independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 17th Nov 2018 6:10pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > General Discussion > I feel fatter... but I've recently lost weight?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/05/11 2:07pm

TeenPr1nceChic
k

avatar

I feel fatter... but I've recently lost weight?

Hey all. So I'm 5'7 and used to weigh 144 lbs. Thanks to a little more exercise and a stomach bug, I lost 12 lbs since july of last year. Before, I wasn't really self-conscious about my body, but now that I've lost the weight, I feel fatter. Does this make any sense? hmm

"For what it's worth, you're somewhere here on Earth..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/05/11 2:12pm

IamFunkay7

TeenPr1nceChick said:

Hey all. So I'm 5'7 and used to weigh 144 lbs. Thanks to a little more exercise and a stomach bug, I lost 12 lbs since july of last year. Before, I wasn't really self-conscious about my body, but now that I've lost the weight, I feel fatter. Does this make any sense? hmm

Well depending on how you lost weight, if you feel like you are fatter, maybe its that you lost muscle and gain fat, but if now its a mental thing.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/05/11 3:44pm

veronikka

Are you done losing weight? if you are still losing weight, you may be concentrating more on what you need to still lose and not at what you have lost.

Rhythm floods my heart♥The melody it feeds my soul
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/05/11 3:48pm

TeenPr1nceChic
k

avatar

veronikka said:

Are you done losing weight? if you are still losing weight, you may be concentrating more on what you need to still lose and not at what you have lost.

I've stayed at my current weight for a month or two now. I never really intended on losing much, I just started exercising more because I felt out of shape... I don't think I'm going to be losing any more.

"For what it's worth, you're somewhere here on Earth..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/05/11 4:44pm

nursev

I need to lose some pounds too lol Goodluck with it Teen razz

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/05/11 5:24pm

bboy87

avatar

I'm the same height and I've always been in the 140-150 area but I'm 175 now due to laziness and eating junk food lol I'm on a diet now and have completely cut out junk food and eating more vegetables and fruits. I jog 3 times a week (I'm gonna jog every day starting Monday) and I also jumprope, work with dumbells, and stuff like situps, leg lifts, pushups.....

I hope to get back to 140 by the end of April biggrin

"We may deify or demonize them but not ignore them. And we call them genius, because they are the people who change the world."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/05/11 5:29pm

psychodelicide

avatar

bboy87 said:

I'm the same height and I've always been in the 140-150 area but I'm 175 now due to laziness and eating junk food lol I'm on a diet now and have completely cut out junk food and eating more vegetables and fruits. I jog 3 times a week (I'm gonna jog every day starting Monday) and I also jumprope, work with dumbells, and stuff like situps, leg lifts, pushups.....

I hope to get back to 140 by the end of April biggrin

Good for you for cutting junk food out of your diet and exercising. You're on the right track. clapping My vice is Pepsi, I really need to stop drinking that stuff. Totally bad for me in every way imaginable, but it tastes so damn good. If I could start drinking water instead, and go back to walking 4 miles a day (which I used to do until I got lazy), the weight would start to come off. I gotta go back to doing that. As soon as I quit walking and start drinking Pepsi/eating junk food, the weight creeps right back on me again. I miss the days when I could eat whatever I wanted, and not have to worry about gaining weight.

RIP, Prince. A legend has left us, and you will be forever missed. cry

"She probably found her vagina". lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/05/11 6:26pm

Poiple

Is there a certain area of your body that you feel "fatter"? For instance, if you feel fatter in your arms, legs, or butt, you may be actually adding muscle to those areas but losing fat, making your clothes feel snugger due to presence of more muscle in those areas.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/05/11 6:32pm

mynameisnotsus
an

TeenPr1nceChick said:

Hey all. So I'm 5'7 and used to weigh 144 lbs. Thanks to a little more exercise and a stomach bug, I lost 12 lbs since july of last year. Before, I wasn't really self-conscious about my body, but now that I've lost the weight, I feel fatter. Does this make any sense? hmm

Sometimes I think our minds and eyes deceive ourselves. If you're active and eating healthy, the weight will take care of itself.

