independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 15th Jul 2018 11:54am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Rate The Last TV Series You Watched
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/01/17 10:11am

sexton

avatar

Rate The Last TV Series You Watched


300

The Deuce - Season 1

The writing, acting and art direction are all outstanding. The complexity, subtelty and overall richness reminded me a lot of Mad Men. 5/5

[Edited 11/1/17 21:19pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/01/17 10:17am

morningsong

Related image
The Collection

3/5 but I've only started watching it. It is very visually pleasing.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/01/17 1:34pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

Sons of Anarchy.

Started off good - some dudes sold some guns to some other dudes, and left a third set of dudes to collect the money, but the third set of dudes got blown away by the gun purchasers. Who didn't see that coming? That's what guns are for!

But then it got boring, as the story devolved into some kind of custody issue between the President of the United States of Amer...I mean, the President of the Sons of Anarchy (I knew he was the president because there was a patch on his vest that said "President"), and some woman who I assume was his wife/baby momma. She was going to testify against the President for some reason or other.

Meanwhile, Jimmy Smits showed up. He is a member of the group of dudes who blew away the third set of dudes above, although Smits himself did no shooting. In fact, Smits was against the shooting because he is in love with Peggy Bundy, who is the mother of the President. Since these two factions are at war with one another, we have a real Romeo and Juliet situation brewing.

After a lot of hemming and hawing, Peggy Bundy got drunk and killed the President/her son's woman. But unbeknownst to Peggy Bundy, her son and the woman had agreed on a deal with the feds whereby the President turned himself in for some heinous crime, which would send him to prison and therefore keep his kids from growing up like him. When Peggy Bundy found that out, she became bummed out. Then, about five different people showed up, including a cop who was shot to death by a Sons of Anarchy guy who, if I heard right, was actually a turncoat or something.

What I never get about these kinds of shows is that all the bad guys live like cockroaches. You would think that screwing dudes out of guns, killing them and keeping all the money for yourself, would at least allow you to move out of your mobile home and into a nice ranch-style McMansion. But no.

Despite some much-needed gratuitous killing, I give Sons of Anarchy a rating of 2 worn-out leather vests out of a possible 5 worn-out leather vests. I think I'll pass on this one.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/01/17 4:42pm

logger

Stranger Things Season 2 6.5 / 10

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/01/17 7:03pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

I finally binge-watched the last four episodes of The Sinner. Great slow build up of suspense and character revelation in the first seven; the actors were all terrific in my opinion and the flashbacks were handled well with the in-the-moment scenes. The big climax at the end of episode six was let down by episode seven, which felt rushed and was a real anti-climax for the whole series IMO. Despite that, I really enjoyed this mini-series and feel that it is worth watching. Four stars out of five.

Related image

The world is done...
But you don't have to be.
Darkness gathers around the light...
Hold on, hold on...
There is a Light--don't let it go out!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/01/17 7:10pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

Sons of Anarchy.

Started off good - some dudes sold some guns to some other dudes, and left a third set of dudes to collect the money, but the third set of dudes got blown away by the gun purchasers. Who didn't see that coming? That's what guns are for!

But then it got boring, as the story devolved into some kind of custody issue between the President of the United States of Amer...I mean, the President of the Sons of Anarchy (I knew he was the president because there was a patch on his vest that said "President"), and some woman who I assume was his wife/baby momma. She was going to testify against the President for some reason or other.

Meanwhile, Jimmy Smits showed up. He is a member of the group of dudes who blew away the third set of dudes above, although Smits himself did no shooting. In fact, Smits was against the shooting because he is in love with Peggy Bundy, who is the mother of the President. Since these two factions are at war with one another, we have a real Romeo and Juliet situation brewing.

After a lot of hemming and hawing, Peggy Bundy got drunk and killed the President/her son's woman. But unbeknownst to Peggy Bundy, her son and the woman had agreed on a deal with the feds whereby the President turned himself in for some heinous crime, which would send him to prison and therefore keep his kids from growing up like him. When Peggy Bundy found that out, she became bummed out. Then, about five different people showed up, including a cop who was shot to death by a Sons of Anarchy guy who, if I heard right, was actually a turncoat or something.

What I never get about these kinds of shows is that all the bad guys live like cockroaches. You would think that screwing dudes out of guns, killing them and keeping all the money for yourself, would at least allow you to move out of your mobile home and into a nice ranch-style McMansion. But no.

Despite some much-needed gratuitous killing, I give Sons of Anarchy a rating of 2 worn-out leather vests out of a possible 5 worn-out leather vests. I think I'll pass on this one.

Man, I really wanted to like this show. I watched a few episodes and just couldn't connect to it. It sure ain't The Sopranos...

