URL: http://prince.org/msg/100/382259

Date printed: Sun 21st Dec 2014 4:37pm PST

independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 21st Dec 2014 4:37pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forums > General Discussion > Anybody up for purple European Championship poule?
AuthorMessage
Thread started 06/04/12 12:20pm

dJJ

Anybody up for purple European Championship poule?

Don't know how it works, but I thought it might be fun to set up a poule here at the org.

Anybody up for it?

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #1 posted 06/04/12 4:24pm

EvilAngel

Germany will win and Spain won't make it past the quarter finals. That's all you need to know.

Reply #2 posted 06/04/12 4:33pm

Dewrede

EvilAngel said:

Germany will win and Spain won't make it past the quarter finals. That's all you need to know.

talk to the hand us Dutchies will whoop those krauts' asses lol

Reply #3 posted 06/04/12 4:42pm

PANDURITO

EvilAngel said:

Germany will win and Spain won't make it past the quarter finals. That's all you need to know.

fishslap

Reply #4 posted 06/04/12 5:05pm

EvilAngel

Dewrede said:

EvilAngel said:

Germany will win and Spain won't make it past the quarter finals. That's all you need to know.

talk to the hand us Dutchies will whoop those krauts' asses lol

Unlikely, but even so, Holland won't win the cup.

Reply #5 posted 06/04/12 5:07pm

dJJ

My bet:

Group A ----- Friday June 8

Poland wins from Greece 2-1

Tsjech and Russia 1-1

Group B ----- Saturday June 9

Holland wins from Denmark 2-1

Portugal wins from Germany 3 -2 (I think this will be an exciting game)

Group C ------ Sunday June 10

Italy wins from Spain 3 -2

Ireland wins from Kroatia 1 - 0

Group D ------- Monday June 11

France wins from England 1- 0 (this one is going to be nasty)

Oekrain and Sweden 1 -1

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #6 posted 06/04/12 5:14pm

dJJ

EvilAngel said:

Germany will win and Spain won't make it past the quarter finals. That's all you need to know.

I'm still traumatised by the Holland - Portugal bribed referee causes messy game experience

So, next to Holland, Germany is my favorite in Group B

I have no clue how the Dutch will be this year. Also, I don't know witch referees, goal keepers, or coaches have been bribed this tournament wink We'll know at quarter finals probably.

I really hope final is going to be between Germany and Holland. Just because those two are my favorites.

I'm not as confident about Holland as I was in the last two tournaments though.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #7 posted 06/04/12 5:17pm

dJJ

PANDURITO said:

EvilAngel said:

Germany will win and Spain won't make it past the quarter finals. That's all you need to know.

fishslap

I have a hunch Spain will get pretty far, I hope not, however, they might even make it to the finals. mad

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #8 posted 06/04/12 5:23pm

EvilAngel

dJJ said:

PANDURITO said:

fishslap

I have a hunch Spain will get pretty far, I hope not, however, they might even make it to the finals. mad

How often have the defending champions made it to the finals? How often have the defending European and World Champions made it to the finals?

Trust me, Spain is going down.

Reply #9 posted 06/04/12 5:30pm

EvilAngel

dJJ said:

EvilAngel said:

Germany will win and Spain won't make it past the quarter finals. That's all you need to know.

I'm still traumatised by the Holland - Portugal bribed referee causes messy game experience

So, next to Holland, Germany is my favorite in Group B

I have no clue how the Dutch will be this year. Also, I don't know witch referees, goal keepers, or coaches have been bribed this tournament wink We'll know at quarter finals probably.

I really hope final is going to be between Germany and Holland. Just because those two are my favorites.

I'm not as confident about Holland as I was in the last two tournaments though.

Two years ago Holland's game was pretty horrible, except for the second half against against Brazil. The match against Uruguay was okay.

So far in the friendlies they've played like shit as well. It's highly unlikely a team does well even though they play like shit two tournaments in a row. So unless they start playing well all of a sudden I really don't see them make it to the finals. They're out of luck. Robben should have scored a goal in the finals. They won't have another chance like that for at least another decade.

Reply #10 posted 06/04/12 5:44pm

dJJ

EvilAngel said:

dJJ said:

I have a hunch Spain will get pretty far, I hope not, however, they might even make it to the finals. mad

How often have the defending champions made it to the finals? How often have the defending European and World Champions made it to the finals?

Trust me, Spain is going down.

I feel guilty about it, and I know I shouldn't. But that picture made me laugh.

boxed

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #11 posted 06/04/12 5:47pm

dJJ

EvilAngel said:

dJJ said:

I'm still traumatised by the Holland - Portugal bribed referee causes messy game experience

So, next to Holland, Germany is my favorite in Group B

I have no clue how the Dutch will be this year. Also, I don't know witch referees, goal keepers, or coaches have been bribed this tournament wink We'll know at quarter finals probably.

I really hope final is going to be between Germany and Holland. Just because those two are my favorites.

I'm not as confident about Holland as I was in the last two tournaments though.

Two years ago Holland's game was pretty horrible, except for the second half against against Brazil. The match against Uruguay was okay.

So far in the friendlies they've played like shit as well. It's highly unlikely a team does well even though they play like shit two tournaments in a row. So unless they start playing well all of a sudden I really don't see them make it to the finals. They're out of luck. Robben should have scored a goal in the finals. They won't have another chance like that for at least another decade.

Nasty but true.

And Robben is consistent with missing goals, isn't he?! He also can't do it for the Germans. nana

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #12 posted 06/04/12 5:49pm

dJJ

I have a problem this saturday though. A friend throws her party.

She will not forgive me if I cancel.

And I don't understand how she can put me in this position. I want to watch the games sad

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #13 posted 06/04/12 5:54pm

EvilAngel

dJJ said:

I have a problem this saturday though. A friend throws her party.

She will not forgive me if I cancel.

And I don't understand how she can put me in this position. I want to watch the games sad

She will be a horrible host if she won't let her guests watch the game. wink

Reply #14 posted 06/04/12 6:00pm

EvilAngel

dJJ said:

EvilAngel said:

Two years ago Holland's game was pretty horrible, except for the second half against against Brazil. The match against Uruguay was okay.

So far in the friendlies they've played like shit as well. It's highly unlikely a team does well even though they play like shit two tournaments in a row. So unless they start playing well all of a sudden I really don't see them make it to the finals. They're out of luck. Robben should have scored a goal in the finals. They won't have another chance like that for at least another decade.

Nasty but true.

And Robben is consistent with missing goals, isn't he?! He also can't do it for the Germans. nana

Sometimes he scores important goals and sometimes he doesn't. It's not like he fails every single time. Shit, I never played in front of more than a few hundred people, but I could definitely feel the pressure at times. Can't even imagine what it's like to play in a stadium with tens of thousands of people and millions watching at home.

Reply #15 posted 06/04/12 6:26pm

dJJ

EvilAngel said:

dJJ said:

I have a problem this saturday though. A friend throws her party.

She will not forgive me if I cancel.

