independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 19th Oct 2017 3:55am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > The Warriors (1979)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/04/17 7:16pm

JabarR74

The Warriors (1979)

Who here has ever seen.....................................................

936full-the-warriors-poster.jpg

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/04/17 7:37pm

2045RadicalMat
tZ

JabarR74 said:

Who here has ever seen.....



936full-the-warriors-poster.jpg


Probably MOST old time fans. The film WAS generational. ..it's gotten a second luge as a cult film. It's pretty damn good (*just avoid the DIRECTORS CUT with the comic book crap)

FYI: They're also doing a WARRIORS cast reunion (*most of the mains that aren't dead) this month at an autograph convention. ...look it up. HOLLYWOOD something er other. I was debating going, hopefully to try to complete a dead guys playmate autograph collection. ...but i already have Julie McCullough's)


B movie stars AND "The Beav and Wally"...if you'd asked me years ago I'd have been thrilled to see Tawny Kitaen as well. ...but. ...oh Lord. ...the surgeries
"Damn Dolores, pick another subject, please...introduce the carpet to something other than your knees...."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/05/17 3:48am

kpowers

avatar

Classic headbang

Image result for can you dig it gif

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/05/17 3:51am

kpowers

avatar

Related image

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/05/17 4:37am

Cloudbuster

avatar

kpowers said:

Related image


nod

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/05/17 6:37am

KingBAD

kpowers said:

Related image

he was just so good at that part

i couldn't stand his punk ass...

i am KING BAD!!!
you are NOT...
evilking
"KingBAD, well you are just a troll" (an emotional fan)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/05/17 7:26am

JabarR74

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/05/17 9:25am

RodeoSchro

avatar

Hell yes I did! Saw it when it was released in the theater. It was a huge controversy. Dudes were leaving that movie all jacked up and getting in fights in the parking lots.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/05/17 12:32pm

kpowers

avatar

KingBAD said:

kpowers said:

Related image

he was just so good at that part

i couldn't stand his punk ass...

Especialy when he kept yelling "The Warriors did it"

Image result for the warriors did it

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/05/17 12:33pm

kpowers

avatar

Image result for the warriors dj quotes

Love the DJ through out the movie "nowhere to run to"

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/05/17 12:44pm

kpowers

avatar

Related image

I've seen Ajax in many TV shows over the years. Every time I see him acting it's like "hey it's Ajax from the Warriors". Just recently saw him on Gotham

Image result for gotham  james remar

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/05/17 1:35pm

kpowers

avatar

2045RadicalMattZ said:

JabarR74 said:

Who here has ever seen.....................................................

Probably MOST old time fans. The film WAS generational. ..it's gotten a second luge as a cult film. It's pretty damn good (*just avoid the DIRECTORS CUT with the comic book crap) FYI: They're also doing a WARRIORS cast reunion (*most of the mains that aren't dead) this month at an autograph convention. ...look it up. HOLLYWOOD something er other. I was debating going, hopefully to try to complete a dead guys playmate autograph collection. ...but i already have Julie McCullough's) B movie stars AND "The Beav and Wally"...if you'd asked me years ago I'd have been thrilled to see Tawny Kitaen as well. ...but. ...oh Lord. ...the surgeries

Checked IMDB most of the main cast is still alive except for

Image result for the warriors Marcelino Sánchez

Image result for the warriors roger hill

Image result for the warriors Lynne Thigpen

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/05/17 2:14pm

kpowers

avatar

Image result for the warriors movie

Anybody here remembered watching the Warriors on HBO back in the day? I don't know about you but back in the late 70's and real early 80's HBO would play like 2 movies all day long. Remembered this movie (as well as Coal Miners Daughter, C.H.O.M.P.S, Alien, Rock and Roll High school and others) being played all day long.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 08/05/17 4:04pm

kpowers

avatar

JabarR74 said:

Cute, it put a smile on alot of people's faces there

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 08/05/17 4:12pm

2045RadicalMat
tZ

Like i said. If there are any warriors (*film - not the crooked ass golden boy team darling of Adam silver) then check this out


WARRIORS CAST REUNION/AUTOGRAPHS

https://hollywoodshow.com/main.php
"Damn Dolores, pick another subject, please...introduce the carpet to something other than your knees...."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 08/06/17 6:50am

KingBAD

JabarR74 said:

eek eek eek eek eek eek

that was just sad

lol lol lol lol lol

i am KING BAD!!!
you are NOT...
evilking
"KingBAD, well you are just a troll" (an emotional fan)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 08/06/17 9:47am

RodeoSchro

avatar

kpowers said:

Related image




He ad-libbed that. Awesome!

He was also Sully in Arnold's claissic "Commando". Arnold promised to kill him last, and ultimately let him go.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 08/06/17 10:16am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

kpowers said:

Related image




He ad-libbed that. Awesome!

He was also Sully in Arnold's claissic "Commando". Arnold promised to kill him last, and ultimately let him go.

