independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 22nd Oct 2017 9:28pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Ufo in 2017
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 10/09/17 9:34am

PeteSilas

Lianachan said:

PeteSilas said:

i never heard of china going to the moon.

Chinese Lunar missions.

did they send any people? I wasn't counting sending pods i didn't see any mention about anyone walking on the moon.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 10/09/17 10:22am

RodeoSchro

avatar

PeteSilas said:

Lianachan said:

Chinese Lunar missions.

did they send any people? I wasn't counting sending pods i didn't see any mention about anyone walking on the moon.



That's coming.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 10/09/17 1:00pm

morningsong

avatar

Somewhat off topic. But I think it kind of makes a point. You don't just put on a spacesuit, jump on a spaceship and go when you're planet hopping.

Nasa wants to alter DNA of Mars crew

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/nasa-wants-to-alter-dna-of-mars-crew-l2qwg0rx3

Nasa is looking at ways of manipulating the DNA of its Mars astronauts to protect them from cosmic radiation, its head of technology has said.

The US space agency plans to launch its first manned mission to the planet in the 2030s but still has to overcome challenges at the limits of modern science. Sparing the crew from the effects of the high-energy particles that will pepper their bodies will be one of the hardest.

[Edited 10/9/17 13:02pm]

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 10/09/17 1:43pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

morningsong said:

Somewhat off topic. But I think it kind of makes a point. You don't just put on a spacesuit, jump on a spaceship and go when you're planet hopping.


Nasa wants to alter DNA of Mars crew

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/nasa-wants-to-alter-dna-of-mars-crew-l2qwg0rx3


Nasa is looking at ways of manipulating the DNA of its Mars astronauts to protect them from cosmic radiation, its head of technology has said.


The US space agency plans to launch its first manned mission to the planet in the 2030s but still has to overcome challenges at the limits of modern science. Sparing the crew from the effects of the high-energy particles that will pepper their bodies will be one of the hardest.

[Edited 10/9/17 13:02pm]



I mean it’s science and we learn something from it all, but I’m not convinced it’s a great idea. I mean we’re subbing or trying to sub all the work here on earth to machines because their more efficient and less demanding and overall a better solution for dangerous tasks, but we want to send fragile delicate people to Mars to do what machines and instrumentation can do better? Are we nuts??

As I’ve said before, we’ve been sending probes out into space doing a hell of job with the relatively primitive technology of the day still going strong sending back date. So why send people? It’s never made sense to me. Seems like all PR than sound science.
Facebook is for losers.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 10/09/17 2:24pm

PeteSilas

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

morningsong said:

Somewhat off topic. But I think it kind of makes a point. You don't just put on a spacesuit, jump on a spaceship and go when you're planet hopping.

Nasa wants to alter DNA of Mars crew

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/nasa-wants-to-alter-dna-of-mars-crew-l2qwg0rx3

Nasa is looking at ways of manipulating the DNA of its Mars astronauts to protect them from cosmic radiation, its head of technology has said.

The US space agency plans to launch its first manned mission to the planet in the 2030s but still has to overcome challenges at the limits of modern science. Sparing the crew from the effects of the high-energy particles that will pepper their bodies will be one of the hardest.

[Edited 10/9/17 13:02pm]

I mean it’s science and we learn something from it all, but I’m not convinced it’s a great idea. I mean we’re subbing or trying to sub all the work here on earth to machines because their more efficient and less demanding and overall a better solution for dangerous tasks, but we want to send fragile delicate people to Mars to do what machines and instrumentation can do better? Are we nuts?? As I’ve said before, we’ve been sending probes out into space doing a hell of job with the relatively primitive technology of the day still going strong sending back date. So why send people? It’s never made sense to me. Seems like all PR than sound science.

even when they send people, no one believes them anyways. I only brought up the china/moon thing because i know i fucking would have heard of it if a man actually did it again. Ya, it's dangerous, I really don't think humans will get that far into space before we all kill each other here on earth.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 10/09/17 3:19pm

Lianachan

avatar

PeteSilas said:



Ugot2shakesumthin said:


morningsong said:

Somewhat off topic. But I think it kind of makes a point. You don't just put on a spacesuit, jump on a spaceship and go when you're planet hopping.