And I don't understand how she can put me in this position. I want to watch the games sad

She will be a horrible host if she won't let her guests watch the game. wink

Yeah, but it will be just me in front of the tv, while the other girls will try to lure me away from it because they don't feel excited at all.

rolleyes women

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #16 posted 06/04/12 6:30pm

EvilAngel

dJJ said:

EvilAngel said:

She will be a horrible host if she won't let her guests watch the game. wink

Yeah, but it will be just me in front of the tv, while the other girls will try to lure me away from it because they don't feel excited at all.

rolleyes women

No one who enjoys watching soccer/football at all? neutral

Reply #17 posted 06/05/12 6:51am

dJJ

EvilAngel said:

dJJ said:

Yeah, but it will be just me in front of the tv, while the other girls will try to lure me away from it because they don't feel excited at all.

rolleyes women

No one who enjoys watching soccer/football at all? neutral

Not in that group, no.

I think I'll go to my parents. Which means I'm away the whole weekend and can to to the pub with my kid brothers and his friends to see the games.

I'ts cowardly, however the most peaceful solution imo.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #18 posted 06/05/12 5:32pm

JoeTyler

EvilAngel said:

Germany will win and Spain won't make it past the quarter finals. That's all you need to know.

only if Satan kills Iniesta, Xavi, Casillas, Pique, Ramos, Busquets, Silva and Mata

so, no...

tinkerbell
Reply #19 posted 06/05/12 5:39pm

JoeTyler

Russia,

Czech Republic,

Germany,

Holland,

Spain,

Italy,

France and

England

are the teams that will make it to the quarter finals, Portugal won't make it, but if they do, that means Germany or Holland will be eliminated, "Group of Death" indeed; after that, who knows... I only know that Holland and Spain are the obvious candidates, followed closely by Germany and England if they don't blow it, lol

[Edited 6/5/12 17:40pm]

tinkerbell
Reply #20 posted 06/06/12 12:34pm

muirdo

I shall be supporting EVERY team that play against England.

It's what we do.

I quite fancy Germany though.

Fuck the funk - it's time to ditch the worn-out Vegas horns fills, pick up the geee-tar and finally ROCK THE MUTHA-FUCKER!! He hinted at this on Chaos, now it's time to step up and fully DELIVER!!
woot!
KrystleEyes 22/03/05
Reply #21 posted 06/06/12 1:46pm

logger

Russia Top

Czech 2nd

Holland Top

Germany 2nd

Spain Top

Ireland 2nd(fingers crossed).......C'mon you boys in green!!!!!

France Top

Sweden 2nd (hope its England though)

Either way we will have 3 great nights out in Ireland.

Reply #22 posted 06/06/12 2:02pm

AsherFierce

England aint gonna do shit with the squad. Jordan Henderson? Really mayne? bored2

Holland's winning the Euros. biggrin

Reply #23 posted 06/07/12 6:33am

dJJ

AsherFierce said:

England aint gonna do shit with the squad. Jordan Henderson? Really mayne? bored2

Holland's winning the Euros. biggrin

I do hope so. Big party in Amsterdam.

On the other hand, it's a lot of upheaval if they come far. Very distracting.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #24 posted 06/07/12 7:51am

Lianachan

Best of luck to France, Sweden and Ukraine for the first round.

smile

Reply #25 posted 06/07/12 8:06am

Shanti0608

Haven't been following it much this year. Sad to hear that England will lose Jermaine Defoe because his dad passed away.

Reply #26 posted 06/07/12 9:16am

muirdo

maybe not edit

[Edited 6/7/12 9:30am]

Fuck the funk - it's time to ditch the worn-out Vegas horns fills, pick up the geee-tar and finally ROCK THE MUTHA-FUCKER!! He hinted at this on Chaos, now it's time to step up and fully DELIVER!!
woot!
KrystleEyes 22/03/05
Reply #27 posted 06/07/12 4:44pm

EvilAngel

JoeTyler said:

EvilAngel said:

Germany will win and Spain won't make it past the quarter finals. That's all you need to know.

only if Satan kills Iniesta, Xavi, Casillas, Pique, Ramos, Busquets, Silva and Mata

so, no...

We'll talk again in a few weeks. wink

Reply #28 posted 06/07/12 6:08pm

thesexofit

muirdo said:

I shall be supporting EVERY team that play against England.

It's what we do.

I quite fancy Germany though.

Reply #29 posted 06/07/12 6:10pm

thesexofit

God knows who will win. My money is still on Spain though.

England will do poor. Our squad is crap. But then our so called "golden generation" always underperformed so who knows?

Reply #30 posted 06/07/12 9:29pm

muirdo

thesexofit said:

muirdo said:

I shall be supporting EVERY team that play against England.

It's what we do.

I quite fancy Germany though.

That's in my top 10 goals ever absolute cracker.

Im looking forward to a great tournament....I just hope the minority don't ruin it for the decent fans.

I was raging while watching Panorama the other night.

Fuck the funk - it's time to ditch the worn-out Vegas horns fills, pick up the geee-tar and finally ROCK THE MUTHA-FUCKER!! He hinted at this on Chaos, now it's time to step up and fully DELIVER!!
woot!
KrystleEyes 22/03/05
Reply #31 posted 06/09/12 6:52am

dJJ

dJJ said:

My bet:

Group A ----- Friday June 8

Poland wins from Greece 2-1 1 -1

Tsjech and Russia 1-1 1-4

Group B ----- Saturday June 9

Holland wins from Denmark 2-1

Portugal wins from Germany 3 -2 (I think this will be an exciting game)

Group C ------ Sunday June 10

Italy wins from Spain 3 -2

Ireland wins from Kroatia 1 - 0

Group D ------- Monday June 11

France wins from England 1- 0 (this one is going to be nasty)

Oekrain and Sweden 1 -1

I wasn't quite right.

I'm very excited about tonight's games.

Honestly, I think Holland is not even going to the quarterfinals. But hey, I'll keep the hope up.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #32 posted 06/09/12 6:56am

Phishanga

Dewrede said:

EvilAngel said:

Germany will win and Spain won't make it past the quarter finals. That's all you need to know.

talk to the hand us Dutchies will whoop those krauts' asses lol

falloff

You wish!

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
Reply #33 posted 06/09/12 6:57am

Phishanga

I don't know how many more European or World Championships I can take, though. I'm a fucking nervous wreck. More dead than alive. lol

neutral

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
Reply #34 posted 06/09/12 8:51am

Dewrede

Phishanga said:

Dewrede said:

talk to the hand us Dutchies will whoop those krauts' asses lol

falloff

You wish!

lol We shall see next wednesday (June the 13th)

bored2

We're up against Denmark in 10 minutes excited

[Edited 6/9/12 8:53am]

Reply #35 posted 06/09/12 10:53am

lenis

Dewrede said:

Phishanga said:

falloff

You wish!

lol We shall see next wednesday (June the 13th)

bored2

We're up against Denmark in 10 minutes excited

[Edited 6/9/12 8:53am]

OMG! We (Denmark) actually won!! Nobody saw that coming..

Reply #36 posted 06/09/12 11:18am

Dewrede

^

yeah , congrats

well done , Denmark clapping

Reply #37 posted 06/09/12 3:56pm

dJJ

Dewrede said:

^

yeah , congrats

well done , Denmark clapping

Holland was a mess.