Can I just add that there are a number of industries based around people, particularly women feeling uncomfortable/guilty/hatred about their appearance. The fashion industry, the food industry, the diet industry, the advertising industry, the cosmetic industry, the plastic surgery industry to name a few. It's easy to say "Don't buy into it" when you are constantly bombarded with messages telling you that you are unworthy but please don't buy into it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/05/11 6:40pm

Fauxie

avatar

Hopefully you're getting enough protein and carbs. Loads of cardio and not enough fuel for your body could mean your muscles are being used for energy. I think really it's better for ppl to think about how to put on muscle rather than how to lose weight. More muscle means better fat burning anyway.

MY COUSIN WORKS IN A PHARMACY AND SHE SAID THEY ENEMA'D PRANCE INTO OBLIVION WITH FENTONILS!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/05/11 6:44pm

Fauxie

avatar

p.s. Sometimes I don't think it's even worth getting on a scale. You can take some CLA or L-Carnitine or something, focus on doing your exercise and having some strength work in there to build some muscle, and then let the rest take care of itself. Your weight could go down, or it could go up because of increased muscle, but whatever, it's not about a number on a scale in the end. You can see how you look as you progress and that's more important, right?

MY COUSIN WORKS IN A PHARMACY AND SHE SAID THEY ENEMA'D PRANCE INTO OBLIVION WITH FENTONILS!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/05/11 7:33pm

Alej

avatar

The more weight I lose, the more weight I want to lose.

I just found out that I lost 2 kilos smile It's inspiring.

fucking typos edit

[Edited 2/5/11 19:33pm]

The orger formerly known as theodore
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/05/11 7:39pm

Fauxie

avatar

Alej said:

The more weight I lose, the more weight I want to lose.

I just found out that I lost 2 kilos smile It's inspiring.

fucking typos edit

[Edited 2/5/11 19:33pm]

Well done.

I thought you left though.

MY COUSIN WORKS IN A PHARMACY AND SHE SAID THEY ENEMA'D PRANCE INTO OBLIVION WITH FENTONILS!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 02/05/11 7:45pm

Alej

avatar

Fauxie said:

Alej said:

The more weight I lose, the more weight I want to lose.

I just found out that I lost 2 kilos smile It's inspiring.

fucking typos edit

[Edited 2/5/11 19:33pm]

Well done.

I thought you left though.

The org?

The orger formerly known as theodore
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 02/05/11 7:54pm

Fauxie

avatar

Alej said:

Fauxie said:

Well done.

I thought you left though.

The org?

Yep. Did you not?

MY COUSIN WORKS IN A PHARMACY AND SHE SAID THEY ENEMA'D PRANCE INTO OBLIVION WITH FENTONILS!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 02/05/11 7:56pm

Alej

avatar

Fauxie said:

Alej said:

The org?

Yep. Did you not?

Well, I had left but I came back smile

It's Alej, bitch. smile

The orger formerly known as theodore
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 02/05/11 8:03pm

Fauxie

avatar

Alej said:

Fauxie said:

Yep. Did you not?

Well, I had left but I came back smile

It's Alej, bitch. smile

Oh. Dust yourself off and try again. hug

MY COUSIN WORKS IN A PHARMACY AND SHE SAID THEY ENEMA'D PRANCE INTO OBLIVION WITH FENTONILS!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 02/05/11 8:21pm

Alej

avatar

Fauxie said:

Alej said:

Well, I had left but I came back smile

It's Alej, bitch. smile

Oh. Dust yourself off and try again. hug

lol

The orger formerly known as theodore
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 02/05/11 8:48pm

TeenPr1nceChic
k

avatar

psychodelicide said:

bboy87 said:

I'm the same height and I've always been in the 140-150 area but I'm 175 now due to laziness and eating junk food lol I'm on a diet now and have completely cut out junk food and eating more vegetables and fruits. I jog 3 times a week (I'm gonna jog every day starting Monday) and I also jumprope, work with dumbells, and stuff like situps, leg lifts, pushups.....