Nasa wants to alter DNA of Mars crew

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/nasa-wants-to-alter-dna-of-mars-crew-l2qwg0rx3


Nasa is looking at ways of manipulating the DNA of its Mars astronauts to protect them from cosmic radiation, its head of technology has said.


The US space agency plans to launch its first manned mission to the planet in the 2030s but still has to overcome challenges at the limits of modern science. Sparing the crew from the effects of the high-energy particles that will pepper their bodies will be one of the hardest.


[Edited 10/9/17 13:02pm]



I mean it’s science and we learn something from it all, but I’m not convinced it’s a great idea. I mean we’re subbing or trying to sub all the work here on earth to machines because their more efficient and less demanding and overall a better solution for dangerous tasks, but we want to send fragile delicate people to Mars to do what machines and instrumentation can do better? Are we nuts?? As I’ve said before, we’ve been sending probes out into space doing a hell of job with the relatively primitive technology of the day still going strong sending back date. So why send people? It’s never made sense to me. Seems like all PR than sound science.

even when they send people, no one believes them anyways. I only brought up the china/moon thing because i know i fucking would have heard of it if a man actually did it again. Ya, it's dangerous, I really don't think humans will get that far into space before we all kill each other here on earth.



Everybody except idiots believes them, and who cares what the idiots think.
A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 10/09/17 3:36pm

PeteSilas

Lianachan said:

PeteSilas said:

even when they send people, no one believes them anyways. I only brought up the china/moon thing because i know i fucking would have heard of it if a man actually did it again. Ya, it's dangerous, I really don't think humans will get that far into space before we all kill each other here on earth.

Everybody except idiots believes them, and who cares what the idiots think.

there are a surprising amount of people who don't believe.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 10/09/17 4:32pm

morningsong

avatar

Ugot2shakesumthin said:

morningsong said:

Somewhat off topic. But I think it kind of makes a point. You don't just put on a spacesuit, jump on a spaceship and go when you're planet hopping.

Nasa wants to alter DNA of Mars crew

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/nasa-wants-to-alter-dna-of-mars-crew-l2qwg0rx3

Nasa is looking at ways of manipulating the DNA of its Mars astronauts to protect them from cosmic radiation, its head of technology has said.

The US space agency plans to launch its first manned mission to the planet in the 2030s but still has to overcome challenges at the limits of modern science. Sparing the crew from the effects of the high-energy particles that will pepper their bodies will be one of the hardest.

[Edited 10/9/17 13:02pm]

I mean it’s science and we learn something from it all, but I’m not convinced it’s a great idea. I mean we’re subbing or trying to sub all the work here on earth to machines because their more efficient and less demanding and overall a better solution for dangerous tasks, but we want to send fragile delicate people to Mars to do what machines and instrumentation can do better? Are we nuts?? As I’ve said before, we’ve been sending probes out into space doing a hell of job with the relatively primitive technology of the day still going strong sending back date. So why send people? It’s never made sense to me. Seems like all PR than sound science.


Usually, I'm learning, ideas like this are generally just throwing anything and everything at the board and seeing what sticks. 90% of the ideas won't stick and will soon be forgotten about. But it's what scientist do, come up with an idea and then test the hell out of it, talk about each other then test the hell out of each other. A part of me is repelled by the idea, messing around with our DNA, but then again that's already happening. Another part of me accepts that for any step forward changes are inevidable. Besides IF such a thing should take place only a handful of people would even be in line for something like that. I use to have "Star Trek-like" fantasies of human beings zooming around the galaxy in the next couple of hundred years, but once I started reading about the obstacles involved I can understand the 1,000+ year estimate that's proposed for humans to really get out in the galaxy, our solar system maybe in the next 100 or 200 years. I'm all for robotics to do a lot of the stuff we can't do yet, granted that has a ton of limitations itself.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 10/10/17 1:13am

Lianachan

avatar

PeteSilas said:

Lianachan said:

PeteSilas said: Everybody except idiots believes them, and who cares what the idiots think.

there are a surprising amount of people who don't believe.


Well, it's surprising in that there are any at all - there just shouldn't be people that stupid in this day and age, but I think they're actually an extremely small minority of vocal idiots. Flat Earthers and the like.