We're nothing without Van der Sar.

Well, we'll just have wednesday, and from then on, I don't have to be ashamed anymore and can openly declare I'm for Germany.

I will support Holland till they´r out of the championship (wednesday), and after that, I can fully support Germany.

I can't be open about my preference in Amsterdam, so I'll just vent it on the org lol

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #38 posted 06/11/12 6:23pm

EvilAngel

dJJ said:

Dewrede said:

^

yeah , congrats

well done , Denmark clapping

Holland was a mess.

We're nothing without Van der Sar.

Well, we'll just have wednesday, and from then on, I don't have to be ashamed anymore and can openly declare I'm for Germany.

I will support Holland till they´r out of the championship (wednesday), and after that, I can fully support Germany.

I can't be open about my preference in Amsterdam, so I'll just vent it on the org lol

Holland has been a mess for some time. Even in 2010 they played liked shit most of the time (only played good 2nd half against Brazil and the match against Uruguay), but still made it to the finals. Seems like right now they're out of luck, but if they would have won 2-1 against Denmark most people who don't know shit about football/soccer wouldn't have complained about the bad play.

"Scorebord journalistiek" seems appropriate here.

[Edited 6/11/12 21:45pm]

Reply #39 posted 06/11/12 9:33pm

muirdo

The Ukraine game last night was really entertaining.

They're looking pretty good

Fuck the funk - it's time to ditch the worn-out Vegas horns fills, pick up the geee-tar and finally ROCK THE MUTHA-FUCKER!! He hinted at this on Chaos, now it's time to step up and fully DELIVER!!
woot!
KrystleEyes 22/03/05
Reply #40 posted 06/12/12 8:06am

RodeoSchro

My son is in Berlin right now. Pretty much every piece of clothing he took has something to do with the German national team, or Bayern Munich.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

Rocket Frog
Reply #41 posted 06/12/12 8:16am

PANDURITO

Hey dJJ comfort

Guessing NONE is as difficult as guessing them all. Congrats thumbs up!

lol

Reply #42 posted 06/12/12 12:51pm

Lisa10

I'll watch the England games because I can't help but get excited by it all. As the competition progresses i'll watch a few of te other games.

One thing I noticed this year is that the England Team are looking a bit more handsome than usual. There are a few pretty boys in there. One even has a double-barrelled name. lol

Reply #43 posted 06/12/12 2:59pm

Dewrede

dJJ said:

Dewrede said:

^

yeah , congrats

well done , Denmark clapping

Holland was a mess.

We're nothing without Van der Sar.

Well, we'll just have wednesday, and from then on, I don't have to be ashamed anymore and can openly declare I'm for Germany.

I will support Holland till they´r out of the championship (wednesday), and after that, I can fully support Germany.

I can't be open about my preference in Amsterdam, so I'll just vent it on the org lol

Such confidence and support

Truly heartwarming rolleyes

[Edited 6/12/12 15:00pm]

Reply #44 posted 06/12/12 3:55pm

Dewrede

This may come in handy tomorrow lol

[Edited 6/12/12 16:00pm]

Reply #45 posted 06/13/12 8:52am

AndGodCreatedMe

PANDURITO said:

Hey dJJ comfort

Guessing NONE is as difficult as guessing them all. Congrats thumbs up!

lol

lol

Reply #46 posted 06/13/12 8:53am

AndGodCreatedMe

Dewrede said:

This may come in handy tomorrow lol

[Edited 6/12/12 16:00pm]

falloff

Reply #47 posted 06/13/12 8:55am

AndGodCreatedMe

Hush now.

We need to check Ronaldo's hair nod I mean it's just football lol

Reply #48 posted 06/13/12 9:42am

dJJ

AndGodCreatedMe said:

PANDURITO said:

Hey dJJ comfort

Guessing NONE is as difficult as guessing them all. Congrats thumbs up!

lol

lol

Yes. I do have a talent for it!

Very excited for the match of tonight.

Holland - Germany.

I have to be very secretive about my love for Germany tonight. boxed

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #49 posted 06/13/12 10:12am

Dewrede

AndGodCreatedMe said:

Hush now.

We need to check Ronaldo's hair nod I mean it's just football lol

lol

Reply #50 posted 06/13/12 12:27pm

RodeoSchro

Super Mario!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

Rocket Frog
Reply #51 posted 06/13/12 12:29pm

JoeTyler

eek OK, Holland SUCKS

and C.Ronaldo best world player???? falloff

tinkerbell
Reply #52 posted 06/13/12 12:40pm

RodeoSchro

JoeTyler said:

eek OK, Holland SUCKS

and C.Ronaldo best world player???? falloff

Messi's the best I've seen but I am a real neophyte soccer fan, so I could certainly be wrong.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

Rocket Frog
Reply #53 posted 06/14/12 3:05am

Phishanga

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
Reply #54 posted 06/14/12 3:07am

Phishanga

dJJ said:

AndGodCreatedMe said:

lol

Yes. I do have a talent for it!

Very excited for the match of tonight.

Holland - Germany.

I have to be very secretive about my love for Germany tonight. boxed

Don't be. We are (mostly) playing very good football with an attack philosophy instead of just defending, not overtly agressive or rude. All good.

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
Reply #55 posted 06/14/12 8:46am

JoeTyler

Phishanga said:

eek

Germany was nailing Holland soooooooooooo hard that Low even had the time to make jokes and chill... lol

tinkerbell
Reply #56 posted 06/15/12 8:45am

dJJ

Holland is soooooooooo out of it.

Well, I did score though innocent

Had a very fun and playful night.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #57 posted 06/15/12 8:46am

dJJ

JoeTyler said:

Phishanga said:

eek

Germany was nailing Holland soooooooooooo hard that Low even had the time to make jokes and chill... lol

A German guy with humour. It was a wild night, indeed.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #58 posted 06/15/12 9:03am

AndGodCreatedMe

1-0 nod

Reply #59 posted 06/15/12 9:06am

AndGodCreatedMe

Holy...end of the game sofar

Reply #60 posted 06/15/12 11:22am

Shanti0608

Come on England!

Reply #61 posted 06/15/12 11:43am

AndGodCreatedMe

Shanti0608 said:

Come on England!

hug

Reply #62 posted 06/15/12 11:47am

Shanti0608

AndGodCreatedMe said:

Shanti0608 said:

Come on England!

hug

hug Hi sexy lady!

Reply #63 posted 06/15/12 11:49am

dJJ

England will be fine

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #64 posted 06/15/12 12:16pm

AndGodCreatedMe

Shanti0608 said:

AndGodCreatedMe said:

hug

hug Hi sexy lady!

kotc

I made a bet 1-1 boxed

(pls do not let Phil read this lol)

Reply #65 posted 06/15/12 1:23pm

Shanti0608

AndGodCreatedMe said:

Shanti0608 said:

hug Hi sexy lady!

kotc

I made a bet 1-1 boxed

(pls do not let Phil read this lol)

I won't say a word especially now that it is not going to end 1-1

giggle

Reply #66 posted 06/15/12 1:50pm

catpark

dJJ said:

England will be fine

Yuck

---------------------------------------------

Yum

FUNKNROLL! dancing jig "February 2014, wow". 'dre. nod
Reply #67 posted 06/15/12 1:52pm

catpark

Yesss we won!