I hope to get back to 140 by the end of April biggrin

Good for you for cutting junk food out of your diet and exercising. You're on the right track. clapping My vice is Pepsi, I really need to stop drinking that stuff. Totally bad for me in every way imaginable, but it tastes so damn good. If I could start drinking water instead, and go back to walking 4 miles a day (which I used to do until I got lazy), the weight would start to come off. I gotta go back to doing that. As soon as I quit walking and start drinking Pepsi/eating junk food, the weight creeps right back on me again. I miss the days when I could eat whatever I wanted, and not have to worry about gaining weight.

I usually don't drink a lot of soda, but man can that stuff get addicting! I've taken a few vacations where it was practically all I drank... then I get home and it's all I can do not to stock the refridge full with pepsi

"For what it's worth, you're somewhere here on Earth..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 02/05/11 8:51pm

TeenPr1nceChic
k

avatar

mynameisnotsusan said:

TeenPr1nceChick said:

Hey all. So I'm 5'7 and used to weigh 144 lbs. Thanks to a little more exercise and a stomach bug, I lost 12 lbs since july of last year. Before, I wasn't really self-conscious about my body, but now that I've lost the weight, I feel fatter. Does this make any sense? hmm

Sometimes I think our minds and eyes deceive ourselves. If you're active and eating healthy, the weight will take care of itself.

Can I just add that there are a number of industries based around people, particularly women feeling uncomfortable/guilty/hatred about their appearance. The fashion industry, the food industry, the diet industry, the advertising industry, the cosmetic industry, the plastic surgery industry to name a few. It's easy to say "Don't buy into it" when you are constantly bombarded with messages telling you that you are unworthy but please don't buy into it.

I try not to. When I was 144, I was the heaviest of all my close friends, and it didn't bother me at all. I still have plenty of curves that they're jealous of.... Overall I'm happy with my body. smile

"For what it's worth, you're somewhere here on Earth..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 02/05/11 8:53pm

Fauxie

avatar

TeenPr1nceChick said:

mynameisnotsusan said:

Sometimes I think our minds and eyes deceive ourselves. If you're active and eating healthy, the weight will take care of itself.

Can I just add that there are a number of industries based around people, particularly women feeling uncomfortable/guilty/hatred about their appearance. The fashion industry, the food industry, the diet industry, the advertising industry, the cosmetic industry, the plastic surgery industry to name a few. It's easy to say "Don't buy into it" when you are constantly bombarded with messages telling you that you are unworthy but please don't buy into it.

I try not to. When I was 144, I was the heaviest of all my close friends, and it didn't bother me at all. I still have plenty of curves that they're jealous of.... Overall I'm happy with my body. smile

With this thread as the celebratory testament to that. smile

MY COUSIN WORKS IN A PHARMACY AND SHE SAID THEY ENEMA'D PRANCE INTO OBLIVION WITH FENTONILS!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 02/06/11 4:23am

psychodelicide

avatar

TeenPr1nceChick said:

psychodelicide said:

Good for you for cutting junk food out of your diet and exercising. You're on the right track. clapping My vice is Pepsi, I really need to stop drinking that stuff. Totally bad for me in every way imaginable, but it tastes so damn good. If I could start drinking water instead, and go back to walking 4 miles a day (which I used to do until I got lazy), the weight would start to come off. I gotta go back to doing that. As soon as I quit walking and start drinking Pepsi/eating junk food, the weight creeps right back on me again. I miss the days when I could eat whatever I wanted, and not have to worry about gaining weight.

I usually don't drink a lot of soda, but man can that stuff get addicting! I've taken a few vacations where it was practically all I drank... then I get home and it's all I can do not to stock the refridge full with pepsi

Soda is definitely addictive. nod

RIP, Prince. A legend has left us, and you will be forever missed. cry

"She probably found her vagina". lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 02/06/11 9:16am

KatSkrizzle

avatar

There is an element in a lot of women that distorts their views of themselves as they lose weight. A lot of really heavy women after they lose a lot of weight still see themselves as heavy and become obsessive about losing. It's a mental thing to still feel heavy because your mental has become so used to the weight. I'm more than positive this is what you are experiencing.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 02/06/11 9:20am

KatSkrizzle

avatar

psychodelicide said:

TeenPr1nceChick said:

I usually don't drink a lot of soda, but man can that stuff get addicting! I've taken a few vacations where it was practically all I drank... then I get home and it's all I can do not to stock the refridge full with pepsi

Soda is definitely addictive. nod

I don't know how I did it. But I bargained with my other half for one vice. It was either diet soda or coffee. I cut out the soda. I've become so used to not drinking diet soda that I actually don't crave it. I will have Cokes one day a week. But lately diet soda can actually make my stomach turn when I drink it. But I have a Coke every Saturday. I've also been drinking diet green tea if I crave a sweet cold liquid. I think once you ease off it and allow it one day a week, it's not so hard.

