independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 17th Aug 2017 4:23pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > The Warriors (1979)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 08/08/17 7:37am

SPYZFAN1

I remember staying up late as a kid (Halloween night) watching it on HBO. The movie theatres in my area refused to show the film because of the possible chaos. I like the comic book style format on the DVD too...I don't think there should be a remake..It's a perfect time capsule of the late 70's.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 08/08/17 10:28am

djThunderfunk

avatar

From one of my all-time favorite directors: Walter Hill.

The guy did this, The Long Riders, Southern Comfort, 48 Hrs., Streets Of Fire, Brewster's Millions, Crossroads, Extreme Prejudice, Red Heat, Tresspass, etc. and produced Alien.

Love The Warriors. Love Walter Hill.

Bass U Shoulda Played
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 08/09/17 5:51am

DaveT

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

From one of my all-time favorite directors: Walter Hill.

The guy did this, The Long Riders, Southern Comfort, 48 Hrs., Streets Of Fire, Brewster's Millions, Crossroads, Extreme Prejudice, Red Heat, Tresspass, etc. and produced Alien.

Love The Warriors. Love Walter Hill.


Southern Comfort ... another underrated classic!! Haven't seen that in years either. Time to fire up the blu-ray.

www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 08/09/17 12:51pm

kpowers

avatar

DaveT said:

djThunderfunk said:

From one of my all-time favorite directors: Walter Hill.

The guy did this, The Long Riders, Southern Comfort, 48 Hrs., Streets Of Fire, Brewster's Millions, Crossroads, Extreme Prejudice, Red Heat, Tresspass, etc. and produced Alien.

Love The Warriors. Love Walter Hill.


Southern Comfort ... another underrated classic!! Haven't seen that in years either. Time to fire up the blu-ray.

Yup, need to add that to my collection

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 08/09/17 1:23pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Gotta love the seventies.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 08/09/17 1:36pm

kpowers

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Gotta love the seventies.

Yup look at all those movies from the 70's they made which they still continue to make today like Star Wars, Superman, Alien and Halloween to name a few.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 08/10/17 10:22am

JoeyC

avatar

Oh hell yeah. The Warriors is high on my list of all time favorite movies. I seen it when it first came out at the theaters and have seen it maybe 20 times since then. One of the greatest underground movies ever made. And as other people have mentioned. Walter Hill is a great director. The only thing is, i wish more of the people who were in The Warriors, would have went on to star in more movies. By far, James Remar is the biggest star to have come out of The Warriors.

Anyway, another great cult movie from the late 70's is this movie called Over The Edge. It stars Matt Dillon. And actually its his first movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...dge_(film)

Rest in Peace Bettie Boo. See u soon.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 08/10/17 10:58am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

I'm thinking more of films like Taxi Driver.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 08/10/17 12:36pm

kpowers

avatar

JoeyC said:

Oh hell yeah. The Warriors is high on my list of all time favorite movies. I seen it when it first came out at the theaters and have seen it maybe 20 times since then. One of the greatest underground movies ever made. And as other people have mentioned. Walter Hill is a great director. The only thing is, i wish more of the people who were in The Warriors, would have went on to star in more movies. By far, James Remar is the biggest star to have come out of The Warriors.

Anyway, another great cult movie from the late 70's is this movie called Over The Edge. It stars Matt Dillon. And actually its his first movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...dge_(film)

Some ended up on TV

Image result for deborah van valkenburgh too close for comfortRelated imageRelated image

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 08/10/17 3:46pm

JabarR74

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > The Warriors (1979)