independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 28th May 2017 7:32am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > Here is something that pisses me off to no end
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 03/07/17 12:44pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

Here is something that pisses me off to no end



I answer the phone at our company. We have lots of agents and thousands of customers. Our customers are, allegedly, in the business of selling insurance to the public. But do you know what?

NO ONE EVER SAYS WHO THEY ARE WHEN THEY CALL.

Everyone ALWAYS says, "Let me speak to so-and-so" or "Is so-and-so in"?

What the &^^T&*^&$%^$?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'll tell you this - I never EVER put a call through to anyone without making the caller identify themself first. But seriously - what the %^$&%^ is up with that?

I'm a trained sales professional, been doing this for a long time, and have received training from the best in the business. It's simply unfathomable to me that any professional would EVER call another professional and not announce who they are.

And it pisses me off to no end.

What pisses YOU off? mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

Second Funkiest White Man in America

Cowardice always hides behind insinuation
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 03/07/17 12:48pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

Some f$%^er JUST called - "Is so-and-so there?" Man, I was pissed. usually I say, "May I tell her who is calling? but this guy got "Who's calling please?" I was probably rude but DANG. This is simply incredible.

Some other guy called earlier. It went like this:

HIM: "Is so-and-so in?"

ME: "May I ask who's calling"

HIM: "Anton"

ME: "Anton who?"

mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

I have to go work out.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

Cowardice always hides behind insinuation
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 03/07/17 1:09pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

What pisses me off is calling a business that never has a human being answer the phone, has you leave a message that is never returned, and places you on hold then hangs up!!! ARGGHH!!! mad

nothing's forbidden... and nothing's taboo.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 03/07/17 1:18pm

peedub

avatar

litter. litter pisses me off. so. fucking. lazy.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 03/07/17 4:25pm

KoolEaze

avatar

Bad, reckless drivers who think they are race car drivers.

Bad, reckless cyclists.

Arrogant, mean patrons at restaurants.

Telemarketes who try to trick people into bad deals by making them say "Yes" on the phone.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 03/07/17 4:28pm

KoolEaze

avatar

Rude, macho, pseudo-alpha male behavior, "locker room" talk, sexual harrassment .

Littering.

People putting their feet on a seat on public transportation.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 03/07/17 4:29pm

KoolEaze

avatar

And of course people on the phone who don´t say who they are. wink

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 03/07/17 4:32pm

damosuzuki

avatar

people who stand 3 inches behind me at the grocery checkout & breathe down my neck.

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."

http://www.thelifeyoucansave.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 03/07/17 6:00pm

214

Human beings, i want to go back to home and leave this mess, but i'm not done yet.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 03/08/17 7:56am

domainator2010

Indians.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 03/08/17 8:30am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

domainator2010 said:

Indians.

eek

nothing's forbidden... and nothing's taboo.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 03/08/17 9:42am

NorthC

In my country it's perfectly normal to introduce yourself either when you call somebody or when you answer the phone. Yes, it would piss me off too if people don't do that.
What pisses me off?
Smoking!!!! It stinks, it's bad for your health and it's not allowed in bars,so what do the smokers do? They go outside, but they can't be bothered to walk a few steps, so they stand in front of the door so that when you want to enter, they a) block your way and b) blow smoke in your face (even if they don't mean to.) And what remains of the cigarette after smoking, is thrown on the floor.
Secondly, and I don't know how this is in other countries, but if you're in a shopping street in Holland, you really have to watch out for... cyclists! They just ride their bicycle (and sometimes quite fast) throught the people walking there and seem to consider it the most normal thing in the world.
Even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 03/08/17 9:57am

RodeoSchro

avatar

NorthC said:

In my country it's perfectly normal to introduce yourself either when you call somebody or when you answer the phone. Yes, it would piss me off too if people don't do that. What pisses me off?

Smoking!!!! It stinks, it's bad for your health and it's not allowed in bars,so what do the smokers do? They go outside, but they can't be bothered to walk a few steps, so they stand in front of the door so that when you want to enter, they a) block your way and b) blow smoke in your face (even if they don't mean to.) And what remains of the cigarette after smoking, is thrown on the floor.

Secondly, and I don't know how this is in other countries, but if you're in a shopping street in Holland, you really have to watch out for... cyclists! They just ride their bicycle (and sometimes quite fast) throught the people walking there and seem to consider it the most normal thing in the world.



I don't like smoking either. I would outlaw it if I could.

peedub mentioned littering. Here in the USA, smokers are the biggest single source of littering. I will never understand it. Perfectly great people, who would NEVER throw a food wrapper out of their car window, have no problem at all throwing a cigarette butt out. That butt is just as much a piece of litter as a food wrapper. It isn't going to degrade or dissolve. It will be there for months or years.