But... I CANNOT be without coffee.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 02/06/11 10:27am

psychodelicide

avatar

KatSkrizzle said:

psychodelicide said:

Soda is definitely addictive. nod

I don't know how I did it. But I bargained with my other half for one vice. It was either diet soda or coffee. I cut out the soda. I've become so used to not drinking diet soda that I actually don't crave it. I will have Cokes one day a week. But lately diet soda can actually make my stomach turn when I drink it. But I have a Coke every Saturday. I've also been drinking diet green tea if I crave a sweet cold liquid. I think once you ease off it and allow it one day a week, it's not so hard.

But... I CANNOT be without coffee.

That's great that you've been able to stop drinking diet soda. What's worse for me is that I can't even drink diet soda. I can only drink the regular, sugar infested kind. lol It's a good idea to drink green tea; I should try that, in place of the Pepsi.

RIP, Prince. A legend has left us, and you will be forever missed. cry

"She probably found her vagina". lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 02/06/11 11:13am

TeenPr1nceChic
k

avatar

psychodelicide said:

KatSkrizzle said:

I don't know how I did it. But I bargained with my other half for one vice. It was either diet soda or coffee. I cut out the soda. I've become so used to not drinking diet soda that I actually don't crave it. I will have Cokes one day a week. But lately diet soda can actually make my stomach turn when I drink it. But I have a Coke every Saturday. I've also been drinking diet green tea if I crave a sweet cold liquid. I think once you ease off it and allow it one day a week, it's not so hard.

But... I CANNOT be without coffee.

That's great that you've been able to stop drinking diet soda. What's worse for me is that I can't even drink diet soda. I can only drink the regular, sugar infested kind. lol It's a good idea to drink green tea; I should try that, in place of the Pepsi.

Diet soda has never tasted good to me.. like you I NEED the regular when I have it.

"For what it's worth, you're somewhere here on Earth..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 02/06/11 11:47am

KatSkrizzle

avatar

psychodelicide said:

KatSkrizzle said:

I don't know how I did it. But I bargained with my other half for one vice. It was either diet soda or coffee. I cut out the soda. I've become so used to not drinking diet soda that I actually don't crave it. I will have Cokes one day a week. But lately diet soda can actually make my stomach turn when I drink it. But I have a Coke every Saturday. I've also been drinking diet green tea if I crave a sweet cold liquid. I think once you ease off it and allow it one day a week, it's not so hard.

But... I CANNOT be without coffee.

That's great that you've been able to stop drinking diet soda. What's worse for me is that I can't even drink diet soda. I can only drink the regular, sugar infested kind. lol It's a good idea to drink green tea; I should try that, in place of the Pepsi.

It could at least help with your sinuses and metabolism. Green tea is really good for you. ANd the diet green tea is pretty tasty.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 02/06/11 5:11pm

bboy87

avatar

KatSkrizzle said:

psychodelicide said:

That's great that you've been able to stop drinking diet soda. What's worse for me is that I can't even drink diet soda. I can only drink the regular, sugar infested kind. lol It's a good idea to drink green tea; I should try that, in place of the Pepsi.

It could at least help with your sinuses and metabolism. Green tea is really good for you. ANd the diet green tea is pretty tasty.

That's my second favorite drink (Ginger Ale is the first) biggrin

"We may deify or demonize them but not ignore them. And we call them genius, because they are the people who change the world."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 02/08/11 7:35am

psychodelicide

avatar

Okay, I definitely am going to give the green tea a try.

I love gingerale too.

RIP, Prince. A legend has left us, and you will be forever missed. cry

"She probably found her vagina". lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > General Discussion > I feel fatter... but I've recently lost weight?