Arsenal's Theo Walcott turned the game, yeah hes the man biggrin

[Edited 6/15/12 14:02pm]

FUNKNROLL! dancing jig "February 2014, wow". 'dre. nod
Reply #68 posted 06/17/12 7:42am

dJJ

We all know that tonight Holland is going to teach the Portugese how to play football.

They will win with at least 2 points difference and proceed to the next poule.

I thin it's going to be 4-1 , Holland 4 and Portugal 1.

And we all know I'm very good at predicting the outcome of the games. biggrin

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #69 posted 06/18/12 3:28am

PREDOMINANT

dJJ said:

We all know that tonight Holland is going to teach the Portugese how to play football.

They will win with at least 2 points difference and proceed to the next poule.

I thin it's going to be 4-1 , Holland 4 and Portugal 1.

And we all know I'm very good at predicting the outcome of the games. biggrin

Watched last night cheering on the boys in Orange, it was like watching England, all that fantastic talent but so poor as a team. To make matters worse I had to watch that [Racial slur - luv4u] get two goals.

Happy is he who finds out the causes for things.Virgil (70-19 BC). Virgil was such a lying bastard!
Reply #70 posted 06/18/12 4:07am

AndGodCreatedMe

PREDOMINANT said:

dJJ said:

We all know that tonight Holland is going to teach the Portugese how to play football.

They will win with at least 2 points difference and proceed to the next poule.

I thin it's going to be 4-1 , Holland 4 and Portugal 1.

And we all know I'm very good at predicting the outcome of the games. biggrin

Watched last night cheering on the boys in Orange, it was like watching England, all that fantastic talent but so poor as a team. To make matters worse I had to watch that [Racial slur - luv4u] get two goals.

nod

Although I would not say [Slur snip - luv4u] lol more anoying football player with an awful attitude (and a great hairdresser) and over paid.

sp edit

[Edited 6/18/12 4:11am]

Reply #71 posted 06/18/12 4:19am

PREDOMINANT

AndGodCreatedMe said:

PREDOMINANT said:

Watched last night cheering on the boys in Orange, it was like watching England, all that fantastic talent but so poor as a team. To make matters worse I had to watch that [Racial slur - luv4u] get two goals.

nod

Although I would not say [Snip - luv4u] lol more anoying football player with an awful attitude (and a great hairdresser) and over paid.

sp edit

[Edited 6/18/12 4:11am]

Ok, so I went a little far with my racial slur. Makes me mad that boy. How is the mood in dutchland today?

Happy is he who finds out the causes for things.Virgil (70-19 BC). Virgil was such a lying bastard!
Reply #72 posted 06/18/12 5:14am

AndGodCreatedMe

PREDOMINANT said:

AndGodCreatedMe said:

nod

Although I would not say [Snip - luv4u] lol more anoying football player with an awful attitude (and a great hairdresser) and over paid.

sp edit

[Edited 6/18/12 4:11am]

Ok, so I went a little far with my racial slur. Makes me mad that boy. How is the mood in dutchland today?

Disappointed and the media is trying to pick someone out who to blame rolleyes (but I am glad that all the orange flags, and what not, is disappearing in our neighbourhood)

Reply #73 posted 06/18/12 2:59pm

dJJ

AndGodCreatedMe said:

PREDOMINANT said:

Ok, so I went a little far with my racial slur. Makes me mad that boy. How is the mood in dutchland today?

Disappointed and the media is trying to pick someone out who to blame rolleyes (but I am glad that all the orange flags, and what not, is disappearing in our neighbourhood)

I watched the game with my English neighbour. He tried to hide his pleasure about Holland getting their ass kicked. He didn't manage fully though. lol

I'm not sure who you are talking about, and who got the blame. I think Holland just wasn't very good.

And that's the general idea here. Media is not blaming one person. Media analysis is that there was no teamspirit. It was a bunch of big ego's not playing the way they can. There are top players in our team, and this outcome is ridicilous for their talent and skills.

The coach is getting a lot of SH**, eeh, negative feedback, about the way he formed the team. I think he is responsible for the lack of teamspirit. He favored Van Bommel. He should not have done that.

There's not much to say about it. The Dutch team just wasn't very good. And everybody could see that.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #74 posted 06/19/12 3:33pm

thesexofit

England did the bare minimum and topped the group LOL. Ukraine had more possession and let in an atrocious goal.

Having said that, their dissalowed goal did clearly cross the line. And the assistant standing on the touchline clearly saw it and still did not give Ukraine the goal LOL.

Cant wait to see Ballitelli on Sunday when England face Italy. We will probably lose but it should be a fun game.

Sweden surprised me by beating France 2-0 tonight.

Reply #75 posted 06/20/12 4:47am

SquirrelMeat

thesexofit said:

England did the bare minimum and topped the group LOL. Ukraine had more possession and let in an atrocious goal.

Having said that, their dissalowed goal did clearly cross the line. And the assistant standing on the touchline clearly saw it and still did not give Ukraine the goal LOL.

I find it facinating how this is reported outside of the UK.

Yes, it clearly crossed the line, but the replay clearly shows the long ball in should have been offside, something most reports seem to leave out.

And now everyone is calling for goal line technology, including Sept Blatter today, yet there were very few voices calling for it when Frank Lampards non goal against Germany crossed the line in the world cup.

Just seems to be the usual anti English brigade, rather than a reporting of the facts. Its just sour grapes. The results over three matches tell the story.

Still bemused how the touch line official didn't see it! lol

.
Reply #76 posted 06/20/12 6:11pm

dJJ

I don't think it's anti English.

I think that by these kind of incidents, it's getting very clear that players, referees and their assistents get bribed.

And that still doesn't get researched intensively.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #77 posted 06/20/12 6:23pm

EvilAngel

dJJ said:

I don't think it's anti English.

I think that by these kind of incidents, it's getting very clear that players, referees and their assistents get bribed.

And that still doesn't get researched intensively.

I don't think this one was a clear example of bribery. All of this happened so fast, no replay, no slow motion footage, pretty much impossible to call with certainty. The ball not landing on the ground and the defender swinging his leg make it so much harder. Anyone who thinks it's that easy to see should referee a few amateur matches on the weekends. Most people have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

Reply #78 posted 06/22/12 2:26pm

Tremolina

Okay, yah...

So who will win the championship??

Germany and Portugal have reached the semi finals by now. The two survivors of the 'group of death' respectively beat Greece and Chech republic with a strong performance.

Tomorrow Spain vs. France and then England vs. Italy. Two major classics I am looking forward to see.

I think Italy will beat England and France will beat Spain. Then Portugal will play France in the 1st semi and Germany vs Italy in the 2nd.

Final: Germany 2 - Portugal 0

Reply #79 posted 06/22/12 3:45pm

EvilAngel

Tremolina said:

Okay, yah...

So who will win the championship??

Germany and Portugal have reached the semi finals by now. The two survivors of the 'group of death' respectively beat Greece and Chech republic with a strong performance.

