good watch! four stars


 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 11/07/17 9:03am

peedub

avatar

sexton said:


300

The Deuce - Season 1

The writing, acting and art direction are all outstanding. The complexity, subtelty and overall richness reminded me a lot of Mad Men. 5/5

[Edited 11/1/17 21:19pm]


i'm only 3 episodes in, but yeah, this is great...i'm a huge fan of george pelecanos and david simon (except 'john from cincinnati'; i couldn't get into that) individually; and they do great work together. this might be the best acting i've seen from james franco, too. i was prepared to be intensely annoyed by him, but he's really bringing it for this. refreshing.



MV5BMzNkZmNmZjMtZWI5OC00MzdiLTgxMjAtZWY2ZTIwMWM2Yzc2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjM5NDQzNTk@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg


10/10...excellent. great cast. good pacing. a visual masterpiece. this is what creators of episodic television should aspire to.

[Edited 11/7/17 9:03am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 11/19/17 10:23am

sexton

avatar



Inhumans - Season 1

Easily the worst thing I've seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Network TV may have been the wrong format to do these characters justice. It needed a much bigger budget, better actors and a better script. The cinematography was decent, but almost everything else was a big fail. 1.5/5

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 11/19/17 11:09am

Phishanga

avatar

That latest episode of Mr. Robot... a massive 10/10! eek

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 11/20/17 5:27am

CynicKill

Phishanga said:

That latest episode of Mr. Robot... a massive 10/10! eek

-

The Emmy love will be palpable next year!

Still no one's watching though.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Rate The Last TV Series You Watched