The world is done...
But you don't have to be.
Darkness gathers around the light...
Hold on, hold on...
There is a Light--don't let it go out!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/01/17 9:07pm

sexton

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

Sons of Anarchy.

Started off good - some dudes sold some guns to some other dudes, and left a third set of dudes to collect the money, but the third set of dudes got blown away by the gun purchasers. Who didn't see that coming? That's what guns are for!

But then it got boring, as the story devolved into some kind of custody issue between the President of the United States of Amer...I mean, the President of the Sons of Anarchy (I knew he was the president because there was a patch on his vest that said "President"), and some woman who I assume was his wife/baby momma. She was going to testify against the President for some reason or other.

Meanwhile, Jimmy Smits showed up. He is a member of the group of dudes who blew away the third set of dudes above, although Smits himself did no shooting. In fact, Smits was against the shooting because he is in love with Peggy Bundy, who is the mother of the President. Since these two factions are at war with one another, we have a real Romeo and Juliet situation brewing.

After a lot of hemming and hawing, Peggy Bundy got drunk and killed the President/her son's woman. But unbeknownst to Peggy Bundy, her son and the woman had agreed on a deal with the feds whereby the President turned himself in for some heinous crime, which would send him to prison and therefore keep his kids from growing up like him. When Peggy Bundy found that out, she became bummed out. Then, about five different people showed up, including a cop who was shot to death by a Sons of Anarchy guy who, if I heard right, was actually a turncoat or something.

What I never get about these kinds of shows is that all the bad guys live like cockroaches. You would think that screwing dudes out of guns, killing them and keeping all the money for yourself, would at least allow you to move out of your mobile home and into a nice ranch-style McMansion. But no.

Despite some much-needed gratuitous killing, I give Sons of Anarchy a rating of 2 worn-out leather vests out of a possible 5 worn-out leather vests. I think I'll pass on this one.


It's too late to pass on it, it sounds like you already watched the whole thing. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/01/17 10:57pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

Stranger Things 2 (2017) It was better than the first season, and alot darker boxed omg 4.5 out of 5 popcorn #JusticeForMews


Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/02/17 8:01am

RodeoSchro

avatar

sexton said:

RodeoSchro said:

Sons of Anarchy.

Started off good - some dudes sold some guns to some other dudes, and left a third set of dudes to collect the money, but the third set of dudes got blown away by the gun purchasers. Who didn't see that coming? That's what guns are for!

But then it got boring, as the story devolved into some kind of custody issue between the President of the United States of Amer...I mean, the President of the Sons of Anarchy (I knew he was the president because there was a patch on his vest that said "President"), and some woman who I assume was his wife/baby momma. She was going to testify against the President for some reason or other.

Meanwhile, Jimmy Smits showed up. He is a member of the group of dudes who blew away the third set of dudes above, although Smits himself did no shooting. In fact, Smits was against the shooting because he is in love with Peggy Bundy, who is the mother of the President. Since these two factions are at war with one another, we have a real Romeo and Juliet situation brewing.

After a lot of hemming and hawing, Peggy Bundy got drunk and killed the President/her son's woman. But unbeknownst to Peggy Bundy, her son and the woman had agreed on a deal with the feds whereby the President turned himself in for some heinous crime, which would send him to prison and therefore keep his kids from growing up like him. When Peggy Bundy found that out, she became bummed out. Then, about five different people showed up, including a cop who was shot to death by a Sons of Anarchy guy who, if I heard right, was actually a turncoat or something.

What I never get about these kinds of shows is that all the bad guys live like cockroaches. You would think that screwing dudes out of guns, killing them and keeping all the money for yourself, would at least allow you to move out of your mobile home and into a nice ranch-style McMansion. But no.

Despite some much-needed gratuitous killing, I give Sons of Anarchy a rating of 2 worn-out leather vests out of a possible 5 worn-out leather vests. I think I'll pass on this one.


It's too late to pass on it, it sounds like you already watched the whole thing. lol



smile That was just one episode!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/02/17 9:37am

CynicKill

Right now I'm watching...

Image result for mr robot

-

It's an A+

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/02/17 9:48am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Goddess4Real said:

Stranger Things 2 (2017) It was better than the first season, and alot darker boxed omg 4.5 out of 5 popcorn #JusticeForMews


I want to adopt this cat. smile

The world is done...
But you don't have to be.
Darkness gathers around the light...
Hold on, hold on...
There is a Light--don't let it go out!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/02/17 1:08pm

morningsong

Been binging Offspring
Offspring Logo.jpg

Its Austrailian. On it's 7th season. comedy-drama, centered around an obstetrician, her family and friends. Kind of favors Greys Anatomy in feel but with a much smaller budget and less over the top drama, though it does have some.


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/02/17 1:21pm

Phishanga

avatar

CynicKill said:

Right now I'm watching...