Tomorrow Spain vs. France and then England vs. Italy. Two major classics I am looking forward to see.

I think Italy will beat England and France will beat Spain. Then Portugal will play France in the 1st semi and Germany vs Italy in the 2nd.

Final: Germany 2 - Portugal 0

Not sure which other team will make it to the finals, but I think Germany will win and as I said before, Spain will not win the cup again.

Reply #80 posted 06/22/12 8:15pm

RodeoSchro

When Germany held out Gomez and Muller, I was like WTF?!?

But they absolutely DOMINATED Greece, and the big guys didn't have to break much of a sweat.

Go Germany!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

Rocket Frog
Reply #81 posted 06/23/12 2:09am

Dewrede

I'm rooting for England woot!

Reply #82 posted 06/23/12 2:10am

Dewrede

Dewrede said:

EvilAngel said:

Germany will win and Spain won't make it past the quarter finals. That's all you need to know.

talk to the hand us Dutchies will whoop those krauts' asses lol

oh how wrong i was redface lol

they were an embarrassment

Reply #83 posted 06/23/12 2:52am

EvilAngel

RodeoSchro said:

When Germany held out Gomez and Muller, I was like WTF?!?

But they absolutely DOMINATED Greece, and the big guys didn't have to break much of a sweat.

Go Germany!

So you really thought Greece stood a change against them? neutral

Reply #84 posted 06/23/12 3:02am

EvilAngel

Dewrede said:

Dewrede said:

talk to the hand us Dutchies will whoop those krauts' asses lol

oh how wrong i was redface lol

they were an embarrassment

We were all hoping for something magical to happen, devine intervention if you will, but Holland is out of luck. They were very lucky 2 years ago, but now they have to face reality. I have to say that Holland is a great example of why the FIFA world ranking should be taken with a grain of salt. I believe back in August or September of 2011 they were ranked #1. The team nor their play really changed that much, they just faced better opponents.

Reply #85 posted 06/23/12 3:08am

Dewrede

^

nod sad but true

Reply #86 posted 06/23/12 5:10am

Shanti0608

Dewrede said:

I'm rooting for England woot!

Me too!

biggrin

Reply #87 posted 06/23/12 5:38am

RodeoSchro

EvilAngel said:

RodeoSchro said:

When Germany held out Gomez and Muller, I was like WTF?!?

But they absolutely DOMINATED Greece, and the big guys didn't have to break much of a sweat.

Go Germany!

So you really thought Greece stood a change against them? neutral

I'm a very new fan to soccer/football. I didn't think they did based on what I'd watched, but then again they made it out of their group, so I figured anything could happen.

But as it happily turned out, Greece really didn't have much of a chance.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

Rocket Frog
Reply #88 posted 06/23/12 6:50am

Dewrede

Shanti0608 said:

Dewrede said:

I'm rooting for England woot!

Me too!

biggrin

not surprising smile

how have you been ? peace!

Reply #89 posted 06/23/12 10:30am

dJJ

Tremolina said:

Okay, yah...

So who will win the championship??

Germany and Portugal have reached the semi finals by now. The two survivors of the 'group of death' respectively beat Greece and Chech republic with a strong performance.

Tomorrow Spain vs. France and then England vs. Italy. Two major classics I am looking forward to see.

I think Italy will beat England and France will beat Spain. Then Portugal will play France in the 1st semi and Germany vs Italy in the 2nd.

Final: Germany 2 - Portugal 0

Well, hello there, long time no see!

My bet is Germany - England finale.

No idea who is going to win this one. It will be very exciting though.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #90 posted 06/23/12 10:46am

Phishanga

dJJ said:

Tremolina said:

Okay, yah...

So who will win the championship??

Germany and Portugal have reached the semi finals by now. The two survivors of the 'group of death' respectively beat Greece and Chech republic with a strong performance.

Tomorrow Spain vs. France and then England vs. Italy. Two major classics I am looking forward to see.

I think Italy will beat England and France will beat Spain. Then Portugal will play France in the 1st semi and Germany vs Italy in the 2nd.

Final: Germany 2 - Portugal 0

Well, hello there, long time no see!

My bet is Germany - England finale.

No idea who is going to win this one. It will be very exciting though.

Not possible, because if England wins their quarter-finale against Italy, they will face Germany in the semi-finale. If England makes it to the finale (which is quite frankly impossible, because see above lol ), they would play against either Spain, France oder Portugal.

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
Reply #91 posted 06/23/12 11:40am

dJJ

Phishanga said:

dJJ said:

Well, hello there, long time no see!

My bet is Germany - England finale.

No idea who is going to win this one. It will be very exciting though.

Not possible, because if England wins their quarter-finale against Italy, they will face Germany in the semi-finale. If England makes it to the finale (which is quite frankly impossible, because see above lol ), they would play against either Spain, France oder Portugal.

hahaha, sorry.

Have not been paying attention since Holland is out.

England beats those tiny Italian asses without apparent effort lol

Howeve, the Germans will kick the English.

So, then it's Germany or one of the southern Europeans. Well, Portugal probably will go to the finale, because they know how to fall theatrically and irritate their opponent until nobody can concentrate anymore. And while these 10 Portugese are being irritating there's one who plays and makes sure the team wins lol

I hope not, I'm still backing Germany

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #92 posted 06/23/12 12:42pm

RicoN

Not good enough from France so far

Reply #93 posted 06/24/12 2:28pm

Dewrede

damn , England's out sad

[Edited 6/24/12 14:29pm]

Reply #94 posted 06/24/12 2:52pm

RicoN

absolutely shite... 4-4-2 against Pirlo? you're having a laugh Roy...

Reply #95 posted 06/24/12 3:21pm

RodeoSchro

England did NOT look good, IMO.

Spain v. Portugal is going to be epic.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

Rocket Frog
Reply #96 posted 06/25/12 5:57am

dJJ

RodeoSchro said:

England did NOT look good, IMO.

Spain v. Portugal is going to be epic.

I hope Spain wins.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #97 posted 06/25/12 7:07am

SquirrelMeat

Much as I hate to see England go out, the best team won. Italy played with much more conviction.

England have a great defence, but up front they are seriously lacking. Rooney was a shadow of ihs former self.

I really hope Roy goes with youth now. Time to rebuild.

Semi Finals look tasty though.

Come on Germany. The team are looking good.

.
Reply #98 posted 06/25/12 7:19am

Lianachan

Finally England's seemingly endless supply of four leaf clovers and rabbits' feet ends and they are out. Astonishing that it went to penalties, as they could easily have lost 5 or 6 - 0. Hopefully Germany will beat Italy this time, not something they've been good at in the past.

Reply #99 posted 06/25/12 7:51am

SquirrelMeat

Lianachan said:

Finally England's seemingly endless supply of four leaf clovers and rabbits' feet ends and they are out. Astonishing that it went to penalties, as they could easily have lost 5 or 6 - 0.

The harder the England defence seemed to work, the "luckier" they became. Strange that.

Italy could have won 5 or 6 nil? They couldn't muster one goal. All those "lucky" defenders legs kept getting in the way.