These same people also throw their butts in flower beds, or just stomp them on the ground. And for some reason, they never think of that as littering.

I'm really pissed off and I'm going to start confronting these people and find out why they think throwing that particular piece of trash on the ground is not littering.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

Cowardice always hides behind insinuation
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 03/08/17 1:31pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Another one--going to the doctor for the alloted 15 minutes allowed and only getting 5 because the doctor spent too much time with the patient before you! mad

nothing's forbidden... and nothing's taboo.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 03/08/17 3:55pm

EmmaMcG

I'm not sure if I'd go so far as to say it pisses me off but one thing that irks me a bit is people who take political correctness to a whole new level of insanity. I mean, I'm not against basic manners and I firmly believe that all humans are born equal regardless of religion, race, gender, nationality or anything else that can be used to separate us. Because I believe in this, I also believe that people should never use words intended to insult or provoke others who are perceived as "different" to them. However, when you get these people who cry "racist" or "sexist" or whatever else when there was no ill intent in whatever was said, then I think that's not only taking political correctness to an unhealthy level but also, and this is what really bothers me about it, it's trivialising ACTUAL racism and discrimination by putting it in the same category as this other stuff.
I'll give an example. My ex, who remains a close personal friend of mine, is a black guy from New York. I was visiting him from Ireland a couple of years ago and I was introduced to his group of friends he grew up with. They were showing me around the city, visiting all the tourist spots, having a good time. After a while I got hungry so I went and bought some fruit, a few apples, an orange and a banana. When my ex visited me, he took a liking to putting chopped banana in his porridge. So, I gave him the banana and told him to save it for his porridge. The whole group went silent. You'd swear I murdered someone the way they went on. Jeffrey, one of the guys, was really passed off. "How dare a white girl hand a black man a banana. You can't do that in 2013", as if the year has anything to do with it. My ex obviously explained the situation and even admitted to being taken aback by how thin skinned some of his friends are. But it's that kind of thinking, people who love to be the victim and will try to find offence in anything, that get to me.


By the way, I should point out that if Jeffrey or my ex read this, and I know they lurk on here sometimes, then this was an isolated incident and that Jeffrey is actually a really cool guy and is NOT one of those people who looks for offence where none is intended. This is just an example of this type of behaviour which, for some people, is how they live their lives.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 03/08/17 5:35pm

morningsong

avatar

I'm with you on that Rodeo

The ever growing acronyms for businesses. I hate messages from acronyms. I'm not calling you back if I have no idea who you are and what you do.


And this phone call I get every day, from the same people. The prefix is always the same but the rest of the number changes. I've answered it. It's a recording in spanish. They never leave a message when I don't answer, they never answer a call back. They have the wrong number and no way of being informed that they are wasting everybody's time calling every flippin' day.

“Do I dare Disturb the universe?”
― T.S. Eliot

“Only by acceptance of the past, can you alter it”
― T.S. Eliot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 03/08/17 5:43pm

214

EmmaMcG said:

I'm not sure if I'd go so far as to say it pisses me off but one thing that irks me a bit is people who take political correctness to a whole new level of insanity. I mean, I'm not against basic manners and I firmly believe that all humans are born equal regardless of religion, race, gender, nationality or anything else that can be used to separate us. Because I believe in this, I also believe that people should never use words intended to insult or provoke others who are perceived as "different" to them. However, when you get these people who cry "racist" or "sexist" or whatever else when there was no ill intent in whatever was said, then I think that's not only taking political correctness to an unhealthy level but also, and this is what really bothers me about it, it's trivialising ACTUAL racism and discrimination by putting it in the same category as this other stuff. I'll give an example. My ex, who remains a close personal friend of mine, is a black guy from New York. I was visiting him from Ireland a couple of years ago and I was introduced to his group of friends he grew up with. They were showing me around the city, visiting all the tourist spots, having a good time. After a while I got hungry so I went and bought some fruit, a few apples, an orange and a banana. When my ex visited me, he took a liking to putting chopped banana in his porridge. So, I gave him the banana and told him to save it for his porridge. The whole group went silent. You'd swear I murdered someone the way they went on. Jeffrey, one of the guys, was really passed off. "How dare a white girl hand a black man a banana. You can't do that in 2013", as if the year has anything to do with it. My ex obviously explained the situation and even admitted to being taken aback by how thin skinned some of his friends are. But it's that kind of thinking, people who love to be the victim and will try to find offence in anything, that get to me. By the way, I should point out that if Jeffrey or my ex read this, and I know they lurk on here sometimes, then this was an isolated incident and that Jeffrey is actually a really cool guy and is NOT one of those people who looks for offence where none is intended. This is just an example of this type of behaviour which, for some people, is how they live their lives.