Image result for mr robot

-

It's an A+

Me too, just watched ep4 of the third season. It has a very unique and fascinating style, I think.

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 11/02/17 3:57pm

XxAxX

avatar

route 66 circa 1960.

interesting, enjoyable, but noticeably from a completely different era. there are manly fisticuffs in nearly every episode, and the women are dames and broads. good watch! four stars


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 11/07/17 9:03am

peedub

avatar

sexton said:


300

The Deuce - Season 1

The writing, acting and art direction are all outstanding. The complexity, subtelty and overall richness reminded me a lot of Mad Men. 5/5

[Edited 11/1/17 21:19pm]


i'm only 3 episodes in, but yeah, this is great...i'm a huge fan of george pelecanos and david simon (except 'john from cincinnati'; i couldn't get into that) individually; and they do great work together. this might be the best acting i've seen from james franco, too. i was prepared to be intensely annoyed by him, but he's really bringing it for this. refreshing.



MV5BMzNkZmNmZjMtZWI5OC00MzdiLTgxMjAtZWY2ZTIwMWM2Yzc2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjM5NDQzNTk@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg


10/10...excellent. great cast. good pacing. a visual masterpiece. this is what creators of episodic television should aspire to.

[Edited 11/7/17 9:03am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 11/19/17 10:23am

sexton

avatar



Inhumans - Season 1

Easily the worst thing I've seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Network TV may have been the wrong format to do these characters justice. It needed a much bigger budget, better actors and a better script. The cinematography was decent, but almost everything else was a big fail. 1.5/5

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 11/19/17 11:09am

Phishanga

avatar

That latest episode of Mr. Robot... a massive 10/10! eek

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 11/20/17 5:27am

CynicKill

Phishanga said:

That latest episode of Mr. Robot... a massive 10/10! eek

-

The Emmy love will be palpable next year!

Still no one's watching though.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 11/20/17 12:09pm

Phishanga

avatar

CynicKill said:

Phishanga said:

That latest episode of Mr. Robot... a massive 10/10! eek

-

The Emmy love will be palpable next year!

Still no one's watching though.

Yeah... I'd call that the Blade-Runner-2049-Justice-League-Syndrome. lol neutral

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 11/20/17 1:11pm

CynicKill

Phishanga said:

CynicKill said:

-

The Emmy love will be palpable next year!

Still no one's watching though.

Yeah... I'd call that the Blade-Runner-2049-Justice-League-Syndrome. lol neutral

I thought it was the Game of Thrones-Walking Dead syndrome.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 11/20/17 2:31pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

The Punisher....netflix.... i felt like I was being punished.... shut up and kill smeone

Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 11/20/17 6:45pm

214

CynicKill said:

Phishanga said:

Yeah... I'd call that the Blade-Runner-2049-Justice-League-Syndrome. lol neutral

I thought it was the Game of Thrones-Walking Dead syndrome.

What's that syndrome like?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 11/20/17 6:54pm

CynicKill

214 said:

CynicKill said:

I thought it was the Game of Thrones-Walking Dead syndrome.

What's that syndrome like?

-

It's hard to describe but it keeps an audience away from a truly fantastic show like Mr. Robot.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 11/21/17 1:05pm

Phishanga

avatar

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/w...UP-Ino8oGc[/youtube]

.

4 Blocks, a German show about drug clans in Berlin. Really, really good... There might finally be come quality TV shows coming from Germany.

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 11/21/17 1:07pm

Phishanga

avatar

what's wrong with the youtube embedding?

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 11/21/17 1:26pm

kpowers

avatar

sexton said:



Inhumans - Season 1

Easily the worst thing I've seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Network TV may have been the wrong format to do these characters justice. It needed a much bigger budget, better actors and a better script. The cinematography was decent, but almost everything else was a big fail. 1.5/5

I liked lockjaw

Image result for lockjaw gif

Image result for lockjaw gif

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 11/21/17 1:49pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Phishanga said:

.

4 Blocks, a German show about drug clans in Berlin. Really, really good... There might finally be come quality TV shows coming from Germany.




it looks like the link was clickable which makes it post with the dots....

Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 11/21/17 3:30pm

Hudson

avatar

Phishanga said:

what's wrong with the youtube embedding?




Use the share link found on the video's page

(youtube)https://youtu.be/OUP-Ino8oGc(/youtube) replace () with []








becomes

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 11/21/17 5:46pm

TD3

avatar

I was watching POWER.. I stopped when I found myself speeding to the middle to get to the damn point. lol I don't know, I can't watch TV series any more. Somebody recommended "Day of The Dead", "Day of the Walking Dead"... whatever. Horrendous. confused

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 11/22/17 2:05am

Phishanga

avatar

^^ Thanks!

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Rate The Last TV Series You Watched