.
Reply #100 posted 06/25/12 8:06am

Lianachan

SquirrelMeat said:

Lianachan said:

Finally England's seemingly endless supply of four leaf clovers and rabbits' feet ends and they are out. Astonishing that it went to penalties, as they could easily have lost 5 or 6 - 0.

The harder the England defence seemed to work, the "luckier" they became. Strange that.

Italy could have won 5 or 6 nil? They couldn't muster one goal. All those "lucky" defenders legs kept getting in the way.

I wasn't just talking about that match, I was talking about their performances throught Euro 2012.

Reply #101 posted 06/25/12 12:20pm

Phishanga

Germany - Italy, that's the ultimate classic for a German football fan. eek I could pee my pants right, that's how nervous I get thinking about the game, but I'm also confident. We have never won against Italy in a championship but the time is now. I KNOW they haven't shown all they can just yet. They will RUN, I tell you. RUN. eek

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
Reply #102 posted 06/25/12 12:41pm

Lisa10

lol

Reply #103 posted 06/25/12 1:11pm

JoeTyler

it's kinda sad watching the Terry-Carragher-Ferdinand-A.Cole-Gerrard-Lampard-Rooney-etc generation fading away without having done something remarkable...

what a waste disbelief

06-12 England = toilet

[Edited 6/25/12 13:12pm]

tinkerbell
Reply #104 posted 06/25/12 1:15pm

JoeTyler

Phishanga said:

Germany - Italy, that's the ultimate classic for a German football fan. eek I could pee my pants right, that's how nervous I get thinking about the game, but I'm also confident. We have never won against Italy in a championship but the time is now. I KNOW they haven't shown all they can just yet. They will RUN, I tell you. RUN. eek

Germany would have OBLITERATED England, lol, I'm talking about a 4-1, easily...

this Italy'12 hasn't many stars (other than Pirlo, Buffon and Ballotelli) but damn, they play as a team...

tinkerbell
Reply #105 posted 06/25/12 1:30pm

RicoN

JoeTyler said:

it's kinda sad watching the Terry-Carragher-Ferdinand-A.Cole-Gerrard-Lampard-Rooney-etc generation fading away without having done something remarkable...

what a waste disbelief

06-12 England = toilet

[Edited 6/25/12 13:12pm]

hah! Carragher!!!!

Reply #106 posted 06/25/12 1:37pm

JoeTyler

RicoN said:

JoeTyler said:

it's kinda sad watching the Terry-Carragher-Ferdinand-A.Cole-Gerrard-Lampard-Rooney-etc generation fading away without having done something remarkable...

what a waste disbelief

06-12 England = toilet

[Edited 6/25/12 13:12pm]

hah! Carragher!!!!

lol, what?

tinkerbell
Reply #107 posted 06/25/12 1:44pm

Phishanga

JoeTyler said:

Phishanga said:

Germany - Italy, that's the ultimate classic for a German football fan. eek I could pee my pants right, that's how nervous I get thinking about the game, but I'm also confident. We have never won against Italy in a championship but the time is now. I KNOW they haven't shown all they can just yet. They will RUN, I tell you. RUN. eek

Germany would have OBLITERATED England, lol, I'm talking about a 4-1, easily...

this Italy'12 hasn't many stars (other than Pirlo, Buffon and Ballotelli) but damn, they play as a team...

True! Which is why I think it will be a very close one.

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
Reply #108 posted 06/25/12 1:55pm

RicoN

JoeTyler said:

RicoN said:

hah! Carragher!!!!

lol, what?

you can't put his name up there with those players, he was average at best

Reply #109 posted 06/25/12 2:13pm

dJJ

Phishanga said:

JoeTyler said:

Germany would have OBLITERATED England, lol, I'm talking about a 4-1, easily...

this Italy'12 hasn't many stars (other than Pirlo, Buffon and Ballotelli) but damn, they play as a team...

True! Which is why I think it will be a very close one.

I really think Germany is going to win. So, prepare for celebration wink

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
Reply #110 posted 06/25/12 2:18pm

JoeTyler

RicoN said:

JoeTyler said:

lol, what?

you can't put his name up there with those players, he was average at best

he was on fire back in 04-07...after that he fizzled, that's true...

tinkerbell
Reply #111 posted 06/25/12 2:22pm

Phishanga

dJJ said:

Phishanga said:

True! Which is why I think it will be a very close one.

I really think Germany is going to win. So, prepare for celebration wink

beg

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
Reply #112 posted 06/27/12 11:42am

Phishanga

Portugal or Spain?

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
Reply #113 posted 06/27/12 11:56am

RicoN

Phishanga said:

Portugal or Spain?

i've gone 2-1 spain in the predictions league at work

Reply #114 posted 06/27/12 12:04pm

Phishanga

RicoN said:

Phishanga said:

Portugal or Spain?

i've gone 2-1 spain in the predictions league at work

Me too. Big chance for Spain already, but Portugal is not looking too bad.

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
Reply #115 posted 06/27/12 12:45pm

RicoN

Phishanga said:

RicoN said:

i've gone 2-1 spain in the predictions league at work

Me too. Big chance for Spain already, but Portugal is not looking too bad.

judging by the fist half portugal might just nick this one

Reply #116 posted 06/27/12 12:45pm

RicoN

Phishanga said:

RicoN said:

i've gone 2-1 spain in the predictions league at work

Me too. Big chance for Spain already, but Portugal is not looking too bad.

judging by the fist half portugal might just nick this one

Reply #117 posted 06/27/12 3:42pm

thesexofit

Damn it LOL, I wanted Portugal to win. Very boring match after 30 minutes (same with Italy and England LOL).

Who 'd you fancy for Germany and Italy then?

Odds are on Germany obviously. And it seems Spain can come undone if you actually go out and attack them a little bit, which is something England should of done against Italy mad. That means if Germany beat Italy, my money is on them.

[Edited 6/27/12 21:53pm]

Reply #118 posted 06/28/12 11:32am

RodeoSchro

Let's go, Germany!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

Rocket Frog
Reply #119 posted 06/28/12 7:06pm

JoeTyler

Italy has done it again

they truly know how to play football, since the 30s... flawless defense, deadly strikers...Germany wasn't bad though, but the italian defense was pitch-perfect...the german goal during the last minutes was irrelevant...

right now I'm betting on a tense Spain 1 - 0 Italy...or penalties...

tinkerbell
Reply #120 posted 06/29/12 8:00am

SquirrelMeat

Well done Italy, and well played too.

From a neutral persepective, they are a lot more entertaining that Spain. Spains tippy tappy, no striker appoach has been boring.

.
Reply #121 posted 06/29/12 8:29am

RodeoSchro

JoeTyler said:

Italy has done it again

they truly know how to play football, since the 30s... flawless defense, deadly strikers...Germany wasn't bad though, but the italian defense was pitch-perfect...the german goal during the last minutes was irrelevant...

right now I'm betting on a tense Spain 1 - 0 Italy...or penalties...

Agree. Italy deserved the win.

One of the post-match commentators said German was over-coached. I don't know if that's right, but they did look out of sorts. I don't think Gomez touched the ball a half-dozen times.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

Rocket Frog
Reply #122 posted 06/29/12 12:57pm

Phishanga

RodeoSchro said:

JoeTyler said:

Italy has done it again

they truly know how to play football, since the 30s... flawless defense, deadly strikers...Germany wasn't bad though, but the italian defense was pitch-perfect...the german goal during the last minutes was irrelevant...

right now I'm betting on a tense Spain 1 - 0 Italy...or penalties...