That was very racist, i get why your friends were outraged.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 03/08/17 6:10pm

EmmaMcG

214 said:



EmmaMcG said:


I'm not sure if I'd go so far as to say it pisses me off but one thing that irks me a bit is people who take political correctness to a whole new level of insanity. I mean, I'm not against basic manners and I firmly believe that all humans are born equal regardless of religion, race, gender, nationality or anything else that can be used to separate us. Because I believe in this, I also believe that people should never use words intended to insult or provoke others who are perceived as "different" to them. However, when you get these people who cry "racist" or "sexist" or whatever else when there was no ill intent in whatever was said, then I think that's not only taking political correctness to an unhealthy level but also, and this is what really bothers me about it, it's trivialising ACTUAL racism and discrimination by putting it in the same category as this other stuff. I'll give an example. My ex, who remains a close personal friend of mine, is a black guy from New York. I was visiting him from Ireland a couple of years ago and I was introduced to his group of friends he grew up with. They were showing me around the city, visiting all the tourist spots, having a good time. After a while I got hungry so I went and bought some fruit, a few apples, an orange and a banana. When my ex visited me, he took a liking to putting chopped banana in his porridge. So, I gave him the banana and told him to save it for his porridge. The whole group went silent. You'd swear I murdered someone the way they went on. Jeffrey, one of the guys, was really passed off. "How dare a white girl hand a black man a banana. You can't do that in 2013", as if the year has anything to do with it. My ex obviously explained the situation and even admitted to being taken aback by how thin skinned some of his friends are. But it's that kind of thinking, people who love to be the victim and will try to find offence in anything, that get to me. By the way, I should point out that if Jeffrey or my ex read this, and I know they lurk on here sometimes, then this was an isolated incident and that Jeffrey is actually a really cool guy and is NOT one of those people who looks for offence where none is intended. This is just an example of this type of behaviour which, for some people, is how they live their lives.

That was very racist, i get why your friends were outraged.



You're funny. I like you. smile
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 03/08/17 10:39pm

MoBettaBliss

parents that don't discipline their children and let them turn into little brats without any consideration for the rest of society

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 03/09/17 4:28am

missfee

avatar

KoolEaze said:

Bad, reckless drivers who think they are race car drivers.

Bad, reckless cyclists.

Arrogant, mean patrons at restaurants.

Telemarketes who try to trick people into bad deals by making them say "Yes" on the phone.

nod THIS!!!! I can't stand when drivers who are in the wrong honk the horn at me because I didn't let them cut me off. Really? Had an incident this morning where this dumba** actually drove on the side of a lane that wasn't an actual lane up to the stop light....I'm already at the stop light in the left lane. She pulls up beside me without a care in the world, the light turns green, I accelerate and she blows the horn at me!! WHAT??? You are the one in the wrong because there are only two lanes, and you created a third...did you see a solid white line in the road for your so-called lane???? IDIOTS!!!!

I also can't stand people who are rude for no reason. If you're having a bad day, then deal with it, it's not everybody else's fault.

Thirdly, co-workers who don't answer emails...yet when they send you an email, you have to answer within 5 minutes or the world will end. SMH. There's no excuse for that.

I will forever love and miss you...my sweet Prince.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 03/09/17 11:32am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Rodeo, can't stand him.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 03/09/17 11:39am

RodeoSchro

avatar

That's OK, I love you.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

Cowardice always hides behind insinuation
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 03/09/17 12:19pm

214

EmmaMcG said:

214 said:

That was very racist, i get why your friends were outraged.

You're funny. I like you. smile

I'm serious girl, don't mess around with me.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 03/09/17 12:23pm

214

RodeoSchro said:

That's OK, I love you.

That was so sweet. angel

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 03/09/17 12:25pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

it is times like this i wish i had your office number...


a friend of mine used to work IT for mary kay... i once called him trying to buy make up... he was so confused he did not know what to do... i kept saying "this is mary kay right? I need make up..."

[Edited 3/9/17 12:27pm]

I Stand United with Manchester!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 03/09/17 12:50pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Make up?

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 03/09/17 12:53pm

EmmaMcG

214 said:



EmmaMcG said:


214 said:


That was very racist, i get why your friends were outraged.



You're funny. I like you. smile

I'm serious girl, don't mess around with me.



Or what? smile
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 03/09/17 1:06pm

214

EmmaMcG said:

214 said:

I'm serious girl, don't mess around with me.

Or what? smile

Don't make me go there... wink

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 03/09/17 1:23pm

NorthC

He's going to invade Ireland with an army of angry Aztecs...
Even the President of the United States sometimes must have to stand naked.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 03/09/17 1:35pm

214

NorthC said:

He's going to invade Ireland with an army of angry Aztecs...

Besides that, i will spank you girl. I don't want to, i swear but you are making me to.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > Here is something that pisses me off to no end