URL: http://prince.org/msg/100/169511

Date printed: Fri 25th Jul 2014 4:02pm PDT

independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 25th Jul 2014 4:02pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forums > General Discussion > Why Is Purple Considered A Gay Color Of PRIDEAmongst The Gays And Lesbian Crowd? Is Sunday The Day For Clubbing
AuthorMessage
Thread started 12/04/05 7:22pm

Zelaira

Why Is Purple Considered A Gay Color Of PRIDEAmongst The Gays And Lesbian Crowd? Is Sunday The Day For Clubbing

Any Answers?
[Edited 12/4/05 19:23pm]
Reply #1 posted 12/04/05 7:28pm

AnckSuNamun

Purple's the official color? I thought the rainbow flag was.
rose looking for you in the woods tonight rose
Reply #2 posted 12/04/05 7:37pm

Tom

I always thought it was pink. Though some people seem to call certain shades of pink, purple. As far as I know, the pink triangle was a symbol used by Nazi's to tag homosexuals.
Reply #3 posted 12/04/05 7:42pm

AnckSuNamun

Tom said:

I always thought it was pink. Though some people seem to call certain shades of pink, purple. As far as I know, the pink triangle was a symbol used by Nazi's to tag homosexuals.


I thought pink was for Breast Cancer awareness lol oh boy.....these colors are gettin' confusing.
rose looking for you in the woods tonight rose
Reply #4 posted 12/04/05 7:45pm

Zelaira

Rainbow yes... Pink Triangle for Lesbians and Breast Cancer. Purple for Gay Men. They have used Purple lights at Movie Theatres. Blue for Bi-Sexuals... But Why are these Colors Chosen? Any Ideas?
Reply #5 posted 12/04/05 7:50pm

AnckSuNamun

Zelaira said:

Rainbow yes... Pink Triangle for Lesbians and Breast Cancer. Purple for Gay Men. They have used Purple lights at Movie Theatres. Blue for Bi-Sexuals... But Why are these Colors Chosen? Any Ideas?


Blue for bi-sexuals....the Crips might have somethin' to say about that. lol I think this whole color labeling is just stupid. People are just gonna start wearing black and white in fear of being accused of being this or that lol
rose looking for you in the woods tonight rose
Reply #6 posted 12/04/05 7:57pm

HamsterHuey

Zelaira said:

Any Answers?



hmph!
Reply #7 posted 12/04/05 7:59pm

Zelaira

It's true..Ya know I was Turned away from this club Called RAWHide cause it is Only for guys and the guy was wearing some fancy Chaps.
Reply #8 posted 12/04/05 8:01pm

ThePurpleChode

Holy sh*t! Does that mean I'm gay?
I have to tell ya I like to do a little muff diving every now and then.
And no, that doesn't make me a Lesbian either.
Reply #9 posted 12/04/05 8:07pm

AnckSuNamun

ThePurpleChode said:

Holy sh*t! Does that mean I'm gay?
I have to tell ya I like to do a little muff diving every now and then.
And no, that doesn't make me a Lesbian either.


lol I thought you were a man for some reason.
rose looking for you in the woods tonight rose
Reply #10 posted 12/04/05 10:21pm

Illustrator

Isn't kinda like the whole terrorist color alert thing.

Today we're at level pink. That's just reg'lar gay.
Level purple is flaming.
Level rainbow, they're coming en masse, in the form of a parade!
Reply #11 posted 12/04/05 10:42pm

Janfriend

I thought purple was the color of the crips and bloods united

URL: http://prince.org/msg/100/169511

Date printed: Fri 25th Jul 2014 4:02pm PDT