Agree. Italy deserved the win.

One of the post-match commentators said German was over-coached. I don't know if that's right, but they did look out of sorts. I don't think Gomez touched the ball a half-dozen times.

I think that's more or less the opinion here. All of Löw's decisions before worked - this time, they didn't. Of course one can't know, but everyone thinks that the team from the game against Greece would have performed better. Just look at the energy Reus brought when he joined in the second half. Also, they said before the game, that they wouldn't adapt to the opponent too much instead playing their own style. But the changes in the team clearly showed they didn't. Still, I like our team so much, they're just great.

Yesterday wasn't my favorite day, though. confused

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
Reply #123 posted 06/29/12 1:36pm

GoldDolphin

Phishanga said:

RodeoSchro said:

Agree. Italy deserved the win.

One of the post-match commentators said German was over-coached. I don't know if that's right, but they did look out of sorts. I don't think Gomez touched the ball a half-dozen times.

I think that's more or less the opinion here. All of Löw's decisions before worked - this time, they didn't. Of course one can't know, but everyone thinks that the team from the game against Greece would have performed better. Just look at the energy Reus brought when he joined in the second half. Also, they said before the game, that they wouldn't adapt to the opponent too much instead playing their own style. But the changes in the team clearly showed they didn't. Still, I like our team so much, they're just great.

Yesterday wasn't my favorite day, though. confused

Yesterday was one of the few times that I actually enjoyed watching Italy, I dont favor tactic teams such as Italy. Super Mario did a great job yesterday tho, but on the second half Germany dominated and could have easily taken the game to extra time, because Hummels missed a clear goal. It will be a hard game on sunday, it could go both ways. But since I'm going for spain, I hope they will win despite them playing awful this year lol. It's like spain has changed to Italys 2006 world cup team /very tactic and boring. If Torres plays there's a big chance Spain wins this or perhaps they'll go to penalties. However it all depends if Spain has the will to win the game, because they look kinda tired and uninterested but we shall see.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace -Jimi Hendrix
Reply #124 posted 06/29/12 2:06pm

Tremolina

Italy clearly outplayed Germany. The 'squadra azurra' have played the most attractive game and have grown the most in the tournament of all, as a team and in quality. It's almost as if the Italians need bribery scandals in order to prove that they are really good...

Pirlo, in my opinion has to be crowned best player of the tournament. So far he has played near flawless, controlling the midfield and throwing terrific passes anywhere, with such a magnificent technique, flair and oversight. His 'panenka' penalty against the English was a testimony of his superior class and self assurance. He oversees everything and can seemingly do anything. Amazing!

I really liked the German team too tho'. I really thought they had the best team, mentality, talent and tactics. But I guess they and everybody else were too assured of their chances of succes too soon already. Arrogance and assumption is a bitch.

Portugal by the way deserved to win against Spain, but since I am Dutch I do not feel sorry for them at all... lol

In the finals I will be supporting ...

ITALY woot!

Reply #125 posted 06/29/12 2:12pm

GoldDolphin

Tremolina said:

Italy clearly outplayed Germany. The 'squadra azurra' have played the most attractive game and have grown the most in the tournament of all, as a team and in quality. It's almost as if the Italians need bribery scandals in order to prove that they are really good...

Pirlo, in my opinion has to be crowned best player of the tournament. So far he has played near flawless, controlling the midfield and throwing terrific passes anywhere, with such a magnificent technique, flair and oversight. His 'panenka' penalty against the English was a testimony of his superior class and self assurance. He oversees everything and can seemingly do anything. Amazing!

I really liked the German team too tho'. I really thought they had the best team, mentality, talent and tactics. But I guess they and everybody else were too assured of their chances of succes too soon already. Arrogance and assumption is a bitch.

Portugal by the way deserved to win against Spain, but since I am Dutch I do not feel sorry for them at all... lol

In the finals I will be supporting ...

ITALY woot!

They overplayed them in the first half, Germany controlled the second half. I agree with you, they have played pretty good this tournament which is a BIG surprise. They usually play so boring. Pirlo has played exceptional.

I wish the Germans could have won, it's time they win something big lol. They got a good team but the problem with germans is that they rarely play good in semi-finals & finals, just look at what happened to Bayern Munchen.

I hope Spain wins even tho I'm swedish biggrin.... Viva Espana cool

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace -Jimi Hendrix
Reply #126 posted 06/29/12 2:19pm

Tremolina

GoldDolphin said:

Tremolina said:

Italy clearly outplayed Germany. The 'squadra azurra' have played the most attractive game and have grown the most in the tournament of all, as a team and in quality. It's almost as if the Italians need bribery scandals in order to prove that they are really good...

Pirlo, in my opinion has to be crowned best player of the tournament. So far he has played near flawless, controlling the midfield and throwing terrific passes anywhere, with such a magnificent technique, flair and oversight. His 'panenka' penalty against the English was a testimony of his superior class and self assurance. He oversees everything and can seemingly do anything. Amazing!

I really liked the German team too tho'. I really thought they had the best team, mentality, talent and tactics. But I guess they and everybody else were too assured of their chances of succes too soon already. Arrogance and assumption is a bitch.

Portugal by the way deserved to win against Spain, but since I am Dutch I do not feel sorry for them at all... lol

In the finals I will be supporting ...

ITALY woot!

They overplayed them in the first half, Germany controlled the second half. I agree with you, they have played pretty good this tournament which is a BIG surprise. They usually play so boring. Pirlo has played exceptional.

I wish the Germans could have won, it's time they win something big lol. They got a good team but the problem with germans is that they rarely play good in semi-finals & finals, just look at what happened to Bayern Munchen.

I hope Spain wins even tho I'm swedish biggrin.... Viva Espana cool

They hardly created any real chances, but they did fight untill the very last bitter seconds. Like the Germans always do. And which is admirable, tho' I could not help but also think of the place where it all happened.

The Germans, Italians and Brazilians, if I am not mistaken, are the best tournament players in the world. However, in 8 world and euro cup encounters, the Germans have NEVER been able to beat Italy...

I love Spain, but this team... no lo quiero... They play a boring game and aren't as strong as they used to be.

Italy on the other hand... biggrin

Reply #127 posted 06/29/12 2:21pm

JoeTyler

GoldDolphin said:

Phishanga said:

I think that's more or less the opinion here. All of Löw's decisions before worked - this time, they didn't. Of course one can't know, but everyone thinks that the team from the game against Greece would have performed better. Just look at the energy Reus brought when he joined in the second half. Also, they said before the game, that they wouldn't adapt to the opponent too much instead playing their own style. But the changes in the team clearly showed they didn't. Still, I like our team so much, they're just great.