I was going to say that he pretty much came up with that....not sure how much but it is a classic!

another movie in this same area is Assault on Precinct 13 (1976)

With Love, Honor & Respect for all of you...no matter how I argue or disagree my heart is full of love for you all...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 08/06/17 10:58am

rdhull

avatar

I love tis movie lol. Be lookin good boppers.

BTW, the dj was the one given principle Joe Clark trouble in Lean On Me

And everytime I scratch my nails down someone else's back I hope you feel it.. WELL CAN YA FEEL IT?!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 08/06/17 11:00am

rdhull

avatar

kpowers said:

Image result for the warriors movie

Anybody here remembered watching the Warriors on HBO back in the day? I don't know about you but back in the late 70's and real early 80's HBO would play like 2 movies all day long. Remembered this movie (as well as Coal Miners Daughter, C.H.O.M.P.S, Alien, Rock and Roll High school and others) being played all day long.

..and Animal House, Grease,

And everytime I scratch my nails down someone else's back I hope you feel it.. WELL CAN YA FEEL IT?!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 08/06/17 3:27pm

DaveT

avatar

One of my all time fave films!! Wish they'd made a sequel showing us more of the different gangs. This website is well worth a read for info on the gangs in the film: http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/gangs

Also, check out the documentary Rubble Kings ... great film abou the real gangs of New York in the seventies that sounds very close to The Warriors: https://en.wikipedia.org/...bble_Kings

www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 08/06/17 3:47pm

JabarR74

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 08/06/17 3:57pm

kpowers

avatar

rdhull said:

kpowers said:

Image result for the warriors movie

Anybody here remembered watching the Warriors on HBO back in the day? I don't know about you but back in the late 70's and real early 80's HBO would play like 2 movies all day long. Remembered this movie (as well as Coal Miners Daughter, C.H.O.M.P.S, Alien, Rock and Roll High school and others) being played all day long.

..and Animal House, Grease,

oh yeah those too, plus Logan's Run, Halloween and Flash Gordon also come to mind

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 08/06/17 4:00pm

kpowers

avatar

DaveT said:

One of my all time fave films!! Wish they'd made a sequel showing us more of the different gangs. This website is well worth a read for info on the gangs in the film: http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/gangs

Also, check out the documentary Rubble Kings ... great film abou the real gangs of New York in the seventies that sounds very close to The Warriors: https://en.wikipedia.org/...bble_Kings

Maybe during that time, but now would be a bad reboot. Plus you know Samuel L. Jackson and the Rock would be in it disbelief

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 08/06/17 4:09pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

kpowers said:

DaveT said:

One of my all time fave films!! Wish they'd made a sequel showing us more of the different gangs. This website is well worth a read for info on the gangs in the film: http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/gangs

Also, check out the documentary Rubble Kings ... great film abou the real gangs of New York in the seventies that sounds very close to The Warriors: https://en.wikipedia.org/...bble_Kings

Maybe during that time, but now would be a bad reboot. Plus you know Samuel L. Jackson and the Rock would be in it disbelief



a remake or whatever was planned at some point... I think it would be a bad idea...no way they recapture this

With Love, Honor & Respect for all of you...no matter how I argue or disagree my heart is full of love for you all...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 08/07/17 1:32am

DaveT

avatar

kpowers said:

DaveT said:

One of my all time fave films!! Wish they'd made a sequel showing us more of the different gangs. This website is well worth a read for info on the gangs in the film: http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/gangs

Also, check out the documentary Rubble Kings ... great film abou the real gangs of New York in the seventies that sounds very close to The Warriors: https://en.wikipedia.org/...bble_Kings

Maybe during that time, but now would be a bad reboot. Plus you know Samuel L. Jackson and the Rock would be in it disbelief

Yeah, I heard a reboot might have been on the cards. Only if they set it during the same era, it wouldn't work in a modern setting ... the gang members would all be tooled up with guns or twiddling on their phones for most of the film.

www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 08/07/17 6:10am

laurarichardso
n

I actually read the book that the movie is based off which has a very different tone then the movie. The Boppers the guys in the purple suits and hats were what the Warriors were wearing in the book.

[Edited 8/8/17 4:01am]

-----------

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTT_yashzTqckHB7anCD3BtC2sKfPoXb2V7JndsEdHWyZH0_G-a

[Edited 8/8/17 4:03am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 08/07/17 7:51am

Empress

I saw this movie at the theatre when it first came out and have seen it many times since. It's a classic.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 08/07/17 7:49pm

KemiVA

avatar

I have the Director's Cut DVD. Some die-hard fans hate the comic-book panel scene transitions in this version. But enjoy it and the original version too.

It's pretty interesting/cool that both Lynne Thigpen and Marcelino Sanchez would later work on PBS educational shows ("Where in The World is Carmen Sandiego", The Bloodhound Gang segments in "3-2-1 Contact"). May they rest in peace...

[Edited 8/7/17 19:52pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 08/08/17 5:05am

spacedolphin

avatar

Yeah, just classic 70s mood and structure. I remember being quite obsessed with the PS2 game as well, spent many a night throwing garbage cans through store windows and beating up people and stuff.

music
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > The Warriors (1979)