A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 10/16/17 4:09pm

coldcoffeeandc
ocacola

2freaky4church1 said:

Wish they'd bring Prince back.



:hug: hug
I know, it never gets better does it
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 10/16/17 4:12pm

coldcoffeeandc
ocacola

MoBettaBliss said:

i think my mother-in-law might be an alien eek



I don't think, I know!
Maybe we can send them back together!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 10/16/17 9:14pm

Graycap23

avatar

Did anyone actually watch the show?
Correct a wise man and u create a leader. Correct a FOOL and u create an enemy.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 10/17/17 6:48am

XxAxX

avatar

Graycap23 said:

Did anyone actually watch the show?



i did. i think there are so many unknowns in our world today, due to our lack of understanding of the physical world (why won't PI resolve?) that when we see things like 'ghosts' or 'little green men' it's possible we might be seeing evidence of multiverses, or dimensional overlaps.

[Edited 10/17/17 7:38am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 10/17/17 7:14am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Graycap23 said:

Did anyone actually watch the show?

i watched just over half i need to finish it but so far it is just a lot of unsubstantiated nothing. "oh a memo says it was a UFO..." and? maybe that was a mistake.



but they did at some point make (or almost make) the point that people have been coming out and telling the truth for decades and that there is actually too much evidence.

but I still think all of the evidence is either human error or explainable. unless they have different physics it seems unlikely anyone that could find us and come here and was able to would... and would try to have an ongoing relationship with us. it is like saying "there is a new ant on a mountain in the Andes....let's go check it out..." (which i guess some would go see it... wait did i just prove my on point to be flawed?)

With Love, Honor & Respect for all of you...no matter how I argue or disagree my heart is full of love for you all...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 10/17/17 7:51am

Lianachan

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Graycap23 said:

Did anyone actually watch the show?

i watched just over half i need to finish it but so far it is just a lot of unsubstantiated nothing.



Yup, a rehash of the same tired old bullshit.

A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 10/17/17 8:05am

RodeoSchro

avatar

Graycap23 said:

Did anyone actually watch the show?



I started to. It's 4 hours long. It's going to take me a few settings to get through this, as I just don't have 4 straight hours to dedicate to anything like this.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 10/17/17 8:52am

morningsong

avatar

Graycap23 said:

Did anyone actually watch the show?




Yes.


“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 10/17/17 11:21am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

Lianachan said:



OnlyNDaUsa said:




Graycap23 said:


Did anyone actually watch the show?



i watched just over half i need to finish it but so far it is just a lot of unsubstantiated nothing.





Yup, a rehash of the same tired old bullshit.



That’s exactly why haven’t seen it. Anything new we would have heard about.
Facebook is for losers.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #108 posted 10/17/17 11:38am

RodeoSchro

avatar

One thing that might help those of us who may need a lot of time to get through a 4-hour video is if those of you who HAVE seen the whole thing could point us to the parts of the video that you feel present the strongest evidence. I know that I would appreciate that.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #109 posted 10/17/17 4:03pm

Graycap23

avatar

morningsong said:

Graycap23 said:

Did anyone actually watch the show?




Yes.


Do u have any thoughts on the show?

Correct a wise man and u create a leader. Correct a FOOL and u create an enemy.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #110 posted 10/17/17 4:42pm

morningsong

avatar

Graycap23 said:

morningsong said:




Yes.


Do u have any thoughts on the show?



Seems to be the same evidence that's been presented for years. Who are these experts and what is their standing within their profession?

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #111 posted 10/17/17 4:54pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

One thing that might help those of us who may need a lot of time to get through a 4-hour video is if those of you who HAVE seen the whole thing could point us to the parts of the video that you feel present the strongest evidence. I know that I would appreciate that.

4 hours? the one i am watching is way shorter

With Love, Honor & Respect for all of you...no matter how I argue or disagree my heart is full of love for you all...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #112 posted 10/17/17 5:38pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

RodeoSchro said:

One thing that might help those of us who may need a lot of time to get through a 4-hour video is if those of you who HAVE seen the whole thing could point us to the parts of the video that you feel present the strongest evidence. I know that I would appreciate that.

4 hours? the one i am watching is way shorter



That's not it in reply #38? I thought it was. That video is 3 hours, 49 minutes.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Ufo in 2017