Yesterday wasn't my favorite day, though. confused

Yesterday was one of the few times that I actually enjoyed watching Italy, I dont favor tactic teams such as Italy. Super Mario did a great job yesterday tho, but on the second half Germany dominated and could have easily taken the game to extra time, because Hummels missed a clear goal. It will be a hard game on sunday, it could go both ways. But since I'm going for spain, I hope they will win despite them playing awful this year lol. It's like spain has changed to Italys 2006 world cup team /very tactic and boring. If Torres plays there's a big chance Spain wins this or perhaps they'll go to penalties. However it all depends if Spain has the will to win the game, because they look kinda tired and uninterested but we shall see.

I don't know if it's overconfidence, excellence, fatigue, or the "tired of winning" syndrome, but Spain truly plays like a bunch of old friends who could win any match even if they didn't want to lol they play with that bored2 talk to the hand attitude, as if they were thinking "nah, we'll play seriously in the final, let's rest for now"... lol

can't wait for Sunday, it will be an epic game I'm sure, Italy will give it all and Spain will be forced to act accordingly...

[Edited 6/29/12 14:22pm]

tinkerbell
Reply #128 posted 07/01/12 11:15am

catpark

Come on Italy!

FUNKNROLL! dancing jig "February 2014, wow". 'dre. nod
Reply #129 posted 07/01/12 1:38pm

PANDURITO

mr.green

Reply #130 posted 07/01/12 1:39pm

PANDURITO

EvilAngel said:

Germany will win and Spain won't make it past the quarter finals. That's all you need to know.

mr.green

Reply #131 posted 07/01/12 2:36pm

Phishanga

Holy crap! 4:0... eek

Well-deserved win for Spain!

Hey loudmouth, shut the fuck up, right?
Reply #132 posted 07/01/12 3:08pm

GoldDolphin

Good to know I was right lol, Spain wanted to play today and gave their all today! I'm so happy, campeones!!!! They played beautifully like we are used to see Spain playing. It was fast, very skilled and enjoyable moments. It would had probably been 5-0 if that dumb referee would have seen that clear hands lol. Over all you can't compete with Spain when they want to play and win, first team in history to win 3 championships in 4 years. European winners 08, world cup winners 10, and now winners again 12!!! Gracias Espana smile
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace -Jimi Hendrix
Reply #133 posted 07/01/12 4:02pm

JoeTyler

PANDURITO said:

EvilAngel said:

Germany will win and Spain won't make it past the quarter finals. That's all you need to know.

mr.green

I laughed already when I read that a month ago lol

tinkerbell
Reply #134 posted 07/01/12 4:08pm

JoeTyler

GoldDolphin said:

Good to know I was right lol, Spain wanted to play today and gave their all today! I'm so happy, campeones!!!! They played beautifully like we are used to see Spain playing. It was fast, very skilled and enjoyable moments. It would had probably been 5-0 if that dumb referee would have seen that clear hands lol. Over all you can't compete with Spain when they want to play and win, first team in history to win 3 championships in 4 years. European winners 08, world cup winners 10, and now winners again 12!!! Gracias Espana smile

yep, as I predicted, the 08-10 Spain reappeared tonight; the quarter/semifinals were just the "warm-up"...

best team I've seen since France'98...

the italian defense was pretty weak anyway...perhaps they were tired...

tinkerbell
Reply #135 posted 07/01/12 11:35pm

AndGodCreatedMe

PANDURITO said:

mr.green

clapping well done Spain nod

Reply #136 posted 07/02/12 8:56am

GoldDolphin

JoeTyler said:

GoldDolphin said:

Good to know I was right lol, Spain wanted to play today and gave their all today! I'm so happy, campeones!!!! They played beautifully like we are used to see Spain playing. It was fast, very skilled and enjoyable moments. It would had probably been 5-0 if that dumb referee would have seen that clear hands lol. Over all you can't compete with Spain when they want to play and win, first team in history to win 3 championships in 4 years. European winners 08, world cup winners 10, and now winners again 12!!! Gracias Espana smile

yep, as I predicted, the 08-10 Spain reappeared tonight; the quarter/semifinals were just the "warm-up"...

best team I've seen since France'98...

the italian defense was pretty weak anyway...perhaps they were tired...

Exactly, that's what I kept telling everyone. Theyre amazing, this team is unstoppable becuase they have so many players. biggrin biggrin

I dont know, but I personally think that the spaniards are faster and more skilled which eventually made the italians extremly tired. Very few teams in Europe can deal with a high tempo and skilled players, had it been Argentina or Brazil - the game would not have been the same because brazilians & argentineans are more technicallly skilled and faster.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace -Jimi Hendrix
Reply #137 posted 07/03/12 5:47pm

EvilAngel

GoldDolphin said:

JoeTyler said:

yep, as I predicted, the 08-10 Spain reappeared tonight; the quarter/semifinals were just the "warm-up"...

best team I've seen since France'98...

the italian defense was pretty weak anyway...perhaps they were tired...

Exactly, that's what I kept telling everyone. Theyre amazing, this team is unstoppable becuase they have so many players. biggrin biggrin

I dont know, but I personally think that the spaniards are faster and more skilled which eventually made the italians extremly tired. Very few teams in Europe can deal with a high tempo and skilled players, had it been Argentina or Brazil - the game would not have been the same because brazilians & argentineans are more technicallly skilled and faster.

Well, every game is different anyway.

I haven't been impressed by an Argentinian team for a long ass time.

I think Italy was very naive to play that offensive, especially when in recent matches Spain had a hard time playing against defensive teams. If you're going to ask yourself why Spain played so much better in the finals than they'd done in previous weeks, you have to look at what the difference was. Well, IMO, the biggest difference was that they were facing an offensive team which gave them the space they needed.

Anyway, very impressive streak by Spain. I doubt I'll ever witness a country win three major titles in 4 years again.

Reply #138 posted 07/04/12 7:44am

JoeTyler

EvilAngel said:

GoldDolphin said:

Exactly, that's what I kept telling everyone. Theyre amazing, this team is unstoppable becuase they have so many players. biggrin biggrin

I dont know, but I personally think that the spaniards are faster and more skilled which eventually made the italians extremly tired. Very few teams in Europe can deal with a high tempo and skilled players, had it been Argentina or Brazil - the game would not have been the same because brazilians & argentineans are more technicallly skilled and faster.

Well, every game is different anyway.

I haven't been impressed by an Argentinian team for a long ass time.

I think Italy was very naive to play that offensive, especially when in recent matches Spain had a hard time playing against defensive teams. If you're going to ask yourself why Spain played so much better in the finals than they'd done in previous weeks, you have to look at what the difference was. Well, IMO, the biggest difference was that they were facing an offensive team which gave them the space they needed.

Anyway, very impressive streak by Spain. I doubt I'll ever witness a country win three major titles in 4 years again.

and the World Cup of Brazil'14 is just around the corner...

Brazil, Germany, Italy, or the argentinian team of Leo Messi will have to give it all to dethrone Spain, considering that players like Torres, Mata, Silva, Busquets, Iniesta, Cesc, Pique, Alba, Ramos, etc. are still young, and Casillas, Xavi and Del Bosque will be there as well, as the "can do no wrong" veterans/leaders...

can't wait for 2014...

tinkerbell

URL: http://prince.org/msg/100/382259

Date printed: Sun 21st Dec 2014 4:37pm PST